Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-28-20, 12:03 PM  
AnMrsDe

Arrow Just The Workouts ~JANUARY 2021~*Everyone Welcomed!*

JANUARY 2021 Here's to a brand new year with lots of HOPE!! Join us to reach your goals in 2021!

GOALS: Keeping up daily meditations and taking at least 1 complete rest day a week. Continuing on with Les Mills On Demand, Cathe Live, Yvette Fit, Heather, etc. and Inner Dimensions/Yoga/PT work for hips.

1 - Meditation; Yvette Fit #84 60 Minute Cardio Step, Bicep, Back & Core Circuits followed by Inner Dimensions (Discipline - 58 min., skipping 8 min. of the w/u). Really liked Yvette's class! Very fun step cardio with bicep and back work. During the second half, I did tricep work in place of the bicep work. But at the end, there was a crazy, BURN OUT FRENZY for the biceps & back. Yowsa....she just kept going and going...
Travis' class was ok...I like some of his other classes more so that don't have so much Downward Dog time and my wrists were feeling it. This class is from his new series "Transform" on IDT. Ended w/ a 686 calorie burn!
2 - Meditation; LM Body Pump #112 (45 min.); LM Body Combat #77 (30 min.); Shovel Max (Icy Mix Premix-75 min.) Pump was fun and since I worked bi's and back yesterday, I wore my 16# vest for the legs tracks and did legs in place of the bicep work. I did curtsy lunges using my topper via Yvette and Cathe. Music is great in this one! Body Combat was SUPER FUN and might even be one of my favorite BC's!! Such great music and just a party with Dan & Rach, and Reagan is now becoming a favorite instructor as well. I might have a little crush on him...shh! :0) I'll have to check out the 45 min. and 55 min. versions of this workout too. Shovel Max was mostly scraping the 2" of snow off the ice underneath. Quite the workout, cause I try to get as much ice off the driveway in the process. Everything is just beautiful w/ the snow/ice on the trees, etc., but I'm worried about the power staying on...we're not out of the woods yet!
3 - Meditation+; Rest day Winsor Buns & Thighs Going to include B&T again once a week, as I got away from doing this regularly since April '20?!!!

4 - Meditation+ (30 min. - something I'm adding in January and will post when it ends); Cathe Live Metabolic Meltdown #154; Yvette Fit #1 30 Min Shoulders & Abs Workout; Yin Yoga This CL is just a no dread workout for me...I matched Cathe today and didn't go heavier very often as my body is achey lately. It still was a great fat burner according to my HRM! Oh, and can I just say, I was enjoying seeing her class behind her!! Yvette's class was a great finisher for shoulders and core...knowing I was going to add this on, I skipped Cathe's p/u/sit-up frenzy...At least I'm admitting it! :0) There was plenty of sit ups/planks in Y’s workout!//The temperature has been above freezing here, so no worries for the power going out, but nothing is melting either...my driveway is an ice skating rink (cause I cleaned off the snow so well! That might have been a mistake...I can’t get any traction)! Lol
5 - Meditation+; Debbie Sieber's Total Body Solutions (lower back); Cathe P30 (Mobility); Michelle's Yin Yoga (listening to HR's music); Scraping Mix (15 min.) I'm experiencing some hip pain again (boo!) so will try and focus more on mobility and stretching. I think all the step workouts (as well as overuse moves) lately have been taking their toll. :/ My driveway is now ice-free thanks in addition to the today...it didn't stay out long enough, though.
6 - Meditation+; Cathe X-10 (w/u; Low Impact); Heather Robertson Low Impact & Strength Workout (36 min.); YT Yoga For Hip Flexibility/Hip Opening Stretches for Tight Hips (Yoga w/ Bird 14 min.) I LOVED Heather's workout! There really isn't much cardio in this but exercises with a cardio effect mostly and those using weights. There are 3 circuits (1 UB, 1 LB & 1 core focused) circuits done interval style @ :45/:15 format w/ 2 rounds each. I used 5's, 12's, 15's, and 20; I could go heavier next time now that I know which exercises she does. At times, I was speeding up the pace and doing more reps for a few circuits - I won't be if I use heavier weights next time. For the fast punches, I used my weights intended for my weighted vest...next best thing to egg weights! During the curtsy lunges I noticed my hip pain, so probably the pain may be due to the curtsy lunges w/ my weighted vest during LM Pump the other day. :/ I'm going to let my vest get dusty once again. The hip stretch was nice - I was searching YT for hip stretches and found this one. I followed along with my own music. Ended with a 322 cal burn with more time than I would've thought in the Fat Burning zone. Cool!
7 - Meditation+; LM Body Combat #77 (55 min.); stretch What a blast the 55 min. class is!! Especially that Muai Thai track (which is omitted in the 30 min. version) and its' empowering music. So much fun!! I used my weights for my wtd. vest again instead of weighted gloves...worked great and I think my hands even feel better, (like that apparatus they have to squeeze to strengthen your hands)! I guess I'm squeezing them to keep them in my palm. Very interesting....I may have to use them more. I did change up the abs track and did planks instead of all the crunches...I'm getting tired of all the crunches lately. This class is favorited - super fun!! 306 cal burn
8 - Meditation+; KCM 30 MTF Strong & Lean (Strong & Lean Intervals premix=55 min.); stretch I really like this premix as it's a good total body workout using weights, BB, and the band. I just used DB's and two bands...my black one and red one for shoulder work. The boxing cardio is just ok, but great when wanting light cardio mixed in. I used my weighted vest weights again for weighted gloves. I got a good total body workout today--not killer but taking it easier for my hip.
9 - Meditation+; IDT (Focus - from the Transform series; Lauren; 60 Min.) A FABULOUS class and one of the BEST on this site! It has a beautiful flow with lots of balance work throughout which includes a sequence of balancing variations on one foot that is awesome! I favor these flowier ones, for sure! Favorited with 4 hearts!!
10- Meditation+; Rest day Winsor Buns & Thighs; Michelle's Yin Yoga

