Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-20, 09:11 AM  
buffmama

Helen, How thoughtful of your husband. Love it.

Vannie, Sending good tech vibes. Sorry about your DVD player those things can really send a VFer into the dumps - and a tech store!

Sandy
- I am also loving yin yoga right now. Time for both my body and brain to slow down.

I'm thinking along the lines of strength going forward but with a whole body integrated approach I never really mastered in the past. Not sure where it will lead me to.
Old 12-25-20, 10:01 AM  
Vantreesta

Merry Christmas, friends. Wishing you all a blessed day.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-20, 10:39 AM  
buffmama

Merry Christmas to all. Today's workout was a no-brainer, off to figure out the next few days.
Old 12-25-20, 10:47 AM  
SandyO

Merry Christmas. Toooooo many desserts last night.

2021 Jan Thread
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230069

Sandy O
Old 12-26-20, 03:54 AM  
Helen

Merry Christmas!! Sorry I'm a bit late.

My log posts are up to date.
Christmas Day was Amy Bento - Cardio Pump Hi/Lo - Ultimate Mix, 40min
Boxing Day (today) was The Firm - Body Sculpt, 49min
as well as 2 dog walks each day, typically about an hour.

Thank you for the new thread Sandy!
I'm DEFINITELY IN for next year.
A member of 'Every Day in <month>' is super close to making Every Day in 2020!! and a few of us have been inspired to attempt the same for 2021.

My squat rack hasn't been done yet - he'll need to dismantle it & take it to the shed, but he's assured me it'll be done before his next trip to the farm, which will be early January.

Off to set up my weeks for THE NEW YEAR!
I always get SO excited planning a new year. The plans rarely pan out as expected/dreamt of, but if I keep trying I'm doing better than not bothering at all.

Oh - finally have proper diagnosis of knee, from MRI:
• complete rupture of ACL
• minor tear of meniscus
• torn MCL, not minor, but not in two pieces either
physio will be free via Medicare (first appointment in early Jan)
to see what our health insurance covers, I have to have the code numbers from the knee surgeon - appoint in early Feb (earliest I could get)
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-20, 10:31 AM  
Vantreesta

Helen, I could have written your paragraph about planning for the new year! Ouch on your knee! You really did it up good, huh? I'm amazed at the workouts you've done on it. Glad you have appts lined up. I hope it will heal quickly with treatment. Very cool that your DH is upgrading your squat rack.

Cleda really has done an awesome job with every day. Completely unrealistic for my lifestyle but very impressive. I think Sandy has probably done the same, right, Sandy?

Thanks for starting the new thread, Sandy. I'm not going to bother to say I'll do better next year. Every time I say that I hurt myself or smthg breaks or events even more out of my control happen.

Buff, you have done an awesome job with consistency as well. Yay! Definitely a weird year for you and buffboy but you keep adjusting and moving forward!

I started logging my food in MyFitnessPal about two weeks ago and actually lost weight the first week! My stomach remembered how to growl but I didn't feel sick with it like usual and I really didn't even feel deprived. Unfortunately the last two days may have undone the loss but I'm not giving up. Like Tom Holland always says: there are three things we can control, what we put in our bodies, how much we move and our attitude. I got this, one day of good decisions at a time!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-20, 07:27 PM  
Helen

VANNIE
Yes, you and I are similar in our list-making and over-exuberant plans, but that just means we are optimists! And the coming year WILL be better!
Cleda IS awesome! I'm so glad she's a consistent part of my life in the Every Day checkin.

BUFF
How old is BuffBoy? It must SO challenging with the school situation. From our brief experience (only 2 months of online learning), it was a major academic setback. Most treated it as an extended holiday.

SANDY
Christmas sweets/desserts - I'm hearing you. Making too many, and too much - means they last right through to New Year. I'm so guilty of overkill in that direction.

Australian (older person) slang:
My knee - here, one might say it's 'had the Richard'. Dick, being a common replacement for Richard, so having 'had the Dick', one has 'been fμcked'.
My workouts require concentration with everything on that side, to keep it tracking straight, NO twisting, & I wear a sleeve/brace for workouts to help.

I'm in a good mood:
• both girls arrive late tonight
• it's NOT raining (at last)
• getting excited about the coming year

Happy Sunday.

ETA - late evening now - day's physical activity was lots of heavy weeding / gardening. Sweaty work on quite a warm day.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-20, 08:42 AM  
SandyO

Vannie, I've had two rest days this year: one in May and one on Thanksgiving.

Helen, that knee diagnosis sounds pretty scary. We have had several gals join our group and only last days, so it's nice to have you keep on with us.

buff, I see Brett L has a 30 day 10 minute challenge to find your style. I think I'll pass. I'm doing the Lauren B squat challenge and a short Sarah Beth challenge.

Sandy O
Old 12-27-20, 10:35 AM  
buffmama

Started EPIC today. Already sore. I read up on it yesterday and it is really well thought out. She is also training body movements and in that regard it reminds me of NROL. I jumped into day 4 based on which days I want the workouts to fall. It's 5 days a week and I will have to add in some cardio and some recovery.

Sandy - Lots of challenges I want to do but concerned about committing to too much. Pilates challenges tend to be splits and that isn't what would be best with EPIC, so for now I'm sticking with individual workouts. Yoga will mostly be stretching unless I want more on a 'rest' day. I will probably pass on both Brett and Sarah's challenge but thanks for the heads up.

Helen buffboy is 15. We're bumbling through this as best as we can but it is criminal. Enjoy your time with your girls, I love the energy kids bring with them and whenever buffboy makes me crazy I just think about having grands and it gets better! So sorry about your knee. Based on your attitude you should be good as new when healed. That really is so much of it.

Vannie You keep on keepin' on which is super important. A growling stomach doesn't sound like fun. Try to eat some lower caloric density food to fill you up a bit in addition to whatever you're eating. Since anything evil can also be used for good and you do the cooking - try some healthier versions of what you like to eat. One or two hits can make a big difference.

Looks like I had 1 total rest day in 2020. Two days where I did 10-15 pilates/yoga. One was when I had the terrible eczema the other was in Oct when I got overloaded working 6 days a week. Telling.
Old 12-27-20, 12:06 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Started EPIC today. Already sore. I read up on it yesterday and it is really well thought out. She is also training body movements and in that regard it reminds me of NROL. I jumped into day 4 based on which days I want the workouts to fall. It's 5 days a week and I will have to add in some cardio and some recovery.

Sandy - Lots of challenges I want to do but concerned about committing to too much. Pilates challenges tend to be splits and that isn't what would be best with EPIC, so for now I'm sticking with individual workouts. Yoga will mostly be stretching unless I want more on a 'rest' day. I will probably pass on both Brett and Sarah's challenge but thanks for the heads up.
I did my first Caroline Girvan yesterday, a 15 min KB. I see there is a 5 day beginner EPIC which I think is where I should begin. Maybe a few rounds of that, and I can dip my toes in the hardcore version like buff.