Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-08-21, 11:55 AM  
Jenn R

Talking I LOVE Caroline Girvan

Thank you to all the people who recommended her on YouTube. I have burned out on cathe . I have done Cathe almost exclusively for 20 years and have been lackluster about doing any weight training for the last couple of years. I am looking forward again to weight training . She has so many workouts and so many innovative moves. She always looks so happy .

I am doing the epic two series now. Just avoiding any burpees and mountain climbers (bad back).

She is amazing

Jenn
Jenn R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 12:39 PM  
Erica H.

I really like her, too. I mainly just do her strength workouts because I run/spin for cardio. She's very strong! And so generous to share these workouts for free.

ETA - my back is fine, but I still avoid all burpees and mountain climbers because I hate them!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 02:54 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

LOVE LOVE her. I'll pay for her channel, but she's offering it fr free.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 04:36 PM  
IceQueen07

I love her. I am on day 24 of Epic I. It's hard, but I actually look forward to the workouts. So glad I found her on You Tube.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 04:41 PM  
Erica H.

One thing I don't understand is it feels like her workouts aren't balanced. Or maybe just not what I'm used to. For example, in Epic 2 next week she has a shoulders/triceps day and a back/biceps day. But what about chest? The following week, she only has chest/triceps (in addition to full body circuit). I did a full body workout today (I almost always do splits) and it was very heavy on legs, but so light on upper body.

But I think she's great and appreciate all the free content. And I admire her physique and strength!

Erica
Old 01-08-21, 06:13 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

I’ve found that in Epic one one week may appear to be light on one body part like biceps but while doing legs she frequently holds the dumbbells up towards the shoulders basically in a curl so biceps are still being worked. Chest work may show up in tricep presses and push-ups. There’s always lots of push-ups.

Or another thing she does is the following week she will work the one body part that was light the previous week hard and go lighter on a different body part. Because of this I feel Epic really needs to be done as a complete rotation rather than picking and choosing workouts.

She also changes from week to week. One week may be splits and a Bodyweight full body. The next week will be triset full body, then the next a three day split. Two full body with dumbbells one bodyweight etc. Working hard always but not just repeating the same method each week.

When I completed Epic one it didn’t feel like anything was left out or overworked. I felt tired on the second to last day of that 10 week rotation and was glad it was nearly done. Other rotations I get that feeling halfway through rather than at the end. You could tell she spent a lot of time planning each week and also how each week worked with what was already done and what was coming to make sure it was even overall. At least that’s how it felt to me. I’m also enjoying Epic 2.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 06:45 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
I’ve found that in Epic one one week may appear to be light on one body part like biceps but while doing legs she frequently holds the dumbbells up towards the shoulders basically in a curl so biceps are still being worked. Chest work may show up in tricep presses and push-ups. There’s always lots of push-ups.

Or another thing she does is the following week she will work the one body part that was light the previous week hard and go lighter on a different body part. Because of this I feel Epic really needs to be done as a complete rotation rather than picking and choosing workouts.

She also changes from week to week. One week may be splits and a Bodyweight full body. The next week will be triset full body, then the next a three day split. Two full body with dumbbells one bodyweight etc. Working hard always but not just repeating the same method each week.

When I completed Epic one it didn’t feel like anything was left out or overworked. I felt tired on the second to last day of that 10 week rotation and was glad it was nearly done. Other rotations I get that feeling halfway through rather than at the end. You could tell she spent a lot of time planning each week and also how each week worked with what was already done and what was coming to make sure it was even overall. At least that’s how it felt to me. I’m also enjoying Epic 2.
Thank you! That makes a lot of sense.

Erica
Old 01-08-21, 08:09 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn R View Post
Thank you to all the people who recommended her on YouTube. I have burned out on cathe . I have done Cathe almost exclusively for 20 years and have been lackluster about doing any weight training for the last couple of years. I am looking forward again to weight training . She has so many workouts and so many innovative moves. She always looks so happy .

I am doing the epic two series now. Just avoiding any burpees and mountain climbers (bad back).

She is amazing

Jenn
Glad you are enjoying her. She is very good and quite a variety, including lots of other videos for those who aren't up to Epic. I discovered her in August and she had over 100K subs, now she is over 500K, her channel is booming for sure!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 10:04 AM  
TracyQ

I tacked on her her “20 minute glute workout with bands” after a Cathe Low Impact cardio workout today. Ouchie this one really burned, I hope I can walk tomorrow . My one complaint is there was no verbal queuing only hand signals. The hand signals worked better for the standing portion but it was a strain to see what she was doing from the floor.

Does anyone know if she queues all her workouts with hand signals.

Jenn—thank you for starting this thread. I’m looking forward to trying more of her workouts.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 10:48 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
Does anyone know if she queues all her workouts with hand signals.
Her very early videos she talks in, but all her recent ones she just talks in the introduction, then it's all visual cues.

Hope this helps.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caroline girvan