Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Bargain Watch

Old 01-21-21, 04:56 PM  
AnMrsDe

Manduka yoga mats !

I was using my TJ Maxx/Marshalls, etc. Gift Card while shopping at my local stores today and they have TONS of yoga mats - including 2 black Manduka Pros for $49.99. That is a great price for a Manduka...I have two Pros already (one bought from Target for $60). I actually had it in my cart but thought why do I need another $$ Manduka? So I thought I'd take a gamble for $19.99 and buy a Gaiam Insta Grip mat (6 MM) that was more cushy, stickier, and prettier! It boasts of "instant traction in any pose". (I'm getting tired of black! My other Manduka is light blue which is pretty but I keep it upstairs and don't use it as often). It seems my black Manduka is losing its' stickiness. I'll report back how I like it....

Just thought I'd share if you're looking for a yoga mat....they also have lots of other workout related items.
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 11:11 PM  
Vantreesta

So how do you like the Insta Grip? Inquiring minds want to know!

ETA: Oops, didn't notice you just posted that yesterday.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 08:48 AM  
AnMrsDe

Vannie, I just used it once before I read that Cathe will be selling round yoga mats! I've always wanted a ROUND one, so probably will be returning it and buying one from Cathe, LOL!

In response to your Q, I guess it was ok...not much difference from the Manduka, IMHO. But, I'm not giving it much of a chance to like it one way or another....
Old 01-23-21, 09:41 AM  
Vantreesta

AnMrsDe, thanks for the feedback. That's cool to know it compared well to the Manduka, at least in one use. I honestly don't even know why I asked since I certainly don't need a new yoga mat! I am rearranging my gym a bit so I actually have room again to roll out my 6' square mat that I love. When I got my rower and elliptical they sort of encroached on available floor space! Enjoy your round mat when you get it!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 06:48 PM  
bubbles76

I had planned on going out to TJ Maxx today to check out the equipment but was knocked back by a killer migraine. Just woke up not too long ago. Hopefully there will still be some goodies there next weekend
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 01:47 PM  
AnMrsDe

Vannie, thanks! Enjoy your 6' square mat too! (PS I actually took back my yoga mat last weekend, haha!). Now I'm reading on another thread that a lot of other peeps are planning on buying a round mat too....I sure hope Cathe orders quite a few, LOL!!

Hey Bubbles, I hope you feel better today! If your TJ Maxx/Marshalls inventory is similar to mine, I'm sure there will be plenty mats there this weekend. Report back what you find!
Old 05-05-21, 04:48 PM  
bubbles76

Reviving to say...I found some Manduka mats at TJ Maxx. No, I didn't have the migraine that long, although I do have another today. It's pretty mild, luckily But this past weekend I did see some mats at TJ Maxx. I had not seen any between January and now.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 04:11 PM  
AnMrsDe

Yay, glad you found some, Bubbles! I was at TJ Maxx this week and they had about 15 yoga mats left. None were Manduka, though. I found some cute workout wear that day and some really cute Bare Traps sandals that were $35 less than at DSW!!! (I checked when I got home). Couldn't believe it! And they are SOOO comfortable! I've been wearing them all around even though it's still cool out, LOL.

What is it with the headaches? I had a horrible one yesterday and still prevalent today. I blame it on allergies. Hope you're feeling better by now!

Tags
manduka, marshalls, tjmaxx