Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-29-20, 04:28 PM  
sherry7899

is anyone else struggling with low energy levels for cardio these days?

I am having a very hard time with doing cardio these days. I have put off returning to using weights because I have neck/shoulder/lower back issues and I don't want to need chiropractor care right now!

I had been doing 55-75 minutes of dance cardio or kickboxing (the kickboxing workouts are shorter) three to five times a week with no problem. It took a long time to build up to that length of time and I felt really good about it! In the last ten days or so, I have been really struggling to even do 20 minutes of cardio. I guess everything going on is just weighing me down literally!

This morning I really pushed myself and completed a 55 minute dance class, but I really had to talk to myself to keep going. My calorie burn and heart rate are lower than they used to be, but at least I did it.

Yoga I can do just fine......

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 04:58 PM  
Gams

I feel like I’ve got a bowling ball sitting on my chest. I don’t want to do anything but lie on the couch and watch tv. I’ve been forcing myself to do some kind of workout most days, but I’m not working out nearly as much as I was before coronavirus.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 05:02 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I feel like I’ve got a bowling ball sitting on my chest. I don’t want to do anything but lie on the couch and watch tv. I’ve been forcing myself to do some kind of workout most days, but I’m not working out nearly as much as I was before coronavirus.
Tammy, exactly! I am trying to read when I have time, but I am having trouble concentrating on new books. My attention span is lousy. I may stick to cleaning and re read old favorite books instead. We are watching old favorite shows on dvd (The Odd Couple). We had wanted to watch Black Mirror on Netflix but decided it was too dark to watch now.

Old 03-29-20, 05:03 PM  
Lori_Michigan

OMG, I thought it was just me! (Full disclosure I did binge all of Ozark this weekend, and that took up all my time, rationalizing this...)

Very low energy and teenagers and husband all in my workout space are also attributing to it...
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 05:06 PM  
sherry7899

Lori, I am sorry you are going through this also-hugs!

Ozark is supposed to be a great show. It is on our list. The only new show we have to watch now is Better Call Saul, and that only has four episodes left.

Old 03-29-20, 05:16 PM  
wendug

Count me in as not having the same energy levels for cardio. Some days are better then others. With all the depressing coronavirus news going on I think I'm mentally spent. I have been backing off reading news online and I do feel better doing that. It doesn't help that is is rainy and blah out.
Old 03-29-20, 05:19 PM  
sherry7899

Wendy, we have gray skies here also. It definitely does not help.

Old 03-29-20, 09:02 PM  
Pam

I have only done a couple hard workouts in the past couple of weeks, but most days I don't have the energy to a workout. Stress and not sleeping as good on some nights, has taken a toll on me.

Just getting outdoors, especially in nature, has helped me to feel less stressed and at least I am getting some exercise.
Old 03-29-20, 10:03 PM  
Scorpio6

OMG I thought it was just me -- and my low thyroid. We have been watching Harry Potter flicks over and over, as well as Project Blue Book and Ancient Aliens. And that's it. Can't hardly stand to turn on the news, even tho I force myself for the press briefings with the scientists talking about coronavirus, even tho it's not good for my nerves.

To make matters worse, with this lockdown, our favorite restaurant, Stir Crazy, an Asian fusion venue, is closing this Tuesday so this is their last weekend and we can't even have a farewell dine-in, all has to be carryout. The owner knows us and gave us a very nice keepsake menu. So we are eating ourselves 10 lbs heavier all weekend, Mon & Tues and that's the last of our beloved Stir Crazy. I wonder how many more businesses will have to shut down bc of this virus lockdown. We can't have Easter buffet at the casine with my brother, they're shut down.

And we can't find toilet paper and the situation is getting to the point where if I can't find some this week, we'll have to start using paper napkins. This is ridiculous. I just can't get myself together.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 10:22 PM  
fanofladyvols

My attention span is definitely suffering Every time I go to the grocery store trying to hunt up items missing I get all worried. Right now, trying to track down my kitty's food is stressing me out. I have tried to switch her in the past to different brands mixing in slowly. At first
she did try to eat but then would puke. When I kept trying other brands, she literally picks out the different pieces out of the bowl onto the floor. Then I swear she looks at me like"You know what this does to me. Why must you keep doing this?!"

I have GOT to find some in the next few days and just trying to be calm about it. She is such a low maintenance sweetie that I gotta come through for her.

Yoga and stretching are easier for me to do, too.

The last couple of days I have actually started to feel a little better because the weather cooperated enough for me to do gardening. My tulips blooming improved my disposition.

We also don't have many restaurants we visit but the ones we do we hope make it through this. I'd eat up like mad if they announced they were closing, too.

Sending everyone virtual hugs because this heavy feeling is something real that folks around us are feeling as well. Hang in there everyone!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anxiety, coronavirus, covid-19, fatigue, stress