RECOVERY WEEK

11- Meditation+; Michelle's Yin Yoga
12- Meditation+;Rest day (early hair appt)
13- Meditation+; Cathe's ICE Metabolic Total Body; hip stretches This felt good to move! I matched Cathe's weights today and kept it really easy for my hips.
14- Meditation+; X-10 (w/u); YT Fitness with PJ (Lower Body Strength Workout w/ DB's for Women Over 40); Clam variations; Michelle's Yin Yoga Reading about this site in the GD, I decided to try PJ...I really liked her personality and her slower and controlled moves with her attention to form. I was glad I included an add'l w/u as she starts those FW walks right out of the gate and I'm sure my hips were glad for the extra w/u. This was a great lower body and hip strengthener -- what would've made it REALLY good for my hip issues would have been to include clam variations (which I did at the end, as well as my hip stretches). She doesn't use any music and I'm glad to use my own...nothing worse than liking a workout that has crappy music. I could've done without all the dog talk and attention, though! My hip is still feeling painful...I know it took awhile to feel better last time it was giving me fits but think the rest time has helped. I may have to keep taking it easy for awhile.
15- Meditation+; Fitness with PJ (20 Min. Arm Workout; Quick HiiT Cardio workout @ Home (sans 3 min. w/u=17 min.); Stretching & Mobility Workout=18 min. Her arm workout worked triceps, chest, biceps, and back with a fabulous tricep burnout at the end. Loved all the tricep focus!! I can't remember much now about her cardio workout, but was a short HiiT workout to get me going. Her Mobility workout was a good one for shoulders, neck, spine & hips. Felt great!
16- Meditation+; Fitness with PJ (Cardio & Strength Workout-All Levels=45 min.); Michelle's Yin Yoga and other stretches I did my own w/u (her w/u's are not enough for me), and this w/o works mostly back & chest and some are core focused. It's has a circuit format with a couple cardio exercises followed by a couple strength exercises. I used 12#'s for all. It was easy to start the move early once I knew what she was doing and sometimes I got in 5-10 extra reps! I liked this workout - there was an echo in the room with no music (filmed at her house) but I played my own music which helps. Loved how she included mobility exercises in the last round to stretch me out.
17- Meditation+ Rest day

18- Meditation+; X-10 (w/u); Body Beast (Arms); Fitness with PJ (Chisel Club Cardio - sans w/u=30 min.); Michelle's Yin Yoga Beast felt so great today to get in some heavier weights!!! Had a great workout (as usual) then decided to do PJ's scheduled workout. I liked this one too. It is filmed at a gym (I'm assuming where she is a personal trainer) with one other person. I only had to modify a couple of the exercises for my hips so that was good and took up the intensity (or adding add'l reps) where I could. These are all standing and floor bodyweight exercises so there is the up/down factor which I like to complain about but really, this gives me practice getting up off the floor. ;0) She doesn't use any equipment but I did use a 10# weight for the side lunges. I am finding I can relate to PJ and really appreciate her focus on form and pace. Glad I found her to help me take things easier! It felt SOO good to sweat today!! 349 cal burn
19- Meditation+; Five Parks Yoga Twist & Tone Your Core Yoga Class; Winsor Buns & Thighs; Michelle's Yin Yoga This class was awesome and felt wonderful for my hips while working core so well. It had a boat variation sequence that seemed to go on forever! Erin gets the prize for having THE most calming and relaxing voice for yoga. I bet she'd be great for meditations. Love her and missed her.
20- Meditation+; Rest day Had a bad headache and was really achey all day. Today (21st) is much better.
21- Meditation+; Fitness with PJ (40 Min. Total Body Strength); (25 Min. Workout with Weights (no w/u=20 min.); Cathe's Lean Legs & Abs (Chair/Firewalker segments); Cathe's Flex Train (Firewalker segment); extra stretches PJ's first workout was ok...I liked it and will be easy to increase weights next time. It is 3 rounds of UB & LB exercises (some isolated and combined) and last round is core work. I left my ankle weights on during the core exercises which made a difference! She had me cracking up during one of the floor exercises...she is so goofy! Her 25 min. workout I truly LOVED! It's my favorite workout of hers so far. It's 3 rounds with a :40/:20 format using a booty band above the knees. I got to use my new material one I purchased recently. Worked great and is so much more comfortable/stays put so much better than the latex ones! This workout works shoulders (bi's indirectly), chest (tris indirectly), legs, back and includes hip thrusts. I used 15's, 20's, and 30#; I was huffing and puffing during this workout! This is one of her newer classes so I am going to ditch her 21 day plan workouts and look into more of these. She also added a timer in the corner which I loved to see! Great workout today for hip strengthening!! 462 cal burn
22- Meditation+; X-10 (w/u); PJ Quick Cardio EMOM w/o (sans w/u=16 min.); IDT Level Up (Strength-8 min.--too painful for hands/wrist, so Joni O'd); Five Parks Yoga (Inviting Peace & Compassion Yoga Class - 38 min.) PJ's HiiT-like workout was a great quick cardio fix before yoga. Erin's class was really nice and didn't have too many chats/vinyasas for my hands which were really achey today.
23- Meditation+; LM Body Combat United (minus core/stretch=45 min.); PHA3 (Extended Lying Stretch); Perfect Flow (Mobility - floor stretches only) LOVE BC United so much!!! There was only maybe one track that my hips found a little iffy, but I just modified the LB move somewhat. What made it even more wonderful is that I got a replacement strap/sensor for my HRM and now it works!!! Every so often I looked to see what my HR was....yes, that is what it SHOULD be, LOL! The music in this one really is so motivating..."Putcha putcha hands up!" (King of the Party remix) LOVE IT!! 379 cal burn + stretches :0)
24- Meditation+; Rest day

