Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-01-21, 03:28 PM  
Gams

I did get a weighted blanket for Christmas. I’m hoping it will help me sleep better.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 04:05 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Good habits in 2020, because I have been teleworking, I am not spending 3+ hours a day commuting:
  • More yoga
  • Gardening
  • Outdoors every day
  • Cooking most of my meals
  • Getting more rest

-Anita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 04:12 PM  
bubbles76

This sounds small but...I take my lunch break. I NEVER take a lunch break when I am in the office. I usually work through lunch, hastily eating. Now I take my full lunch break with Tiny Bubble. I will either cook lunch and take it with him, or heat up something and work out at lunch time. It's a wonderful way to ease some stress out of the day.

I've also been consistent (well, before Christmas, hehe) with doing two hour long yoga sessions a week. In my defense, I had plans to do yoga over Christmas break when I went back home to see family. That didn't really work out with my mom feeding me every five minutes
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 04:32 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

My good habits include eating a good variety of healthy foods every day (although I often offset the good with my baking).

I also have learned how to control anxiety. I have used mind control and positive thinking, and it has helped.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 05:13 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
... I also have learned how to control anxiety. ...
Oh! I forgot!

I've been struggling with anxiety and depression for a long time, but managed to learn some useful techniques that have helped me make some serious progress.

Honestly, I'm encouraged that I didn't immediately think of that sort of work when this question came up. For a long time I did spend quite a while every day just managing my symptoms, not really seeming to make progress, but I seem to have turned a corner. Hurrah!

Not gonna rest on my laurels, though. Mindfulness is a regular part of life now, so it's easier not to worry that I don't manage a regular seated meditation practice as often as I'd like.
Old 01-01-21, 07:05 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I hadn't been able to exercise at home for years, but when the YMCA closed this year, I got in that habit. It's gone by the wayside since Christmas, but I hope to get back into the groove next week.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 07:56 PM  
fanofladyvols

Great question!!

Thanks to paying myself for workout days I'm relentlessly consistent about recording my workouts! (Thanks, Alta!!)

I'm also so much better about doing Prehab and mobility.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 09:22 PM  
JustSandra

Long outdoor walks.

I began in March shortly after my area shut down due to Covid. Just around nearby neighborhoods in the suburbs where I live, usually 1 to 2 hours. I slacked off a little during the summer (went back to work, and also because of the heat) but have picked up the distance and frequency this fall. It has helped me keep my weight stable and is good for my head as well as my body. Right now I just walk, but may start listening to music or audiobooks at some point.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 09:38 PM  
Leonana

I worked through a Cognitive Behavioral Therapy workbook for anxiety. It has given me the tools I need to change my thinking, which changes my brain and helps to manages my anxiety.

I’ve upped my weights in workouts recently, and feel I am getting stronger.

Last spring I painted almost the whole inside of my house. I still need to paint my bedroom.

I didn’t think I had anything to post, so this was encouraging. Thanks for the thread!
Old 01-02-21, 07:55 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I worked through a Cognitive Behavioral Therapy workbook for anxiety. It has given me the tools I need to change my thinking, which changes my brain and helps to manages my anxiety.
I'm going to look into this! I've been going thru peaks and valleys of anxiety throughout this pandemic.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anxiety, habits