Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-09-21, 03:51 PM  
suzanne63

What are some of your favorite workout DVDs?

Hi
What are some of your favorite workout DVDs?
suzanne63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 04:08 PM  
muggle

Well, I have some favorite instructors. And I enjoy just about anything they have....not ever single thing, but most. Michelle Dozois, Patrick Goudeau, Cathe, Kelly Coffey Meyer.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 04:09 PM  
Calistro

Right now I seem to be all over Denise Austin and Kelly Coffey at the moment.
Sometimes also Billy or Zumba.

1.because they are short.
2. because of the lack of equipment.
3. They are low impact.

Still love the Cathe and Firms, but the dreaded equipment makes them impractical in the mornings
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 06:35 PM  
Gams

I love Kelly Coffey Meyer. If it weren’t for her, I wouldn’t be nearly as consistent with strength training and she has such a variety - short workouts, long workouts, light weights, heavy weights and using just a single weight, which I love. Yesterday I did Step Boxing 2. I think it was about 50
minutes with alternating cardio, light weight and single heavy weight segments. I love this workout. I also think Kelly has the best music.

For fun, I love YOUv2 and Kathy Smith’s March to Fitness.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 06:54 PM  
Mickey12

My vote is for Christie Taylor Totally Cool Step and Totally Hot Cardio. I love everything about them! The music is fantastic, Christie is so darn cute and motivating, the moves are fun,fun,fun! Just the right intensity, hard but not brutal.

Also when I think of favorite DVDs I think of those with no dread and ones I want to do on days when I don’t feel like working out. With that in mind, I think of Leslie. I really like her Radio HIITs and Party HIITs.

This is tough, I feel like I’m betraying so many other instructors.
Old 01-09-21, 07:12 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Cathe Perfect 30 - Perfect Pump. I love the lower body workout, it’s one set of everything and I enjoy the heavy weights. The upper body is great too, the mix of heavy and light weights is perfection.

I hope she does another set of heavy weight workouts. I also love the ones she did on Cathe Live, and I’d be happy if she did more there too.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 07:57 AM  
suzanne63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
Cathe Perfect 30 - Perfect Pump. I love the lower body workout, it’s one set of everything and I enjoy the heavy weights. The upper body is great too, the mix of heavy and light weights is perfection.

I hope she does another set of heavy weight workouts. I also love the ones she did on Cathe Live, and I’d be happy if she did more there too.
I am very much looking forward to Cathe's next set too.I can't wait to hear what it will be
suzanne63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 09:19 AM  
Karla25

Margaret Richard is one of my favorite instructors. Probably because I can combine laziness with strength training (in some of her workouts) since she has lots of floor work.

I also love Classical Stretch/Essentrics because they have given me much greater mobility, relief from back pain, and the exercises feel good when you’re doing them.

Kundalini Yoga to Detox and Destress is my absolute favorite for getting rid of the blues and for spinal mobility. It took me a while to get to where I could relax and do almost the entire workout with my eyes closed because it was a bit different type of workout with breath work and chanting. However, now that I’ve gotten the hang of it,
it is wonderful for emotional healing and bringing about a state of bliss.

BarreAmped Cardio Fat Burn is one of my favorite cardio workouts since it doesn’t tweak my lower back.
Old 01-10-21, 01:24 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Right now I enjoy Jessica Strength, Cathe LITE and ICE but mostly KCM. Some time back I said KCM was my new Cathe and I still feel that way. Very versatile for Cardio and Strength with times, a wide range of workout styles and premixes.
The Pump portion of Cardio Pump was my perfect workout last year.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 03:50 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

Cathe's ICE and LITE have been my most used sets in the last few years. Her current P30 Pump is becoming a favorite but has a slight dread factor because I have to drag out so many weights. I also like KCM Sculpting RX and Cardio Pump because of the minimal equipment needed.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
denise austin, favorite instructors, favorite workout, favorite workouts