Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-21, 08:14 AM  
sherry7899

Thank you for the welcome back. I appreciate it

My 85 year old mother who has severe dementia is in the hospital with Covid. She had fallen and broken her hip, had surgery and was sent to a rehab. She likely caught it there. She is not doing well at all. I am waiting for a call at any time. Our relationship (it's a stretch to call it that) was extremely complicated since she is a sociopathic narcisisst. I have not seen her in a long time, and my sisters don't have a relationship with her either.She is toxic. She wanted my niece to handle everything for her, so that is what has been happening.

Please don't feel a need to respond to that. There aren't any words!

today's workout:

body project Beats 4 - 30 minutes
sara beth yoga...mellow stretch something...15 minutes

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 10:44 AM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Still only been doing outdoor walking. However, I'm giving serious thought to assigning myself another Jessica Smith rotation. I did really well with the one I did late last year -- I think I need that kind of structure right now.

Cyana: Sorry you had a difficult week. Right now the weather here is clear with highs in the 60s -- perfect for walking! I feel I should take advantage of it, since rain is predicted to move back in by the end of the week, and I do not walk in the rain.

Sherry: We are so glad you are back and posting. I'm sorry, though, to hear about the difficult situation with your mother. Good luck, and if you need to vent a bit from time to time we are always here to listen.

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 10:51 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Voight Stretch and Core Conditioning (Upper Body Practice)
YouTube: Yoga With Bird: 10 MIN Morning Yoga for Stiff Bodies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fySP...l=YogaWithBird
Essentrics

I'm a bit sore from Margaret yesterday so the morning stretches felt good.

Sherry, it's best that you minimize contact with toxic people so I'm glad you did that. It's unfortunate about your mom getting covid from rehab.

Sandra, outdoor walking is great! I wish I could make myself do outdoor walks as often as you.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 12:13 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

{{{Sherry}}} ... I'm so sorry.

I'm not in a good place. Current events, etc. I'll try to get out and walk later. I'm off today and will do some decluttering and picking up. Saturday I tried to improve my mood with a gym workout but didn't feel safe with the January people bumbling around who aren't used to the new protocols. I left early and had a good beach walk instead.

I had a full blown panic attack yesterday when a car accident caused by a weaving idiot happened in the lane next to mine. I was able to get off the highway and sit in a store parking lot until I could breathe again. I'm still having after shocks from it, it's like having a headache in your chest which makes no sense. Sherry - the Qigong for Anxiety you gave me helped me get through the evening after it happened, thank you.

Just wanted to say hi - everyone be well.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 12:27 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pat, how frightening about that car accident! I've never had a panic attack before but I can imagine it had to have been awful. Thank goodness you are safe and weren't involved in the accident! I'm sending you hugs!!
Old 01-18-21, 12:44 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Yesterday’s activities:
~More city walking, 15,000 steps
~Another long stretch session, this time DH did it with me.

It’s been a rough week for our little group, (((hugs))) and healing thoughts to all.

Pat - There’s so much going on right now & every added stressor makes us more fragile and vulnerable.

Sherry - I’m so sorry about your mom!

Cyana - Sorry you had a challenging week & I hope this week is a better one.

Beth - It’s rare for me to stick to a strict rotation. Right now I’m aiming to do Barre3 & Body Groove two or three times a week, Essentrics three or four, cardio & yoga daily, and a BellyFit once or twice as well.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 02:58 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I am sorry to hear that so many are struggling! I think this is a difficult, limbo time right now; I'm feeling it too.

Paine & Pam, I didn't mean following a strict rotation; I was talking more about having a rough outline/plan for the week. I do that in my head somewhat but thought that some pre-planning might be useful. I basically do the same for cooking dinner, haha.

Sherry, it definitely sounds like a complicated relationship with your mom. I agree with Paine - sometimes we need to wish others well but also keep them out of our lives.

Pat, wow, that does sound scary. I know that you have a lot of self-care practices in place that will help you get through this.

Sandra, I think going back to something that worked for you before makes sense.

(((HUGS))) to all!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 03:26 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I walked 2 miles with my daughter and my 2 grandsons to the bigger park in my town. We saw a lot of ducks, geese and a big white pelican at the pond in the park. It was 74 degrees and a pretty day outside.

Beth, yesterday I thought I would do an Unplugged episode each day this week but when I woke up this morning, I was too sore to do more strength work today.

Pam, I think it's great that your DH will do a stretch session with you.
Old 01-18-21, 08:20 PM  
JustSandra

Hi again!

Back with

Today's Workout: I chose Jessica's Calm and Strong Plan -- the name appealed to me. I started with Day 3 so that the rest days would line up with my Fridays when I usually take a rest day. I did Straight Up Strength Training from YouTube, which I haven't tried before. I really liked it, and enjoyed seeing Peanut! Earlier today I walked outside for about an hour.

Pat58: What a scary close call! I don't blame you for still feeling shaken.

Paine: Glad you got outside today -- your walk sounds lovely!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 08:56 PM  
cyana

No organized work-out today. I started the day with breathwork focused on square breathing and breath of fire. I felt quite energized by doing BOF and ended up doing multiple sets of 50 breath cycles. I had to jump in the shower and wash my hair, so I did squats, calf raises and split lunges while I was drying my hair (multiple sets with 20 reps/set). Would that qualify as a work-out with compound movements since I was holding the hair dryer over my head while working the legs, LOL?!? I was quite impressed that I kept my balance during the split lunges. I also tried to do a set of squats each time I went into the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee (3 cups - my max). I'm planning to hit the sack early this evening - hopefully that will translate into getting up in plenty of time to do a good work-out in the AM.

Pat - OMG.....it is such a helpless, terrifying feeling to watch an accident unfolding in front or beside of you. I'm glad you were able to get off the road and take a time out so you could get home safely - and that QiGong for Anxiety was helpful. I'm still out of sorts with Current Events, too.

Sandra - That sounds like perfect walking weather. We have rain coming back, too, darn it. I haven't walked in the rain in years - maybe I'd start singing like Neil Sedaka if I tried it? "Ooooooh, I hear laughter in the rain....."

Paine - That sounded like a lovely walk with your family. And more perfect weather. And a pelican! In my old neighborhood, I had two good walking buddies and I've never had that in my current neighborhood. If I did social media, I'd "advertise" for a walking buddy!

Beth - I've considered doing a rough blueprint of how I'd like to structure work-outs across a week. DH and I definitely need to do that for meals. He used to be pretty good about looking at sites like Skinnytaste and picking out some recipes to try for the week, but that's gone out the window, unfortunately. DH is a decent cook - when he wants to be.

Pam - You've had some great step totals in the city. I would be happy if DH did any sort of work-out with me. I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your Barre3 subscription. I just renewed MFML yesterday. It sounds like Kat is going to be hosting more on-line yoga "retreats" and Adam is doing a live class soon. With the time difference, I don't think I could do it live (and there is a fee - but it seemed reasonable if my mental currency conversion meter is working correctly ). I think you have access for a certain number of days after the event. I'll think on that one.

Sherry - Your comment about your mom makes me think of the Serenity Prayer - accepting the things we can't change and not dwelling on them. Hoping to get in a Body Project work-out this week.

Need to wind it down for the evening. Sleep well, friends.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote