Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-18, 10:56 AM  
TinaT

Thanks for the feedback. It really comes down to listening to my body. As long as I keep moving and staying strong... I should be content with that.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-18, 09:18 AM  
Exercise Diva

I'm starting to do this more and more - it allows me to fit in the many workouts I enjoy. I usually try to pair complimentary workouts, so if I do a 15 minute KB workout, I'll pair it with a yoga or Essentrics workout.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-18, 10:16 AM  
donnamp

Doing shorter workouts also allows me to be more consistent. For instance, today I have a 15 min strength workout "scheduled" - if I get more time and can do more, I will, but it is nice to feel that I'm staying on track even if I can't get more than 15 min in.

I used to feel that if I couldn't do an hour it wasn't worth doing!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-18, 05:25 PM  
TinaT

I really appreciate the mind set most of you have about 15 mins here or there. It really does add up over time if consistent.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-18, 07:20 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I need to do this. Because I don't get a lot of workouts in, on the weekends pretty much and that's it. I might go through my premixes and see what options I have. But I have plenty of programs which are around 20 minutes which I need to put to use.

Earlier in the thread, there was someone who posted that they pretty just do 30 minutes max workouts, I think I am headed in that direction myself. It's better than doing nothing.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-18, 08:25 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I only do short workouts these days. I haven't worked out longer than 30 minutes in months and months. Most of my workouts are 10-20 minutes. It's so much easier to fit into my day, and I don't feel exhausted afterwards.
Same.
Old 12-05-18, 09:28 PM  
Scorpio6

bumping
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-18, 09:45 PM  
Karla25

If you’re having more fatigue than normal, consider having your thyroid checked. Hypothyroidism can make you feel fatigued.It can also cause muscle weakness and weight gain. Are you having difficulty working out more than 20 minutes because your body cannot do anymore?

If you’re just burned out on exercise, maybe you could try something new and different to revitalize and motivate you. I mix up lots of different types of workouts like weight training, yoga, ballet. Some of the workouts are very short and others longer. I usually do something short and easy in the morning and something longer in the evening. Variety keeps me motivated :-)
Old 12-06-18, 07:39 AM  
geojill

Stress, poor sleep, and having my dog STILL waking me up at 4:30 since the time change to go out leaves me tired and low on energy. I can’t bring myself to do the Jessica Smith workouts that I have always loved. What has worked for me lately is to jog on my rebounder for about 10-20 minutes in the morning, sometimes followed by an episode of Classical Stretch. It’s not very time consuming and makes me feel good both physically and mentally. I walk during my breaks at work.

There were a couple of mornings last week that I jogged for 10-20 minutes while watching Jim Gaffigan on YouTube. That was a really excellent way to start my day That was definitely a stress management morning.
Old 12-06-18, 01:48 PM  
Judy W.

Mine are generally in the 30-40 range nowadays. Earlier this week, I revisited the original Power Fits. All of them are great, and the time flies by even if you do 2 of them together as I like to do. Just thought I'd give them a quick shout out for those who like short and sweet workouts!

Judy
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote