Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-20-20, 08:49 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did a mix of Jessica Valent's workouts -

- 10 Min Abs that I missed from yesterday
- Pilates Barre workout (from her calendar)
- Barre for Inner Thighs (also from her calendar)
- 10 Min Stretch workout

Whew...

And, I must rush b/c I got a late start this morning.

I'm thinking about starting Jessica's Healthy for the Holidays rotation on Monday. But, we shall see when Monday arrives, LOL!

I also like Cerave products and use mostly their stuff for my face. I like the Retinol in the blue container, I think for me, it works better than Differin. I even like their sunscreens which many people don't. I also like Vanicream and Cetaphil (the products from Cetaphil that are fragrance free, some of their stuff has fragrance and it is not pleasant!)

I used Paula's Choice for awhile, but i prefer stuff i can just pick up at the store and it seems to work just as well.

Hope everyone has a good day! Happy Friday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 06:03 PM  
TracyQ

Hi All—yesterday morning I did Boho Beautiful Deep Core Pilates. It’s 45-minutes and as the name suggests it focuses on the core. I also took an hour long walk in the afternoon.

Today I did the chest, back and tricep work from Cathe’s Gym Style workout. I also went for a 1/2 hour walk with my aunt and mother at lunchtime. It was mild here for November (58 degrees) and if I don’t force them out of the house they won’t go. They both love walking though once they get going and it breaks up their day, gets them out in fresh air and most importantly gets them away from the TV. I also took an hour long walk at dusk. It’s my favorite time to walk this time of year. I love watching the sky change from day to night while I’m walking.

Leonana—this is not exactly how I envisioned my retirement but I’m thankful that I have the time to do all this stuff for my aunt. She was so good to us when we were kids.

Donna—way to go with your workouts today. I was surprised to find that I actually like the CeraVe cleansers better than Paula’s. I did order some more of PC Resist daily moisturizer with sunscreen last night. It’s my favorite moisturizer. But other than that I think I’ll stick to the drugstore stuff.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 10:20 PM  
Leonana

Today was Jessica's You Tube 20 Minute Back Friendly Strength Workout. I didn't sleep well last night, and was tired this morning. I also cleaned house.

Donna, have you tried using moisturizer first, before the Differin? I found that makes a big difference for me with Retin A. I use my moisturizer on damp skin, wait until it dries, then put on my Retin A. It keeps my skin from getting dry and irritated.

Tracy, it sounds like your aunt is a special person. Sunscreen for my face is where I splurge more also. I like Korean or Japanese fragrance free sunscreens. I do like the CeraVe Hydrating cleanser to take off my eye makeup. I use it dry like a cold cream, and it takes the mascara off pretty well. I think I got that tip from Hot and Flashy. Although, I'm not sure if she still does that. For some reason, the CeraVe PM Moisturizer breaks me out. I like the Cetaphil Redness Relieving Night Moisturizer.
Old 11-21-20, 06:44 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

We've had warm weather the past two days so I've been getting a lot done outside. Today I was outside all day, so that was enough of a workout, but yesterday I did a strength workout and the day before was Jessica's Steady, Ready, Go.

My friend who thought she had COVID is fine now so it seems it was just a cold.

Tracy, It's nice you're able to do all of that for your aunt. I'm sure she's enjoying the time you're spending with her. A lot of restaurants around here have closed and it's getting scary. Let's hope the vaccine works, but these restaurants and other businesses have to hang on a while longer.

Donna, I may start Jessica's Healthy for the Holidays in December. I just want to finish up what I'm doing now, which will end at the end of this month.

Sherry, How is your friends' ice cream shop doing?
Old 11-21-20, 07:46 PM  
Leonana

No workout today. My husband and I are visiting my brother and sister-in-law. They live two hours north of us. It’s really nice here in the mountains, high of 70. I love seeing the scenery up here. We can’t come for thanksgiving, since our dd is working. So, we came to visit this weekend. Thanksgiving will just be the three of us after dd gets off work at 5:00. Probably best not to be in a large group of people anyway.

wishiwasinhawaii, our friends’ shop is doing well. Not well enough for the husband to quit his job, but they get a lot of customers. I’m glad your friend is well.
Old 11-22-20, 09:38 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I missed checking yesterday...it was:

Outdoor walk w/ my DD

Trifecta Pilates - Dynamic Pilates routine - my subscription ends at the end of the year, I got a good deal on the yearly price last year and I'm waffling on whether or not to continue my subscription. On the one hand, if i renew, I get to keep my special pricing and when I do her workouts I do enjoy them - particularly the ones that use a variety of equipment (like the one I did yesterday which included a resistance band, mini ball, ring and looped resistance band). But, I don't often reach for her workouts -mainly b/c of length - the one I did yesterday was an hour long. So...on the fence!