25- Meditation+; Cathe Strong & Sweaty PHA (Mish Mosh Premix #2=43 min.); PJ (Ab Finisher=10 min.); PJ (After Workout Stretches= 12 min.) I was going to do S&S Bootcamp but didn't actually want to jump around today so did this Mish Mosh premix. I loved it! It scrambled the exercises around and seemed like a new workout to me. Keeping the weights light for my LB, I used only 12's and 15's for all. I used one riser for the step ups and (shallow) curtsy lunges but I would bring my knee into my core while keeping my hip happy. I really need to scout out the premixes more of certain workouts! This felt great today. I liked PJ's ab workout and loved her stretch as she held the stretches longer than usual. It has good psoas stretches and even some mobility stretches. Mostly all for LB though but great for my hip. I bookmarked it! 405 cal burn
26- Meditation; Heather Robertson Low Impact No Repeats HiiT w/o//No Equipment (38 min.); Winsor Buns & Thighs; PJ's After Workout Stretches; 20 min. Scraping Mix Heather's workout was enjoyable and sailed right by! It is a mish mosh of her other classes and has a :40/:20 format with no impact but it was a big fat burner! I made sure I counted the reps on each side. Changed up a couple of the exercises to keep knees/hips happy. That wall squat toward the end really burned out my quads for the last 2 exercises. I think I like her other No Repeat HiiT workout Total Body MashUp a little more but that one is not low impact. I played her music while I did Buns & Thighs & PJ's stretch. :0) We got maybe 2" of snow overnight/during the day and was fluffy to scrape off driveway. I scraped what accumulated after DH snow blowed this morning. 329 cal burn
27- Meditation; Cathe Live Low Impact Cardio Muscle Live #292 (49 min.); Butts & Guts (Firewalker Band segment 2x using my heavy FW band above my knees); Extra stretch; 20 min. Scraping Mix @ parents Revisiting this Live, I had a blast! It is a super cardio muscle conditioning class that is lower impact with core work at the end. I loved the wtd. combination exercises as some of those really got my HR up there! I muse that if Cathe didn't take so many water breaks, we would've been done in 40 min., LOL! Gotta love that woman...she is such an inspiration!!! My legs are really feeling those FW band moves now (several hours later). My heavy band is some strong material...I barely could get it up over my calves but managed to inch it up over my knees. Ouchie! I definitely needed a stretch after that. It was nice to do a Live today (with or without the class) ...366 cal burn
28- Meditation; Yvette Fit #27 60 Min Cardio Kickboxing-Moderate Impact; Cathe Mobility (floor stretches) Yvette's class was so fun and felt SOOO good to work out with her again!!! Very doable class for my hip issue - only had to modify one move. I used my weights from my wtd. vest instead of weighted gloves, 5# weights, and my red & green tubing. Favorited as a moderate impact class that still had a great calorie burn - 426 cal (after the mobility class). So nice to see my HRM working again!
29- Meditation; Heather Robertson Total Body Workout//Upper & Lower Body Exercises (34 min.); Heather Robertson Booty HiiT Workout (17 min.); Michelle's Yin Yoga OMG, what a FUN and FANTASTIC COMBO today!! Loved BOTH of these workouts and they just sailed by! My HR was up for almost the whole total body workout of the 2 circuits with UB & LB weighted exercises followed by a cardio and core exercise. LOVE! I used a range of my 1# weight packs for the shadow boxing to my 30# for the LB work. If you use heavy enough weight, your HR will be soaring! There is very little rest times with a :40/:10 format with awesome music in this one too! Her Booty HiiT workout will now be a staple in my weeks of PT for my hips. LOVED it for some wonderful hip/booty strengtheners...rates right up there with her Brutal Booty & Leg Slimming w/o! It uses a medium wide booty band around your thighs...for a couple exercises she lowers to ankles but I kept mine up over my knees the whole time and includes some FW walks in a squat..so glad she includes these! It has a :30/:10 format and 2 circuits of same exercises but there's so many different ones that it didn't seem repetitive at all to me. An awesome finisher after the total body workout since this one has no w/u or c/d. So glad I found these two published in '19 & '20!! Stretched it out with Michelle's Yin Yoga to HR's music. Feeling so incredible right now! :0) 344 total cal burn
30- Meditation; Cathe Perfect 30 (Basic Premix #7 - Upper Body/Upper Body Bonus/Extended Stretch; 1.10 miles on TM w/ 8 incline Great premix today to get in/get out. Thought I'd walk on TM while watching Prime. Did the stretch afterward.
31- Meditation; Rest day

Some random notes: My hip is doing better but I'm going to still incorporate the PT work next month as well. I did adhere to the meditation/rest day goal this month.//I've got SO much accomplished this month around my house: Cleaned the kitchen cabinets/island inside/polished outside; cleaned the back splash; cleaned the refrigerator/freezer; defrosted my deep freezer; cleaned the linen cabinets; cleaned the grout in all the tiled floors (this was a MAJOR accomplishment, as my hands and knees hate this task!); started getting my recipes organized in my cute, little recipe organizer from Hobby Lobby! Also got a few bags ready for Good Will. Still need to get to some closets yet.... This was major since I usually get out my puzzles in January and don't get much else accomplished!! I'm trying to delay the puzzle enjoyment until I have a major dent in my "to do" list, LOL!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 12:34 PM  
Luv2WO

Yay!!! Time for a new start!

Melissa Wood Health = MWH

1. MWH 45 Min Full Body Yoga Pilates Flow, Essentrics PM Stretch
2. MWH 36 Min Full Body with Side of Yoga and 14 Min Power Core
3. MWH 16 Min Quick Full Body Power Flow using 1lb. Weights, 10 Min Arms with 1lb. Weights, CS Express Energy Boost with Miranda
4. MWH 22 Abs + Arms and 12 Min Booty Focused Flow, PBL Spring Into Summer Standing Routine and New You Butt Lifter
5. MWH 24 Min Challenging Beginner Friendly Flow, Essentrics Hip Stretch, TBL Pilates Strong - Pilates for Posture
6. MWH 8 Min Arms w/ 1lb. Weights, 15 min Power Abs using Your Own Body Weight, TBL Stretch and Release
7. Ballet Beautiful Mat Blast, Inner Thigh Toning, Outer Thigh Blaster
8. Ballet Beautiful - Butt Blast 1, 15 Minute Abs, Ballet Arm and Back Strengthener, Inner Thigh Blast
9. Ballet Beautiful - Hip and Thigh workout, Bikini Workout Ab Blast, Classic Swan Arms
10. Essentrics - Meg workout for 30's.
11. Ballet Beautiful Prima Series: Full Body Burn, Barre Burn Legs and Butt, 5 Min. Plie and Ballet Abs, Leslie 30 min walk (YouTube)
12. Ballet Beautiful - Backstage Abs, Inner and Outer Thighs, Fashion Arms, Leslie 30 min walk (YouTube), TBL Back and Hip Release
13. TBL Time Crunch Workout, BTTM Arms and Abs, Essentrics Live workout with Amanda, BB Hip Stretch
14. TBL Full Body Fitness, Pilates with Weights, PBL Stress Free Stretch Routine
15. PBL Fit and Focused Leg Workout, New You Strong Abs, Amazing Arms: Shoulder Sculpt, New You Stretch with Band
16. PBL Fit and Focused Arm workout, Spring Into Summer Core with More, New You Side Lying Legs, 45 min walk
17. Barre3 Lean, PBL Strong and Defined Core Workout
18. Barre3 Length, PBL May Makeover Core, Fit and Focused Legs
19. Essentrics Meg workout for 30's, PBL Alaskan Triple A workout, New You Arm Shaper
20. Barre3 Lift, PBL Fast and Firm Lower Body
21. Barre3 30 minutes Runner's Workout, 15 minute walk
22. Barre3 Studio Shape Workout - 60 min
23. Essentrics Live workout with Amanda
24. Into the Gloss Perfect Morning Pilates Routine and Leg/Butt workout, PBL Ultimate Flexibility Complete Body
25. Barre3 Burner, Pilates Nest Day 1 Retreat Posture, 15 Min Leslie Happy Walk (YouTube), PBL Bend and Flex with the Band
26. Barre3 Standing Slim, PBL Power Up Your Powerhouse, Fit and Focused Leg Workout
27. PBL Fit and Focused Complete Body, Graceful Flow Stretching Routine, Butt Blaster, Essentrics 10 min Leg Toning
28. PBL Fit and Focused Core, Instant Butt Lift, Upper Back Stretch Routine, Essentrics SIM Shoulders and Hamstrings Stretch
29. Essentrics Class of 2012
30. Essentrics 20's workout with Gail, 10 min abs with Gail, 20 minute walk
31. Barre3 Ballet Fit, 15 min walk
Luv2WO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 12:44 PM  
T2B

Still working that core... more Body Beast

january 2021...

2020 Wrap Up
278 Workout Days
$1 per workout challenge - $614

1. Happy New Year!!!BUILD: Shoulders + Brazilian Body (w/u & Maculele) + QI GONG 30 Day Challenge - Day 1 P.M. Yv2: RIO + SS. Mixture of snow/freezing rain/and then mostly rain.
2. Wildcard Day: TAE BO: Ultimate Tae Bo + 10 MS Pilates on the Ball - Abs + QI GONG: Day 2. P.M. Yv2: RIO

BODY BEAST LEAN BEAST: Block 1 BUILD - Week 3

3. RWH: Low Impact HiiT One + BUILD: Chest/Tris + LH QI GONG: Day 3. Dusting of snow last night. P.M. Yv2: WISI
4. KEONI: Reps to The Rhythm #23, 18 mins + BUILD: Legs + LH QI GONG: Day 4. Skipped the calf work, used my 8# weighted vest. The Reps to Rhythm was posted 2 days ago. I enjoyed it, too new to have any ads.
5. ...recovery day,,, Lean Legs & Abs - Abs Only, 10mins + LH QI GONG: Day 5. Loving QI Gong again.
6. KEONI: Reps to the Rhythm #7 (10mins) + RUTHLESS: Lunatic Intervals + BUILD: Back/Bi’s + LH QI GONG: Day 6. Keoni was a pre-warm-up to Ruthless. Skipped the tubing exercises in Back/Bi so workout time was about 43 mins vs 50 mins. P.M. KEONI: Fast Paced 5000 Steps #24 (40mins). Yeah, no ads, except at the beginning and I let those play while I’m putting on my shoes. Some of those ads are interesting in a crazy, “I can’t believe you’re trying to sell me that bs”, way.
7. BEAST: Cardio + RUTHLESS: Rip 10s + XTRAIN Core #1 + LH GI GONG: Day 7. Rip 10 was interesting. By the time you’re done, you’ve done 770 reps. 11 exercises, 1 x 10, next 1 + 2 x 10, 1 + 2 + 3 x10 reps each exercise until you go through all 11 exercises, and I think he did the 11th circuit twice. Loved this, although I lost track of which circuit we were on by the end. Lots of core work in these workouts. Love that there is a music off option and that I could play my own music to get through it. This was my first time doing XTrain Core. I liked it a lot. I have lots of Cathe ab work to work my way through since I think I stopped doing focused core work after the Intensity Series came out.
8. PERFECT 30: Low Impact HiiT + BUILD: Shoulders + LH QI GONG: Day 8. P.M. Yv2: RIO
9. Wildcard Day!!! XTRAIN Core # 2 + CATHE LIVE: Warrior Kickboxing, 32mins + ZUMBA EXHILARATE: Toning, 30mins + LH QI GONG: Day 9. Started out with abs, oh boy, not sure I’ll start with abs again. This one is crunch city. Stopped Warrior Kickboxing because I didn’t have the energy for it. Wanted to do something else so decided to do the one workout in the Zumba Exhilarate system that I hadn’t done. I liked it a lot.

BODY BEAST LEAN BEAST: - Block 1 BUILD - Week 4

10. RUTHLESS: Hardcore Circuits + BUILD: Chest/Tri’s + LH QI GONG: Day 10 + Yv2: SS. Took a long nap yesterday, still got my 8 hours of sleep and have lots of energy today. Skipped the Giant Set in Chest/Tris. Hardcore Circuit is 3 circuits of. 3 exercises, each circuit done twice. Each exercise done for 1 minute each, no rest between circuits. I’m also counting Hardcore Circuit as my core work today because each round has at least 1 to 2 core exercises. P.M. Yv2: MYB
11. BUILD: Legs + LH QI GONG - Day -11. So glad to be done with BUILD Legs for at least 5 weeks. I sweat like crazy, so challenging.
12. RUTHLESS: Pure Willpower + BUILD: Back/Bi’s + Flex Train: Core/Abs + LH QI GONG: Day 12. Pure Willpower is wicked. Definitely took pure willpower to get through some of it. Each exercise is laddered until you get to 10 reps. So 1 rep, pause 2 reps, pause, 3 reps, pause, on and on until you do 10 reps. You end up doing 55 reps per exercise. The push up to row just felt never ending. It was done in a way that seemed harder for the crew. I did it in a way that made more sense to me, still challenging though. Last Build Back/Bi for at least 5 weeks. I skipped the Superset exercises (pullovers/tubing pull ups) this time. Almost wimped out of the core work but glad I pushed on. I vaguely remember doing FT core a time or two. Liked it a lot. P.M. Yv2: WISI
13. ... recovery day... KEONI: Disco Walk #25 (16mins) + XTRAIN: Core 1 + LH QI GONG: Day 13 + KEONI: Disco Walk #25. Had so much fun with Disco Walk that I had to do it again.
14. BEAST: Cardio + RUTHLESS: Wicked Lower Body + LH QI GONG: Day 14
15. RUTHLESS: Hardcore Abs & Arms + BUILD: Shoulders, 24mins + Yv2: RIO + LH QI GONG: Day 15. Skipped the lateral raises/upright rows & shrugs in Shoulders. Snow off and on today but not sticking. P.M. Yv2: SS
16. Wildcard Day: LITE: Metabolic Blast + ZUMBA: Crazy Country + LH QI GONG: Day 16. I continued to do ab exercises during Cathe’s upper body floor exercises, didn’t want to do any more upper body since I will be starting the Bulk phase of Beast tomorrow. Down 26#’s. Mid-Morning: Yv2: MYB. Evening: Yv2: WISI.

BODY BEAST LEAN BEAST: Block 2 BULK - Week 5

17. KEONI: Pop 1 Mile Power Walk, 17mins + BULK: Chest, 30mins + KEONI: Pop 1 Mile Power Walk, 17mins + RUTHLESS: Core & Flex, 20 mins + LH QI GONG: Day 18. Awesome workouts, Keoni’s newest is as fun as ever, had to do it twice. Really digging the Chest work but my forearms were singing. Loving Ruthless, too, which is about the perfect series to pair with Body Beast.
18. MLK Day! BULK: Legs + ZUMBA: Rush + LH QI GONG: Day 18. P.M. Yv2: RIO + Yv2: SS. I bought the Jumpsport Rebounder that was linked in Bargain Watch. Instructions on putting it together could have been better. It wasn’t until I zoomed in on the picture on their website that I realized what I needed to do to get those cords attached to the rebounder. This is way better than my noisy spring rebounder that has been collecting dust forever. The old one is going into the trash bin as soon as I figure out how to fold it in half so that it fits in my trash bin!.
19. RUTHLESS: Killer 100s + BULK: Arms + Lean Legs & Abs: Core + LH GI GONG: Day 19
20. Inauguration Day! recovery day... LH QI GONG: Day 20
21. RUTHLESS: Fast|Slow Burn Circuit +BEAST: Cardio + KEONI: R|R Hiit Walk Dance + LH: QI GONG: Day 21. Everything was FIRE today! The new Keoni is awesome with great music! I may do it again this afternoon. Also I was going to sub in a new cardio for Beast Cardio but I’m still enjoying doing the workout with the boys! The same comments/actions hit my funny bone every time.
22. RUTHLESS: Drip + BULK: Back + XTRAIN: Core 2 + LH QI GONG: Day 22. Another great workout day! XTrain Core 2 is not a favorite, too many crunches, but I’m sure a necessary evil in order to have a well rounded core. All these extra core workouts are paying off, everything is easier. And... I’m starting to really enjoy the challenge. P.M. Yv2: MYB
23. PERFECT 30: High Impact Hiit + BULK: Shoulders + LH QI GONG: Day 23. Official weigh in day (although I weigh myself every day, 2 & 3 times a day, well every time I use the master BR, lol). Anyway down another 2 pounds for a total of 28#’s. Yeah me! Noon: Yv2: WISI
24....recovery day...Recovery day of a sort. I’m changing my recovery days to Sunday and I want to focus on flexibility and sleeping in. Tramp It#12, 22 mins + KEONI: 1 Mile Pop Walk, 17mins + XTRAIN: Core #1 + P30: Yoga Flow Strength & Flexibility Timesaver, 20 mins + LH: QI GONG: Day 24. When I opened YT this morning Tramp It # 12 was there so decided to give it a try. It was fun, with great music. Been searching for a video that talks about form a little but no luck so far. First time doing Yoga Flow Strength & Flexibility and was surprised that I loved it. Loved the flowing warm up and the music. When done, I fast forwarded through the full workout to see what I missed by doing the timesaver, looks like warrior lunges, down dog with 1 leg up, and something else, but looks doable for next time. Finished with QI Gong. Love!

BODY BEAST LEAN BEAST - Block 2 BULK - Week 6

25. P30: Low Impact Hiit + BULK: Chest (skipped Progressive Sets) + Yv2: RIO + LH QI GONG: Day 25
26. BULK: Legs + LH QI GONG: Day 26. Realized this morning that I was tired so no extra cardio or core workouts this week. Work is super busy. We have someone out with COVID so now I have to do the work of 3 people. Normal job is doing the work of 2 people. Ugh!
27. BULK: Arms + LH QI GONG: Day 27
28. recovery day... LH QI GONG: Day 28 . Skipped Beast Cardio today, I’m sure the Beast Bro Dudes won’t show up at my door. We got our first big snow yesterday, about 1 inch, maybe a little over. The sun melted the snow from my driveway today so no shoveling. Yeah!
29. BULK: Back + LH QI GONG: Day 29
30. X10: Low Impact + BULK: Shoulders + LH QI GONG: Day 30. P.M. Yv2: RIO + Yv2: SS
31. PERFECT FLOW: Timesaver Yoga Strength & Flexibility + Mobility Basics Timesaver#1, 33mins + BODY GROOVE: HIIT One - Workout 1, 22mins + LH QI GONG: Longevity (shorter version). The full Longevity workout is 34 minutes, the shorter version is 19 minutes. I enjoyed it. Also loved the Perfect Flow Timesaver version that I did. I was sweating when I was done. Love that Cathe only does 2 sun salutations. I really dislike sun salutations when they go on and on. What I like about Perfect Flow is that it is more flowy compared to other Cathe yoga workouts that I never do. Jury is still out on Body Groove. I didn’t like the downtime while Heather explained before starting the new song. I kept moving but I don’t know. These are not bad workouts, I just have to be in the right frame of mind to do them. Never say never. Also, I thought Heather was Misti until recently, that is, until I actually looked at the DVD covers. I like Heather. & Misti. Note to self: no more impulse buys. Dang, ever had one of those nights when you go to bed, sleep hard and wake up thinking it’s 6 to 8 hours later? That’s me, I thought it was time to get up and it was only 2 hours later. What’s up with that? Went back to bed but it felt like I had been sleeping for hours.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 12:48 PM  
fanofladyvols

So ready to kick the 2020 dust off my shoes!!

January
1. JS total stretch deep stretch and Beach pilates plus tai chi with Carol; then JS high energy walk with Vantreesta
2. Kettlebell cardio/core
3. Youtube Marcus Martinez beginner workout, Get back in shape BJ Gaddour mobility w/o
4. rest
5. rest
6. Kettlebell cardio; hip mobility with band 15 min; pilates 15 minutes
7. T25 Lower focus; CS #602 leg sculpting
8. Dance and be fit Brazilian Body plus CS #601 Arms and posture
9. rest
10. kettlebell cardio/core
11. CS #603 Lose a pant size
12. Kettlebell learning drills
13. Kettlebell body w/up plus kettlebutt; more mobility
14. Pilates plus workout #1 and #2
15. rest
16. Brooks Kettlebell body Kettlesculpt plus CS# 609 Shoulder and stress relief
17. rest
18. MH6O Phase 1 fat frying cooldown two times plus KB Body warm-up and Kettlebell body
19. rest
20. Kettlebell revelation strength 2 plus CS #611 core and hips
21. Yogalink Hip helpers
22. Brooks Kettlebell Revelation warmup, strength 2 plus kettlebell incinerator warm-up as a cooldown
23. rest
24. Mobility flowy, 100 hip thrusts, single leg deadlift challenge day 1-3; squat challenge day 1-3 including both challenge warmups
25. Mobility warmup plus MA60 Total body typhoon plus cooldown; CS #610 full body
26. mobility warm-up; Squat challenge Day 4-6; warmup Day 4-6 single deadlift challenge
27. rest
28. mobility warm-up; Squat challenge Day 7-8; warmup Day 7-9 single deadlift challenge
29. Cathe 4DS low intensity warmup squat Day 9-10 and single leg deadlift challenge Day 10-11 plus mobility
30. Kettlebell class, Day 11 squat challenge and mobility

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 12:53 PM  
Dontmindthemess

January 2021!!!

Making it work! Nice moderate workouts with some intensity sprinkled in when I’m feeling it. Since I’m cutting back the intensity of my workouts I’m going to take this opportunity to really work on my food intake and track my meals.

1. Barlates Shape Up Barre Box Used 2 lbs for the cardio box segments and 4 lbs for the upper body segments. I love the lower body ball and band work in this one.
2. Barlates Shape Up Mat Used heavier weights but I was really feeling tired today and I had to make myself workout. I got interrupted twice with phone calls too, which I had to answer but they were both good and I ended up having a good day.
3. Dove’s Bodies Volume 3 I had two of these workouts and I recently acquired the other two off of eBay. I didn’t find this one very sweaty in general but it was pretty varied. Good news is Dove does abs pretty early on but they’re tough. Bad news is that she does them again at the end! My core is so weak right now that I need all those abs.
4. Romney Pulse 12/25/20
5. Rest

6. Yvette #83 Metabolic Cardio Workout Since it’s my day off I did a more intense workout. This Yvette was good but I’d say it was more moderate intensity by her standards. Compound weight exercises alternated with cardio intervals, but not HiiT level cardio. My body really didn’t want to jump in the beginning, those first jacks during the warm up felt just awful but I hung in there. I was fine as soon as I got warm, I think it just took a bit longer since the basement is on the chilly side. 425 calories.
7-12. Nothing Another lost week. Going to try to commit to a guilt free 5 day workout week instead of 6.
13. Cathe Live #315 Cardio Boxing Bootcamp + 2 mile walk
14. Cathe Live #148 Warrior Kickboxing
15. Cathe live #296 Touch Up Training Upper Body
16. Rest
17. Yvette #86 Kettlebell Step Mashup Very fun and sweaty. 494 calories.
18. Cathe Live #238 PHA Plus Cardio Blasts I’m still a little sore from this and I only matched Cathe’s weights. Really feeling my back from those flies. Subbed the last shoulder raise section for triceps.
19. Heather Robertson Crazy Full Body HiiT workout
20. Yvette #31 Cardio Kickboxing and killer step Thankfully it wasn’t killer but I got my sweat on. More of a steady state workout and Yvette only uses one riser. I would call this a step workout with some kickboxing flair. 463 calories.
21. Yvette warm-up from #28. + 10 mins of Keoni Fast Walking in 30 mins + Bodyfit by Amy 35 min Kettlebell Fusion (no w/u) + PBL Strong and Defined Core I did a real mish mosh today!! First I didn’t feel like working out at all but I knew I wasn’t going to have a very active day so I wanted to do something. I felt so cold when I finally went downstairs that I started an Yvette because I knew it would warm me up but I just wasn’t feeling all the jumping today. I tried a Keoni while wearing an 8# vest. He’s absolutely adorable and the music was great but I always end up on the wrong foot and get frustrated. This totally random Bodyfit by Amy workout popped up and it worked out great. Moderate intensity and even had some mobility work built in. Finished up with some slow intense core.
22. Rest
23. Cathe Live Opposites Attract This of course was a push pull total body. Cathe encourages you to do you during this workout. Your weight choice, rep speed. It’s not the most exciting workout and I didn’t find it that hard.
24. Barlates Lazy Days Walk Sculpt and Lazy Days Mat Feels like everyday is a lazy day these days, but I did workout for an hour, and I actually enjoyed it. Linda did her thing but in a modified way and there was 20 or less reps for each exercise. I used 2 lb hand weights for both workouts.
25. Barlates Feel Good Fusion Flow + MadFit 100 squat challenge
26. Rest
27. Cathe Live Love me Some Cardio Kickbox

