Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-01-20, 05:00 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Me, too! No energy and terrible attention span. I have some fun hobbies I enjoy and I should be taking this extra time to work on them. I'm only good for about 15 minutes at best.

I'm still doing my workouts. I can't slack due to bone loss issues. The motivation is so low though...

My appetite is off, too. Some folks are stress eaters, I'm a stress non-eater. I have to make meals for my DH whio is busy clearing all the weeds to prepare for wildfire season. (Another potential disaster!)

Alta, unfortunately I am a stress eater, cook and baker! Cooking and baking calms me. My husband and son do not mind, though!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 05:47 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
After taking a rest day yesterday, I was able to complete my hour of dance cardio this morning. It was a bit of a struggle,but it felt so good to do my usual workout! I hope I can do it again tomorrow.
I'm glad you were able to get a full workout!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 05:50 PM  
Leonana

Yes, same here. It does seem easier to do strength workouts. I want to walk outdoors, but I can't seem to find the motivation. Motivation seems to be lacking for a lot of things. And I'm eating way too much.

I read somewhere that it's mental exhaustion. When everyday decisions have a moral consequence, such as going to the grocery store or not. It can weigh you down.
Old 04-01-20, 05:58 PM  
killoffsonny

Yes. I'm the same. Just can't get motivated. And I'm not working so I shouldn't be tired. Yoga or barre or pilates is fine. But I've never been one who loves cardio anyway.
Old 04-01-20, 05:59 PM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
OMG, I thought it was just me! (Full disclosure I did binge all of Ozark this weekend, and that took up all my time, rationalizing this...)

Very low energy and teenagers and husband all in my workout space are also attributing to it...
Ozark was great! I'm trying to binge as much as possible Homeland on Showtime. We have it free until 23 april.
Old 04-01-20, 07:16 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Yes, same here. It does seem easier to do strength workouts. I want to walk outdoors, but I can't seem to find the motivation. Motivation seems to be lacking for a lot of things. And I'm eating way too much.

I read somewhere that it's mental exhaustion. When everyday decisions have a moral consequence, such as going to the grocery store or not. It can weigh you down.
Sherry, I think you have hit on something that could certainly be true for me. I have always been able to read a book...no matter what goes on in my life. However I haven't recently. I couldn't identify the reason why but I think you have hit on it!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 07:24 PM  
sherry7899

I usually read two or three books at once. Now I can barely get through a few pages at a time of one book.

Sherry, I think you are right!

Linda, thank you!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 08:21 PM  
seabliss

I also ordered a jigsaw puzzle ... And DH and I decided it was an apropos time to finally start watching The Walking Dead. Some similarities in that series to the current situation, haha ... and bonus, there are nine seasons on Netflix.

Also not into cardio right now, except for outdoor walks. I started a 4-week strength rotation with Fitness Blender last week. They had it marked down to $4.50 to help people during this time. I realized the structure was what would calm me right now, and the fact that in four weeks I'll be stronger. I can't control much but I can control that. I play my own music during the workouts. Yesterday I streamed the soundtrack to Princess Bride, lol. What comforts us and keeps us steady is what we need!
Old 04-01-20, 08:33 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabliss View Post
I also ordered a jigsaw puzzle ... And DH and I decided it was an apropos time to finally start watching The Walking Dead. Some similarities in that series to the current situation, haha ... and bonus, there are nine seasons on Netflix.

Also not into cardio right now, except for outdoor walks. I started a 4-week strength rotation with Fitness Blender last week. They had it marked down to $4.50 to help people during this time. I realized the structure was what would calm me right now, and the fact that in four weeks I'll be stronger. I can't control much but I can control that. I play my own music during the workouts. Yesterday I streamed the soundtrack to Princess Bride, lol. What comforts us and keeps us steady is what we need!

I totally agree with this. Try to focus on what you can control. And VF is what comforts me and keeps me steady during this time. It’s been such a comfort.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 03:59 AM  
ChelePA

Between my broken foot and this virus, I’m definitely feeling the mental exhaustion. I’m also a book lover but can’t get into reading right now. My husband and I started doing puzzles when he gets home from work. For some reason, this is what has helped take my mind off things the most. We have completed 2 one thousand piece puzzles so far. I have a few more arriving next week. And a friend just asked recently to do a puzzle exchange. So I should have one for the weekend.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anxiety, coronavirus, covid-19, fatigue, stress