Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-14-20, 11:44 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

enabling post:
https://ymaa.com/publishing/dvd/prod...Aby-author/402

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-20, 01:04 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I bought the 30-Dy one and the Balance one.

Here are good Lee freebies with acupressure self-massage. I find the techniques can be helpful sometimes. Especially for headaches.

***3 Common Acupressure Points Everyone Should Know (Pain, Stress, Energy)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP1xt62u5r4

***60 Second Acupressure Self-Massage Techniques for More Energy, Headache Relief, and Inner Balance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYTwJxAx6W4

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-20, 05:11 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Of the ones listed by the original poster the Arms, Wrists and Hands is very good and it sounds like that would be the most useful for you!

I have many of Lee's DVDs and I like some better than others. The beautiful scenery is also a factor, as is how old or new the workouts is.

I will also say that's the best price I've seen on his DVDs, as I got them for 40 percent off in June/July of this year!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-20, 11:12 PM  
stacydan

Thank you everyone for the great comments and links! Jackie, I know I have asked myself the same question about buying more when I haven’t even done the new ones I bought last year. But I Want them, lol!

I haven’t done anything since March and have gained a lot of weight back over the last two years. I was wanting to start back with some QiGong and Leslie 1 mile walks, and then maybe some CS and short yoga. I remember loving Lee’s 7 minutes of magic PM one, I used to do that all the time! I’ve been so stressed with so much going on in life and work, I just feel overwhelmed and I was thinking QiGong would help. I also bought the Beachbody Youv2, it was on sale, what can I say, lol!

Thanks Cyana, I will definitely have to open my Anxiety one, I really need it right now. I will check out Marisa’s channel, I think short practices would be great for me.

Thank y’all for posting these great links, this is so very helpful!
stacydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-20, 02:28 PM  
mimikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mell View Post
Thanks for posting that Mell!

Mimi K
mimikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-20, 02:31 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I just previewed the Better Balance one. It looks really good.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-20, 12:25 AM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I just previewed the Better Balance one. It looks really good.
I really like both the long (36 minute) and short (20 minute) versions of this. It seems to be effective too.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-20, 11:11 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Last night I opened my new YMAA Yoga for Depression & Emotional Balance. I will like it much better by sticking to the short practice. It has three options: short, extended and long.

I really wish YMAA would have indicated the time for each. What is the difference between extended and long? I have several other Lees with extended practices and they're not that much longer than the short. "Long" sounded really daunting so I oped for extended. I had to bail from the interminable repetition. Judging by the backgrounds, the longer sessions are simply the original with portions repeated. OMG! My back was killing me so I cut it off at the 30 minute mark and did some yoga spine therapy.

I'll certainly love it for the short practice though. It's beautifully filmed and Lee demonstrates while standing on one of a series of Asian carved pedestals that span a lake or river. There are rushes and a branch of heather or lavender swaying in the foreground. For a treat a family of mama and papa swans with two cygnets between them swims by in the background. The camera crew did a good job following the swans yet keeping Lee visible as long as possible. The practice itself nicely clears and energizes the upper chakras.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-20, 01:36 PM  
starbelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Last night I opened my new YMAA Yoga for Depression & Emotional Balance. I will like it much better by sticking to the short practice. It has three options: short, extended and long.

I really wish YMAA would have indicated the time for each. What is the difference between extended and long? I have several other Lees with extended practices and they're not that much longer than the short.
I'll certainly love it for the short practice though.
If you go to Lee's webshop (digital sales only), you can find out how long each of the practices is. Click on the image of the video, scroll down and click on "program details". For the Depression video, for instance, the short is 20:31, the extended 30:01 and the long is 39:59.

Most of the practices listed as "short" are around 20 minutes.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-20, 02:34 PM  
DD546

The sale ends today. I caved and bought Better Balance, Healthy Heart, and Five Elements. I already have a lot of Lee, but I find him calming and easy to follow. I love the short practices.
DD546 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
acupressure, lee holden, qi gong, qigong, ymaa, ymaa sale