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 12:56 PM  
donnamp

2021 ----

1 - Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 1 (power walk); Jessica Valent - Intermediate Pilates Workout; Yoga w/ Adriene - Yoga for Sciatica
2 - Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 2 (circuit); Yoga w/ Adriene - Breath - Day 1 - Invite; long outdoor walk
3 - Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 3 (walk & stretch); Yoga w/ Adriene - Breath - Day 2 - Arrive; Jessica Valent - Pilates for SI Joint and Sciatica Stretches (PT)
4 - Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 4 (low Impact Cardio), YwA - Breath - Day 3 - Anchor; Jessica Valent - Pilates for Beginners (new 20 min), JV - Sciatica Stretches (PT)
5 - Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 5 (Strength training/MetCon), YwA - Breath - Day 4 - Listen; WOW "Inside Out" (first half); JV - SI Joint PT
6 - Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 6 (4 Limb Aerobics), YwA - Breath - Day 5 - Replenish;CS 1101; JV - Scoliosis Routine
7 - Ellen - Lengthen, Strengthen & Breathe, short outdoor walk, Ellen - Stretch 360, stretching w/ JV.
8 - Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 7 (walk and standing core), YwA - Breath - Day 6 - Burn; CS 1102
9 - Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 8 (Strength Training); YwA - Breath - Day 7 - Synchronize; outdoor walk, CS 1103
10 - Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 9 (Power walk);YwA - Breath - Day 9 - Balance; CS 1104
11 - Pahla B - Wallk off the Weight Series - Day 10 (Gentle Toning), Jessica Valent Pilates - Arms & Abs; Yoga w/ Kassandra - 10 Min Morning Stretch, CS 1105, 15Min WOW workout
12 - Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 11 (Balance), YwA - Breath - Day 10 - Connect, JV - PT for SI joint; CS 1106; Ellen Barrett - Quick Fix
13 - Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 12 (Strength), Jessica Valent - Power of Twists, Ellen - Core Cardio; Yoga w/ Bird - Yoga for Stiff Bodies
14 - Pahla B- Walk off the Weight Series - Day 13 (Low Impact Cardio), Jessica Valent - 10 Min Beginner Abs & Full Body Opening; outdoor walk
15 - CS 1107; Ellen - Gentle Barre; Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 14 (Body Weight Strength)
16 - Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 15 (Met Con), Beginning Yoga w/ Chrissy Carter - Connect Practice; Long outdoor walk
17 - CS 1108, Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 16 (1 Mile Walk w/ bursts), Yoga w/ Kassandra - 10 Min Morning Yoga for Beginners
18 - Ellen - Moving for Beauty; ePilates 21 Day Challenge - Day 1, outdoor walk, YwA - Yoga for Psoas
19 - Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 18 (Low Impact Cardio), ePilates - 21 Day Challenge Day 2, YwA - Breath - Day 11 - Flow; CS 1109
20 - Ellen - Slim Sculpt; Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series -Day 19 (Arms Toning); YwA - Breath - Day 8 - Snuggle
21 - Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 20 (Walk, Balance and Abs); ePilates 21 Day Challenge Day 3 (Abs), Jessica Valent - Open Your Heart Routine; CS 1110, Outdoor walk
22 - Pahla B- Walk off the Weight Series - Day 21(Toning); Rebekah Rothstein - Buff Bones workout (from Jessica Valent Pilates site); Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series Day 22 (Cardio), Jill Miller -Yoga Tune Up At Home, Level 1, Month 1, Program A
23 - Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 23 (Cardio/Toning), YwA - Breath -Day 12 - Drop
24 - Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 24 (Cardio & Standing Abs), Jessica Smith - Gentle Yoga Plus Pilates - Floor Routine; outdoor walk, Ellen - Affirmative Flow; ePilates 21 day challenge Day 6 - Intro to Yoga
25 - Ellen - Power Express; Pilates Nest - Reset Retreat Day 1 (Posture), Yoga w/ Kassandra - 10 min Morning Yoga for Flexibility; Pahla B- Walk off the Weight Series Day 25 (balance), CS 1111
26 - Ellen - Feel Good Fusion, Pilates Nest - Reset Retreat Day 2 (Legs and Glutes), Yoga w/ Bird - Yoga for Hip Tension; Pahal B - Walk off the Weight Series Day 26 (Dynamic Moves)
27 - Ellen - Total Body Tune Up; Pilates Nest - Reset Retreat Day 3 (Arms and Shoulders); Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series Day 27 (walk & glute toning)
28 - Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 28 - Low Impact Cardio w/ Weights; Yoga w/ Kassandra - Therapeutic Hip & Low Back Stretch, CS 1112
29 - Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 29 - Cardio & Balance, Jessica Valent - Pilates for Digestion
30 - Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 30 - Strength & Cardio, Pilates Nest Re-set Retreat Days 4 (abs) and 5 (standing Pilates)
31 - Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 31 (Low Impact cardio & balance), Day 17 (walk & stretch) and Jessica Valent - Scoliosis Routine
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 03:16 PM  
tangerine

January~ Probably more wok-wok-woking this month.

Goal: 10 workouts for the month

Jan 4 - First workout of the year - Leslie Sansone 20 minute Easy Burn from Burn off Fat Fast (20m)
Jan 7 - Leslie Sansone Heart Healthy Walk - Leslie is alone in this 2 mile walk, the music is very blah but the time went pretty quick. (30m)
Jan 9 - Leslie Sansone Walk it off in 30 days (Burn section) - OMG I loved this!! The music is peppy, Leslie is all business and the crew and setting is nice. Some nice moves interspersed throughout. The time clock is a nice motivator to push through to the end. I liked it much better than Radio Hits and Party Songs. (30m)
Jan 12 - Leslie Sansone The Power Mile - nice little walk, goes by quick and there is room to modify up - the beat is fast. (18m)
Jan 13 - Leslie Sansone Walk Your Stress Away - this is a fast-paced walk, with the famous William Tell Overture section. I've enjoyed it in the past, but didn't click with it today - skipped some of the middle (after the Overture) to get through it. It has no stretches, unusual for a Leslie walk so I added my own. (25m)
Jan 15 - Leslie Sansone Evening Mile - this is a nice walk, slow-ish pace, Leslie is alone and the music is okay. Easy to modify up, I added weights and big arm movements. It goes by fast. (22m)
Jan 19 - Leslie Sansone Walk to the Hiits Party Songs Mile 1 and 3 - still not loving this one (30 m)
Jan 21 - Leslie Sanone 5 Really Big Miles WU + Mile 1 + self stretch (25m)
Jan 27 - Leslie sansone 5 Really Big Miles WU + Mile 4 (intervals and lower body) + CD and stretch (25m)
Jan 30 - Leslie Sansone Fat Burning walks Easy Burn (20m)
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 03:26 PM  
Mell

Mell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 04:19 PM  
allgirlsinaz

Continuing with Caroline Girvan's EPIC program and sprinkling in cardio.

1. Kaleigh Cohen Fitness #65 45 min ride
2. Legs
3. 3.23 mile hike
4. Shoulders and Core
5. Abs and Glutes
6. nothing
7. Ignite Max Power 50 min ride
8. nothing
9. Total Body Strength
10. Posterior Chain
11. Arms and Abs
12. LISS
13. Complexes
14. nothing
15. Joe Alvarado All Out 90's Ride 45 min
16. Isometric and Dynamic DB
17. Obliques and Shoulders
18. nothing
19. EMOM
20. nothing
21. Abs and Glutes
22. SSoD Family Friendly Ride 40 min
23. nothing
24. nothing
25. Legs and Biceps
26. Tabata Hiit
27. nothing
28. Total Body DB and BW
29. Kaleigh Cohen Fitness #53 45 min ride
30. Back and Bi's
31. RI:ID Leg Burner 45 min ride

C25K graduate 10/10

CLX grad 12/09
allgirlsinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 04:54 PM  
bex

