Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-14, 01:15 PM  
soccergal23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I did the beginner workout this a.m and I really need to work on my sliding! I liked the instructors and the basic workout was good and was a beginner workout. Now the sliding took some work on my part. I am going to have to practice this. It was almost an hour but it really went by fast.
The board only took maybe 10 minutes to lie flat and it did not slip around at all even tho it was on top of a thick cotton carpet which was on top of a berber carpet. The construction seemed solid and was just slippery enough for me. I have to say I was glad I got the 5 ft one as sliding across a longer one would have been a bit too challenging for me.
Looking forward to doing this probably the day after tomorrow. Tomorrow I am going to try out my new Cathe STS Total Body which I am excited about.

The hardest part for me were the mountain climbers. I can do these on the floor but on the board was no joke. Something else to work up to.
Those mountain climbers are killer on the board! I really dreaded them at first, but I'm getting better at them. At least going longer before needing a break
Old 01-16-14, 02:16 PM  
PhyllisG

[QUOTE=gigithesheltie;2348646]For those of you who ordered the Obisidian board from the Amazon vendor TVTopTen, how long did it take for your board to arrive? I ordered 12/31, then I finally received notification that it shipped on 1/7 with a scheduled delivery on 1/13. But it was actually never shipped - they just printed the FedEx label and never took it to FedEx. I e-mailed them on Monday (the scheduled delivery date) and they promptly responded that they would research it. When I did not hear anything back, I e-mailed again yesterday and again another prompt response. But this response was that they were having difficulties getting the boards to the Utah warehouse, and they would ship it as soon as it's available!?! According to Amazon, they are showing that they still have items in stock, so what gives? They also offered a refund, but I want the product, and I ordered the 7 DVD set from them on 1/1, which arrived on 1/7. So I have 7 slide board DVDs, and no slide!!! Sorry, I just had to rant for a bit.[/QUOTE

I had trouble with my delivery also. I ordered on 12/31 and it was to arrive on 1/13 but it went to FL and was not even addressed to me. I called them on Friday before the delivery was due told them what had happened and they sent out a new order immediately and I received it yesterday. I was lucky that I was tracking the package and saw it had been delivered! Not to me tho.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-14, 02:51 PM  
Kahulahula

Hi Phyllis. I am having the exact same problem in getting my slide board. Mine was also scheduled to be delivered on 1/13. Of course, it never showed up. I emailed the vendor and have gotten no response from them. I might try sending another email today. Very frustrating!
Kahulahula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-14, 06:51 PM  
PhyllisG

Did you order thru amazon? If so, I called amazon and explained the situation and they said they would contact the seller and I also contacted the seller myself. TVTopTen. They did respond immediately and he did straighten out the problem. Hope it works out. It is so frustrating but they did come thru for me and must have used some kind of expedited shipping because it came so fast. I actually didn't really believe him but he was right. When I emailed him on Friday he said he was printing out a new shipping label and it would go out that week. Then Wed he emailed me in the morning and said it was on the truck and out for delivery. Really?! But it was. He had never sent me a new tracking # so I was really doubtful but he did take care of the problem and I have no complaints.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-14, 08:15 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

I have a feeling the Obsidian boards that TVTopTen are selling on Amazon are coming directly from "Obsidian Slide Board" (the company). I had ordered the 7 DVD set from TVTopTen and I noticed that the package came directly from Obsidian Slide Board in San Diego. Didn't Obsidian (the company) also have back orders of the Obsidian set? Perhaps that's the reason the Amazon seller couldn't provide answers readily; they had to first go through Obsidian to find out the status. Anyhow, I hope those who are still waiting get their orders soon.
Old 01-16-14, 10:41 PM  
TriciaR
VF Supporter

I ordered directly from Obsidian on 12/28 and my set has shipped out today. I had to change my credit card number due to fraud and spoke to Patrick today. He couldn't have been more helpful. He did say something about the dvd's had been backordered and they were in. So maybe the orders will get caught up. Great customer service from their end.
Tricia
TriciaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-14, 10:47 PM  
Kahulahula

I did order through Amazon. I will try calling Amazon if the seller continues to ignore my emails. Thanks for the info.
Kahulahula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 09:54 AM  
gigithesheltie

What frustrates me about this is that they said they shipped it on 1/7 and gave me a tracking number. So of course, at the time of "shipment" they charged by CC. The tracking is blank - it just says that Fedex is waiting for the package to arrive. My e-mails from the Amazon vendor have been polite and apologetic. They said that there was a delay in getting the boards to the warehouse, but the last e-mail on Tuesday said they arrived that day. So if they have them, why are they still not shipping? Since I ordered on 12/31, I feel like they should expedite my order since they claim they have the boards in. As of this morning, Amazon is still showing items as being in stock, and I've been watching the in stock quantity change daily, so people are ordering, but it's like they are shipping those instead of mine. I did send my third e-mail yesterday, but now it seems they are not responding.
gigithesheltie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-14, 03:43 PM  
kettlebell

I called the 800 number to order the DVD’s from Obsidian and had great customer service. Placed my order Jan 3rd and received the DVD’s by Fed EX on Jan 10th in Canada. They were also quick to respond to all e-mails.

If anyone in Canada is wondering about postage, it was $16.95 for the 10 DVD set shipped by Fed Ex. I didn’t get charged any extra fees.
kettlebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-14, 05:24 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kettlebell View Post
I called the 800 number to order the DVD’s from Obsidian and had great customer service. Placed my order Jan 3rd and received the DVD’s by Fed EX on Jan 10th in Canada. They were also quick to respond to all e-mails.

If anyone in Canada is wondering about postage, it was $16.95 for the 10 DVD set shipped by Fed Ex. I didn’t get charged any extra fees.
Kettlebell thanks, can I ask you how much they charge for the 10 dvds? I was interested in the whole system, but their shipping to Canada is about $100, I don't understand why when we can get a slide board shipped from ebay for about $40.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buyobsidian, obsidian, obsidian fitness, obsidian slide, slide board, ultraslide