Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-28-20, 08:01 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
There's a Jane Fonda step workout that was led by someone other than Jane, although she did the intro. It was THE.WORST. Hootin',hollerin', and the blonde woman leading it was just over the top not to mention that she was wearing a bullet bra straight out of the 50s. Just Say No and Joni O.
I had two of them: "Step and Stretch" and "Step and Abs". I saved the former and got rid of the latter. Lots of whooping, a real party-in-a-box. These people were having way too much fun. But for some reason, I could tolerate Step and Stretch even though it's not my style. But maybe that's it - it's a form of escapism. I think I just put myself into it and have fun, and don't take it too seriously. The choreography is basic, so I don't have to pay too much attention. I just did Step and Stretch the other day.
Old 03-28-20, 11:15 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
Three in one day? That's when I'd give up and say it wasn't meant to be. Did you persevere?
Well, I did finish the last yoga practice. It was only 25 minutes and I wanted to see if I could finish SOMETHING.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 09:57 AM  
Gams

I LOVE Jane Fonda’s step workouts. Every chance I get I beg her to release them on DVD. I like the simple choreography and I love the cast - Laurel, Jeanne, Mark Brunetz, Michelle Lemay, Linda McHugh and Jay Blahnik.

She has a third workout with Mark, Laurel and Jeanne that uses the step about half the time. That one IS on DVD and I have it but would love to have the other two on DVD as well.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 02:51 PM  
acey

Yesterday I tried to do Dancing With the Stars Cardio Burn. I liked DWTS Dance Off the Pounds, but Cardio Burn had me cursing and ejecting within minutes. Soooooo sloowwwww....what cardio?? How long do you need to take to teach a hip roll?
Old 03-30-20, 04:19 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Today I only made it through one combo of Jenny Ford's Unexpected Step. I've done it plenty of times, and I like her, but for some reason, today, just no. Either my volume wasn't up enough and I couldn't hear half the music, or the steps were really off the beat. I hope I'll get back to it.
Old 04-11-20, 01:19 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I dusted off Tamilee's old stretch video. I tried to do the half hour section, but found it annoying, and stopped.

I did the standing and floor sections and actually finished. This used to be my go-to stretch video. I even have an autographed copy from Tamilee from when I met her at a fitness convention.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 02:29 PM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I dusted off Tamilee's old stretch video. I tried to do the half hour section, but found it annoying, and stopped.

I did the standing and floor sections and actually finished. This used to be my go-to stretch video. I even have an autographed copy from Tamilee from when I met her at a fitness convention.
I love, love , love this video.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-20, 02:02 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

The other day, DH did Scott Cole's Millennium Stretch, so I thought I'd try it for the first time in many years.

I used to like this one, but since my back injury, I found I really didn't like most of his stretch choices and Joni-O'd it after about 15 minutes.

I then tried Karen Voight's Pure & Simple Stretch. I still like this one. I was cranky by then and only did about half.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-20, 03:48 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
The other day, DH did Scott Cole's Millennium Stretch, so I thought I'd try it for the first time in many years.

I used to like this one, but since my back injury, I found I really didn't like most of his stretch choices and Joni-O'd it after about 15 minutes.

I then tried Karen Voight's Pure & Simple Stretch. I still like this one. I was cranky by then and only did about half.
Ha! I’m usually too cranky to do much of anything after I Joni-O something, too.
Joni O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-20, 04:48 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Ha! I’m usually too cranky to do much of anything after I Joni-O something, too.
Am I the only one that finds it hilarious when Joni O talks about Joni-Oing?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
jane fonda, joni o