✨✨ January 2021 ✨✨

Focus: Caroline Girvan/Yoga/KBs

1 - Caroline Girvan's EPIC Series Day 10 Burpee HIIT, Udaya Slow Stretch for the Super Stiff. Wow. I can't believe that I look at a 30 minute HIIT workout that is entirely different varieties of burpees, and my thought is, "What a great way to kick off the new year!" Who even am I? What's even more amazing, I made it through, only hitting pause twice, for just another 10 seconds to breathe. Ok, afterwards I needed a nap. But I'm doing this.
2 - Dasha’s KBKB Body Series Cardio Lean, Vytas’s Find Your Practice Stretch 1. As much as I love Caroline, it's kind of nice to go back to an instructor who talks. I chose my little 6kg KB because I just wanted to warm up the muscles before stretching. The more I use FYP, the happier I am that I bought this set. Just can't imagine why it's taken me so long to use it.
3 - Caroline Girvan's EPIC Series Day 11 Quads & Abs, Sydney Cummings' 12 Minute Deep Stretch. I loved Caroline's leg day. Must be all the bike rides, this one had me sweating but still smiling.
4 - Bike Ride (1 hour total). Finally had a day that wasn't too cold and also wasn't too polluted, so I could bike to work. Otherwise, felt like I was coming down with a slight cold so went to bed early.
5 - Bike Ride (45 mins total), Caroline Girvan's EPIC Series Day 12 Shoulders, Cathe's ICE Chiseled Upper Body w/u and stretch. I was glad that I'd previewed today's EPIC, because knowing it was going to be slow & heavy rather than a sweat-fest got me off the sofa and into my exercise space. Caroline worked the delts from every angle, and afterwards I felt nicely pumped rather than wiped.
6 - Bike Ride (1 hour total). Met friends for dinner & had a cocktail, which was fun, but by the time we got home I was too emotionally tired to do anything else.
7 - Caroline Girvan's EPIC Series Day 13 Hamstrings & Glutes, Udaya It’s All About the Hips. Ok, hams and glutes are definitely my jam. I’m starting to eye my dumbbells and think about getting some heavier ones. The Udaya practice was more about mobility than stretching. I’m still looking for post heavy workout stretches.
8 - Rest. Got home in the evening and the house was *cold*, so I got into bed to warm up, and.... well, that was predictable.
9 - Bike ride (30 mins total), Caroline Girvan's EPIC Series Day 14 Total Body, Yoga 30for30 Yin. Oh, that was fun! The superset format made the time fly by. And aaaaah for the yin practice. That’s what I’m talking about!
10 - Caroline Girvan's EPIC Series Day 15 Tabata HIIT Total Body, Yoga 30for30 Twists. When I previewed the workout, I wondered, how's that going to work? But I actually managed most of them with only minor modifications. This rotation is taking me in directions I never expected. After that, the Twists practice had a few too many vinyasas, but I skipped a few of them to take care of my shoulder. Need to watch out for over-use, given how I'm pushing myself to work up to big-girl pushups.
11 - Rest. Tired and just don't wanna.
12 - Caroline Girvan's EPIC Series Day 16 Back & Biceps, Mr & Mrs Muscle Day 2 Abs & Core Workout. Still feeling low emotionally, but luckily this was another heavy lift session. Somehow that feels 'easier' than a high energy HIIT. Of course I felt better afterwards. Especially from pounding out renegade rows like a Boss. I've started dipping into Mr & Mrs Muscle on YT - their workouts feel easier than Caroline's, but still get it done.
13 - Ultimate Yogi Cross Train. I realized it's been a while since I did a full hour yoga practice. Much as I love the short or 30 minute formats, it's a totally different experience. Must remember to do this at least once a week! Pluses - my first time ever doing Bound Warrior! Minuses - my balance is still terrible.
14 - Caroline Girvan's EPIC Series Day 17 Lunges, Mr & Mrs Muscle Abs & Core Workout 78. I was psyching myself up because I'd heard Day 17 lunges were super tough, but I found it just 'ordinary hard' (by the standards of Caroline's workouts). Clearly, that just means I need to up the weight! Mr & Mrs Muscle ab circuits are good for me to tack on, because I can trick myself into doing 'just the first circuit', which is only 2.5 mins. Then I've done one and it wasn't so bad, so I do another one. Then I might as well do the rest, and somehow I've done a 10 min abs add-on.
15 - Rest. Got home late after a work dinner, and I thought about doing something light just so I'd have something in the calendar today. But I'm trying to listen to my body, which needed sleep more than movement. So I went to bed.
16 - Caroline Girvan's EPIC Series Day 18 Chest & Triceps, Cardio Coach 2R on elliptical (first 2 challenges). This EPIC workout was tougher for me than yesterday's lunge-a-palooza. Caroline's supersets hit the chest muscles from every angle, and I was completely *done* by the time she went for a burnout set of pushup variations as a finisher. I did one diamond pushup (from my knees), went for a second, and couldn't get up again. There was no way I was going to risk doing a face plant during vinyasa's, so yoga afterwards was definitely not going to happen. I still had energy, and some lower-body focused sprints seemed like a good way to work through yesterday's lingering stiffness. But then I needed a nap in the afternoon.
17 - Yoga 30for30 Flow and Stretch. I could only squeeze in a short practice, but just as I was getting into it, it was over. I'm glad I got something in but wish I'd chosen a slightly longer one.
18 - Rest. Feeling like I'm' coming down with a cold, decided to sit it out today and see how I feel tomorrow.
19 - Rest. Yup, definitely have a cold. Need to let it pass.
20 - - Bike ride (2 hours total). Finally had a warmer day with decent air quality. I think the low intensity bursts through the day were the right level for my cold.
21 - - Bike ride (1 hour total). My cold got worse, so I came home early and went to bed. At least I got some bike rides in.
22 - Rest. Stlll suffering from my cold.
23 - Ultimate Yogi Cardio. Absolutely the perfect way to sweat out the cold. And so gratifying to see how much stronger I am and how it opens up more of my practice.
24 - Rest. And still more cold.
25 - Bike Ride (30 mins total), Caroline Girvan's EPIC Series Day 19 Total Body (Dumbbell Complex). Wowza, that was one way to wring the cold out of my muscles. By 40% I was literally dripping sweat on my mat. More metabolic than I was expecting after the previous heavier splits. And the hour seemed *long* - at one point I thought I was trapped in a purgatory of endless dumbbell complexes. But as always, felt elated when I finished. And very glad that I jumped back in where I'd left off in the series.
26 - Ultimate Yogi Strength. Caroline has given me the confidence to take on my UY set. I even managed most of the 'yogi-style' pushups (ie tricep pushups) from my toes! I thought I was doing really well until the final set of side plank to plank-chaturanga-plank to other side plank. But now I know that sitting that one out in child's pose doesn't mean I've failed at the practice. Growth!
27 - Rest. Couldn't decide whether to do an after-dinner workout or not, and then got involved in some work stuff, and poof, there's the day gone.
28 Rest.
29 Rest.
30 Rest. I've been powering through my cold, but finally had to just stop and rest. Had an entire day in my pj's and lots of sleep. Clearly, I needed it.
31 - Heather Robertson's 7 Day Challenge Day 1 Total Body HIIT , Travis Elliot's Yin Yoga Foundations. I'm still struggling with this cold, and I didn't feel ready to jump back into EPIC. I figured if I started with another series, I'd feel less pressure to 'keep up'. I can't tell if HR is slightly slower, or just because it was Day 1, but it was perfect for me today. I was able to match her cadence and ROM and it definitely pushed my HR, but I made it all the way through. The Yin practice was more of a challenge - I have such a twitchy mind! Practice.....

Last edited by bex; 01-10-21 at 02:58 AM.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts