Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-09-21, 11:08 AM  
fanofladyvols

Workouts you love that no one else does?

So this post is inspired by the Baladea saga

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230785

But I have a few that I feel like I'm the only one who enjoys: Brazil Buttlift and dare I say it...Slim Series!

Please feel free to commiserate or list your own!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 11:14 AM  
bubbles76

Cathe's Shock Cardio System Almost every review has a problem with this series not being intense enough, and I think it's just right.

Met-Rx - okay so maybe saying nobody else likes it is harsh. But most were "meh" about it. I LOVE this set!!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 11:36 AM  
bfit

Kathy Smith's Matrix Walk with the fake desert outdoor setting. There's just something appealing about it to me, and the "walking" workout is creative and not just the same old stuff.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 11:40 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Many of Beachbody programs have been either popular or unpopular. They seem to be all the rage when they first came out and everyone has jumped on the bandwagon. Brazil Butt Lift and Slim Series were very well liked, but (as with most of us) we've moved on to the latest, greatest system.

Sometimes I revisit some of these older workouts and I find I like them very much. But, why do they sit on my shelf untouched?

I tend to get in a buying frenzy with the newer workouts, and dare I say that some I've purchased are still in the shrink. Crazy for a vidiot, I know.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 11:43 AM  
rhbrand

I love Slim Series! I still get them out and do them

I should get them out and do them again cause they are awesome!
Old 04-09-21, 11:51 AM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Cathe's Shock Cardio System Almost every review has a problem with this series not being intense enough, and I think it's just right.

Met-Rx - okay so maybe saying nobody else likes it is harsh. But most were "meh" about it. I LOVE this set!!
There are a couple of the Met-Rx workouts I absolutely love.

I do feel like I'm the only one here that likes Leslie's Walk and Kick.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 11:51 AM  
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
So this post is inspired by the Baladea saga

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230785

But I have a few that I feel like I'm the only one who enjoys: Brazil Buttlift and dare I say it...Slim Series!

Please feel free to commiserate or list your own!
I love the original Slim Series, music and long version of Start It Up included.

I don't like the new Slim Series as well for two reasons: 1) Debbie's Make-up 2) Debbie saying many of the exact same lines that, in the original, I thought were spontaneous. I don't know if the first time around was scripted, but the new version might be. I let these two petty things bother me since I like the old version just fine.

On different versions of Old Si6:
  • When I had VHS copies, with duplicates thanks to Half Price Books and my habit of buying cheap workouts to give away, I noticed that one set labeled the cover Phase 1, Phase 2, and Phase 3 while another set labeled them by Weeks instead of Phases. One of these sets had the long version of Start It Up and one had the short version. My later DVD of the Old Si6 only has the short version of Start It Up.
  • I recall once snagging up a copy of the Old Si6 on DVD for my sister. The video footage was the same but the music was different than on my VHS and DVD of Old Si6. Maybe I dreamed this
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 11:54 AM  
Gams

I like Kathy Smith’s Matrix Walk!

I LOVE YOUv2, but I don’t think it’s very popular here, although I know one other person here loves it like I do.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 12:01 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

There were times I swore I was the only one who did, much less loved, Marcos Prolo workouts. Then, someone else would post raves about them and I'd know I wasn't alone. He broke down moves in a way that I could follow and do complex choreography like it was no big deal.

And then, there was my for Twirl as I spun around my big basement. It was like having fun in a washing machine.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 12:07 PM  
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post

Met-Rx is a favorite of mine. When I first couch-potato reviewed it, I thought Frank was not my style. Fortunately I changed my mind and now I love having Frank as one of my pretend trainers.

I pieced together all the Met-Rx Minutes on one DVD so that I now have a 22-Minute workout I call PYP Mad Secs (Pick Your Poison Mad Seconds). Doing this gives a lowish-grade image on the TV but the sound is fine.

PYP means to do what Frank has them doing, or do my own thing. My main "own things" are Rainbow Slams with an 8-lb Sandbell when I've had enough with the pushups or squats, and Plyo Jumps (Frog Jumps) when they do squats if I need to be jumping that day. I also sometimes upgrade the burpees to "Plyo Down into Pushup Position/Pushup/Up to Jump Tuck when I need to get "Fish Out of Breathe" sprints done.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad workout, ez shaper pro, favorite workouts, hard sell, hits and misses, off the beaten path, settings, silly, tony little, vintage workouts