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla B - Walking w/ Weights for Women of a Certain Age - this is Pahla's "birthday" workout - it was pretty much her usual fare of chattiness and walking (30 seconds) alternated w/ another exercise (30 seconds).

Jessica Valent - 10 Min Pilates Challenge - Cardio Pilates and Pilates for Arms

I may walk later - it is cloudy, but not supposed to rain. My DD likes to/needs to get out of the house so we go!

My foot is not really better, but not worse either - so I'm wondering if this is just going to take time. I guess technically I should probably try to rest more....

I'm still thinking over what to do next week. I did miss Pahla....I like Ellen, but my step count suffers when I mainly focus on her workouts, LOL! And, then there is Jessica's Healthy for the Holidays.....

Sherry - I hope you enjoyed your visit! That is a good idea re: moisturize first and then apply the Differin. I may try that next...I still have a bit left over. I'm still working through all my products. I think I will ultimately settle on a mostly Cerave routine...once I'm finished going through everything. That is the one upside to the pandemic, is I decided to use up all my skincare and hair care products before buying new.....although as I ran out of things I liked I did buy new ones...just not as much impulse buying.

wishiwasinhawaii - we have had cloudy days, but decent temps...can't complain about that! I'm glad your friend didn't have COVID.

Tracy - I also love this time of year for outdoor walks - even on the cloudy days. Fall is probably my favorite season....I just wish winter didn't follow it. I'm glad you can spend time w/ you aunt!

Waves, Pam...

Donna
Old 11-23-20, 09:00 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was - back to Pahla:

Low Impact Cardio & Dynamic Weights - this was kettleblell inspired and I got quite sweaty from it!

Yoga w/ Kassandra - Morning Yin Stretch - which was perfect after Pahla's workout.

Yesterday my DD and i walked - so that was good - I got my steps in.

On our walk yesterday, i noticed that many restaurants are expanding their outdoor seating and adding in heap lamps and heaters....for those that don't want to eat inside. Plus, I think our indoor dining capacity has been reduced again due to the increase in cases. And, I'm not really willing to eat inside a restaurant now either - we have been getting take out - and sometimes eating it in the park - let's hope for a mild winter so we can keep doing that.

Sadly, I think we're going to have a rough winter - there will spikes I'm sure from Thanksgiving/Xmas/New Year's that we will be contending with.

On the upside, I did read something that said things may start looking more normal in May....

Hope everyone has a good day - I wish I took the week off. I'm not into working today!!

Donna
Old 11-23-20, 08:09 PM  
Leonana

Today was Jessica's Strictly Strength from the Get Strong dvd. I used 5, 6, 8 and 10. Quite the variety, lol.

For my birthday coming up in a couple of weeks, I ordered a 15 lb kettlebell from Walmart. I'm not sure I can handle that weight yet, but I didn't want to get a weight that was the same as a dumbbell. I can do swings with 10 lbs, so I think I can do 15. I should get it this Friday!

We had a good visit with my brother and sister in law. It was so nice to get away. I haven't visited them for months, so it was nice to see them.

Donna, I sure hope things will be more normal in May. Although, I'm starting to wonder what normal is!
Old 11-24-20, 08:50 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Quick post:

Natalie Spadaccino - Sculpt & Flow - this is a new on on Ellen's streaming site,Natalie has been a guest instructor previously and released a few DVDs of her own. Her style is like Ellen's but she often incorporates a lot of balance movements into her workouts and this one was no exception.

Jessica Valent - Strong and Fun Pilates Routine - this one was enjoyable, it moved at a good pace which is what i like about Jessica's routines! The pace works for me, it isn't so slow that I'm watching the clock, but not so fast that my form suffers.

Nice weights, Sherry! I hope you enjoy your kbell.

Hope everyone has a good day - sorry for the quick post, it is one of those mornings here.

Donna
Old 11-24-20, 09:40 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I've decided to do Jessica's Healthy for the Holidays. I started today. I was doing an old paper workout, but I was having trouble getting motivated to do it, so I guess I need the 'visual' a video provides. I remember when I only did paper workouts!

I see on the GD forum that someone noticed Jessica has a couple of new workouts on Amazon, but they aren't available yet. Looks like a yoga DVD and a pilates DVD. Not really my cup of tea so I'll pass on those. I was hoping for something more similar to the Get Strong DVD.

Donna, I agree we're going to have a rough winter. It's already bad and winter isn't even here yet. I also heard things will be better by May, but that seems very optimistic. I haven't felt like working this week either and wish I had taken at least one day off. On the positive side, I will be carrying a lot of vacation days over to next year so I'm planning to take a week off in Jan or Feb.

Sherry, I don't own any kettlebells, lol. I just don't have room for a lot of weights so I make the most of what I have, but KB workouts do look like fun.

Time to work...

Tags
jessica smith get strong