Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-23-21, 11:02 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol indeed..yay for Saturday. I mentioned the food tweak because it looks like it's helpful to me with my energy. I feel like I have to keep shifting things..never seems to be the same thing I need... probably due more to change in activity level.

Dana you know why I love the cold? Only because of the insect population..haha. oh ..and snakes! Otherwise, bring on the sun!

Donna what Jill Miller is your favorite? (I'm such a late to the game gal .) The latest I have done , Yogalink, are long but chock full of good stuff. However the Quickfixes are really more usable to me.

Christine so nice to read your post here. You were missed

Yesterday I had meant to do MA60 but my husband was in the Shred Shed so I did kettlebells so I could stop to help him. He has been butting in more often but I am doing what I can to encourage him. At first he only did a little, but now he's asking me what to do to work this or that and I have been showing him. I show him a few options and he picks what he can do and likes. I started to show him all I knew and he was like "I can't remember all this!" Haha. But him actually respecting what I have learned and not poking fun has been a LONG painful time coming.

Anywho, workout was Brooks Kettlebell Revelation warmup, strength 2 plus kettlebell incinerator warm-up as a cooldown; CS # 612 sculpting legs. Fun stuff!!

Waves to Brenda!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 03:45 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

No workout for me today. Instead, my dh and I have spent the day visiting our local shelters and PetSmart stores to see what cats are available for adoption. We're looking for an adult cat that's in need of a good home, loving parents and a warm bed.

We may have found the right cat but we didn't have a chance to interact with him today. The place was crowded. He is a 6-year-old tabby and he looked like he gave up hope that anyone would take him because he was an adult and wasn't a rambunctious, amusing kitten anymore. He was very laid back and that's exactly what we're looking for. We're going back there tomorrow and if we "click" with him then he'll be coming home with us. My dh and I are already feeling happier at the thought of sharing a home with another cat. Our house feels so empty now.

Waves to all! I'll give an update tomorrow.
Old 01-23-21, 04:11 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana I'm thrilled to read that!
Thank you for being willing to love another kitty that needs saving 💕

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 01-23-21, 05:53 PM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone,

FW: 10 Min Yoga Sculpt
10 Min Walk

Linda, thank you! That's so nice that your DH is working out with you!

Dana, awe that's great! Good luck meeting with your potential kitty tomorrow. I think it's wonderful to adopt an older one. I miss my little Dee so badly (her name was Marble, but Dee was her nickname ). We do have four other cats so the house has not been empty, but not at all the same without her.

Carol, I like that they're filmed outdoors too! I also like that the music has been lower and more subdued in the ones I have tried. I'm not really looking for fast and upbeat right now, more like peaceful hymns.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 09:25 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workouts were

Cathe - LITE: Strong Body Stacked Sets: Lower - Timesaver #3 - 24 minutes & Perfect 30: Extended Stretch - 8 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - 10 Minute Beginner Abs Workout - 10 minutes

Even though I've been doing the "timesaver" premixes, I have no doubt that I've been worked out - Cathe can pack a lot into a short amount of time.

This was my first time to do the Extended Stretch on the Perfect 30 series - I really liked it! It may be my favorite extended stretch yet of Cathe's. The only one of my favorite stretches that was missing was "thread the needle" - she did other shoulder stretches instead.

Yesterday was my first time to get my hair cut after my "breakup" with my hairdresser over his refusal to wear a mask. I went to the Great Clips shop down the street from me and they did just fine (and everyone had their mask on) - it took way less time and cost way less as well - neither of those things broke my heart. I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to hair, etc.

Dana - Very exciting news about a possible new addition to your family! Keep us updated!

Christine - Good job keeping at it with your workouts. I need to try out that 10 minute yoga one - I bet I would like it!

Linda - Good to hear that your DH is exercising and will ask for help. He must be one unusual male specimen if he will ask for help and then actually do what you suggest.

Waves to Donna, Brenda and Cheri.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 09:34 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I think I missed checking in yesterday, so, here's my check in for yesterday, and today, so far:

Saturday -

Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series Day 23 - this was a cardio & tone program.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Breath Day 12 - Drop - short and sweet

Sunday -

Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 24 - Cardio Plus Standing abs - it was six circuits of walking, low impact cardio, standing abs - each done for one minute.

Jessica Smith - Gentle Yoga Plus Pilates - Floor Routine - this was from her new DVD. While it wasn't "rough" it also wasn't totally gentle either. It is not for a Pilates or Yoga newbie. And, while not killer, it was definitely a solid intermediate workout for me. I enjoyed the scenery and the music and Jessica. I will have to do the standing series next time.

Oh my, I'm far behind....

Dana - I hope all works out well w/ getting a kitty. I keep looking at dog adoption sites. Don't ask me why - I have two large dogs - a Golden and a Lab - so having a third would be a lot, but i can't help myself from looking and I found an 8 year old Lab that I would love to adopt based on her description.

Carol - nice work and glad your hair cut went well. Now that mine is longer, I am thinking a Hair Cuttery would do just fine for me....my stylist isn't overly pricey but more than Hair Cuttery. they do all wear masks, though and they tend to limit the # of clients...so....

Christine - nice job keeping up w/ your workouts.. Of course now that you mention her, I'm missing Michelle...

Linda - I really like Jill Miller's Post Athletic Stretch program - it is a several short practices - I mainly use the runner's practice - even though I don't run. The stretches just are my favorite in that one! My DH doesn't listen to me about exercise or eating right - he tends to go all or nothing all the time....

It is a little warmer and less windy today - so hopefully DD and i can get our walk in. We skipped yesterday due to the cold and wind.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 10:31 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Cathe LITE Cardio Party - 39min

Carol, you inspired me to pull out LITE set again. I think I've only done other workouts from this set and should really go through them all because I like LITE. Cardio Party was fun. I may add something else later depending on how my day goes.

We're going to see our new potential family member at noon. I'll keep everyone posted.

Hi to all!
Old 01-24-21, 02:53 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Great news! We have a new family member! He is a 6-year-old gorgeous brown tabby named Oliver. He's got a great personality and he's confident without being overbearing. The minute we brought him home, he was out of the kennel and was off exploring his new home. That's no small feat since we have 4 floors in our house. He enjoyed his treats and food and had used the litter box. He's very friendly and laid back - just what we wanted. We hope that he continues doing well going forward.
Old 01-24-21, 04:48 PM  
donnamp

Congratulations, Dana!! Looking forward to seeing a photo of Oliver!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 07:23 PM  
fanofladyvols

Yay!! Welcome Home, Oliver!!
You hit the jackpot in new human friends!!

Congrats to the whole household!