Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-19-10, 05:05 AM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_b View Post
Is it just me, or are they showing up on a lot of etailer home pages?

That has me so happy because I love my board (unearthed it when moving recently) and just bought a new VCR for my home gym so I could play my Slide videos. Are any available on DVD?
I saw this while buying kettlebells,

http://www.performbetter.com/detail....644_A_rnd_E_24

I still have my slide (Reebok.the adjustable one), thanks for starting this thread, I never parted with it because it was so much fun!, I'll just need to dust it off and buy some bootie
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-10, 07:40 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_b View Post
I'm just hoping it gets interest that leads to DVDs.
ITA!

I can't do equipment without DVDs!

(I'd hate to say how many different slide boards I've owned in the past. )

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-10, 07:56 PM  
mimikz

Does anyone know if there are moderately priced slide boards for sale that function well?

Mimi
mimikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-10, 12:59 AM  
bee1forfitness

Found it stored in the orginal sealed box with the price tag on it of $85 in perfect condition, I had 2 (used ones) and gave all away but this one, also found the VHS workouts for it to Reebok Basic Training, I remeber really liking that one.ordered some booties from performbetter.com while they still have free shipping on everything. Now I don't need to buy those gliding things, and found another workout tool for my cardio and lower body, Thank you, Thank you for starting this Thread!
Old 02-21-10, 07:10 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimikz View Post
Does anyone know if there are moderately priced slide boards for sale that function well?
No, this is why you see VF'ers get so excited when they score a good deal on a used model at a yard sale or on Craigslist. That's your best bet, but beware: some of the used, cheaper ones don't roll out well or may have creases or chips in them that affect use, so think about that before buying (I wish I had). I want to say Fitness Wholesale has some of the better new prices I've seen.

We were looking at those plans posted on how to make your own. The thing holding me back is that I don't know where I would store it when not in use. I will have to think about that for a while.
Old 02-21-10, 09:00 AM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-lara View Post
No, this is why you see VF'ers get so excited when they score a good deal on a used model at a yard sale or on Craigslist. That's your best bet, but beware: some of the used, cheaper ones don't roll out well or may have creases or chips in them that affect use, so think about that before buying (I wish I had). I want to say Fitness Wholesale has some of the better new prices I've seen.

We were looking at those plans posted on how to make your own. The thing holding me back is that I don't know where I would store it when not in use. I will have to think about that for a while.
I had made my own and if you measure before someone cuts it at the hardware store,it can slide under or behind your couch. That's where mine was stored before it got damaged and I had to throw it out. I found, however, it wasn't nearly as slide-y as the manufactured ones.

For booties ... could you use the boot covers that surgical teams use? The booties I've seen appear to be cheap polyester, so if you are handy maybe you could sew some from Walmart's $1 a yard section.
Old 02-21-10, 09:29 AM  
fluffydogfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
I found, however, it wasn't nearly as slide-y as the manufactured ones.
So, Rose, you think it's not worth it to build one? I was getting excited to start a new "project," but I don't want to spend the time/expense if you think the homemade ones just aren't that much fun.

Katie
fluffydogfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-10, 09:34 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

Ooh me neither! Rose, can I ask if you tried Armour All like they tell you to do with store-bought slides when they get less slippery?

Also, the cheaper booties aren't as slippery as the good ones, I noticed.

Sounds like we may all be destined to keep looking for used ones.
Old 02-21-10, 11:01 AM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffydogfan View Post
So, Rose, you think it's not worth it to build one? I was getting excited to start a new "project," but I don't want to spend the time/expense if you think the homemade ones just aren't that much fun.

Katie
It certainly could have been operator error, since I'm not the most handy person in the world. But I definitely noticed a big difference between the one I made and one I found second-hand in a thrift store.
Old 02-22-10, 12:10 AM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimikz View Post

Mimi
Mimi this is the best price I've found for a New Slide, don't know anything about it however, but it's selling on a hockey website....so maybe it's good

http://www.hockeyshot.com/PowerSlide...-board-001.htm

HTH

Tags
slide board, slide boards, sliding