Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-19-21, 03:50 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Today, I did Cathe's SuperSets. Yesterday was a 4 mile Leslie walk. According to my Fitbit, it was actually a bit less than 3 miles....but whatever!

PP- I often have those days when no workout will sit well with me. But, like SB said, at least your moving.

SB- I hope you had another good visit with your sister.
Old 01-20-21, 09:57 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

22 minute outdoor walk
140 kettlebell swings

I walked to the CVS up the street and back but there's a pretty big hill to get there so that got my heartrate up. I made up for the short walk by going nuts with the swings after dinner. LOL. I am planning a walk and maybe more today.

NORA, nice Cathe workout and Leslie too.
No outdoor walk? Is the weather too cold or snowy? We had a light dusting of snow this morning but the sun's out already.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-21, 08:38 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

Winsor Bun & Thigh Sculpting
20 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings

Felt good to get my old reliable Winsor B&T in there yesterday. I am planning a walk today and hopefully more.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 01-22-21, 08:34 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

34 minute outdoor walk

I am planning another walk today and maybe more.

The hits just keep on coming! DD has shingles. The doctor said stress can bring it on. Agh. It doesn't seem to be too bad so far *knock wood*. Hope it stays that way.

Stay well everyone!
Old 01-22-21, 04:58 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Hi everyone. Today I went for a walk. Yesterday, I did a step workout with Gay Gaspar. SB- It hasn't really been that cold for outdoor walking. It's more the icy conditions on my road that make me work out indoors.

Shingles! Oh no. I hope she is not suffering too much. Some say that stress can bring it on, but I think that also (completely unqualified opinion) some people are just more prone to it genetically. I base that on the fact that both of my kids have had it and so have I. Get your shingrex shot!
Old 01-22-21, 07:44 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I don't dislike Pahla B but there are a lot of other people I'd rather do. I did a lot of her workouts there for a while, and just got tired of her. She does talk a lot and I don't like the same warmup over and over. Glad you got to spend some time with your sis. Sorry to hear about the shingles! I tend to think of that as an "old person's" thing. I hope it is a light case, I've heard a lot of horror stories.

Nora, interesting about the fitbit discrepancy. I agree that some people are just more prone to things than others. Good job on your workout variety!

I started with Johanna Soh. She's never going to be a favorite but she has a lot of workouts, especially walking. This one was FB Walking Waistline Challenge, a lot of moves with corework, repeated, I might add!

then I moved on to Fitness with Cindy, I started with Intro to Cumbia, Cumbia Dance workout, Fun and Energizing Cumbia workout, Zumba Salsa for Beginners, Bachata for Beginners, and Zumba Bachata Dance workout. This sounds like a LOT but each of the Cindy workouts were between 4-5min each.

Our weekend was pretty boring. Hubby couldn't fix one of his Mom's 3 cars {her and 2 daughters, all 3 are broken at once} so we are going to buy a 'new' 2004 one and give her the old 2002 one. So my parents came over to our house, dad dropped Mom off with me and they went to friend's house to fix car. the got it fixed but it took between 10-4pm. Mom and i talked for a while then watched Hallmark Christmas movies. The next day we all went to a dealership to look at a used car. Lot of sitting around for Mom {we ran out of things to say yesterday} and I then I went on the test drive where the car broke down, more sitting. We didn't buy it ha ha! Thursday I got to do some shopping, including fabric for a baby quilt and much needed groceries! I bought a new iron, but it turned out to be broken so we will try to return it next weekend. sigh.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 10:33 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

100 kettlebell swings

That was about all I could muster. No motivation. A lot of worrying. Not sure if I'll walk today, it's supposed to be in the 20s but it is sunny so maybe I'll go for it.

So far DD says the pain comes and goes, not too bad *knock wood*. I hope it stays that way. I can't get shingles, I never had chickenpox. But apparently I can catch the chickenpox from her shingles. So more knocking on wood.

NORA, yeah be careful on the ice. Better off indoors.

PENGUIN, looks like you found some decent workouts. Good luck with all the car issues.

Have a good day!
Old 01-23-21, 07:29 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, its very rare to find someone that hasn't had chicken pox. interesting that you can get it from DD's shingles. I didn't know that. Its supposed to rain for the next few days but clear up for most of our weekend.

I've been getting a little bored of barre workouts. The short ones I can find are very similar, so I thought I'd try standing pilates. I looked at a few YT workouts on my phone and picked Gymra's Standing Pilates for Ab Core Glutes and Legs. it looked good but once I started it I thought it was very barre, then she said it was Barre inspired. Gah! i can't get away from barre! it was hard but in a different way. More leg lifts and less squats. Will try pilates again next Saturday.

Then I tried AfriFitness again. I started with Toned Legs and Butt, moved to Burn! Leg toning workout and finished with Tone Your Booty! So, yes, my legs are worn out!!!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 09:28 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

34 minute outdoor walk
60 kettlebell swings

It was cold and windy yesterday but I just needed some fresh air and sunshine.
Today looks to be the same but I still plan on walking later.

PENGUIN, nice job working those legs.
My DS never had chicken pox either.
We can't remember if he had the vaccine or not so he's going to check when he goes for his physical.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
Old 01-24-21, 06:14 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

PP- Last weekend sounded pretty miserable for you with all the car trouble, but this one looks better! When I read your posts, it makes me feel like I should really get more organized for youtube.

SB- I'm glad DD is not in too much pain. Shingles is no joke!

Yesterday: A dance workout Petra Kolber and a 15 minute weight thing from the Gay Gaspar DVD that I did the day before.
Today: Stepletics Amy Bento and a enough of a Leslie walk to get my calorie burn where I wanted it. I gained a few Xmas pounds that I'm trying to shed! Blech.