Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you have a tattoo?
I have no tattoos. 131 78.44%
I have one tattoo. 17 10.18%
I have two tattoos. 5 2.99%
I have three or more tattoos. 14 8.38%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-18, 12:30 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Two, as my skin ages it's unclear as to what the tattoo might look like as nature takes its course. I've seen some examples out in public that I do not want to emulate.
Yeah, does anyone want to be that 90-year-old with a faded tramp stamp? I guess we'll be seeing them in future nursing homes.

But, when you're 90, who cares? You're 90!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-18, 04:27 PM  
Tiny

I have 7 of them and only two are visible if I’m not wearing long sleeves (inside each wrist) and really people only notice the one on my right wrist because I wear a watch on my left wrist.

I got my first one at 27, now 44 and still love them all. It’s kind of addicting once you get the one.

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-18, 06:39 AM  
Indy

I have no tattoos and I don't want any either. So many fade and the colors that were once vibrant look like a big black blob later - only acceptable place on my body would be the bottom of my foot!!!

I wouldn't know what to get either - I'm thinking something like that should be a very personal decision and extremely meaningful. I would hate to do it for fun and then regret it later.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-18, 06:54 AM  
mandie123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
I have no tattoos and I don't want any either. So many fade and the colors that were once vibrant look like a big black blob later - only acceptable place on my body would be the bottom of my foot!!!

I wouldn't know what to get either - I'm thinking something like that should be a very personal decision and extremely meaningful. I would hate to do it for fun and then regret it later.
I had a beautiful tattoo (winged horse coming out of the sky very colorful)done 30 years ago.My sister saw it a while back and asked me why I had a black witch on my thigh ,yep a big black blob!
Old 08-14-18, 10:28 AM  
Judy W.

I have a small and cute pink bow on the inside of my ankle, containing my daughter's initials. She has a matching (and much bigger) one with my initials on the inside of her arm.

Background -- DD is quite the tattooed lady! A few years back, she asked me if I would get a matching tattoo with her, knowing me well enough to figure I'd do it. I actually felt quite honored! So, we talked about it, and agreed on what we wanted to get. We followed through and have both been pleased!

BUT -- of course, guess who paid for it!! Well, that would be Dear Old Mom. Several years later, she admitted she was itching to get another tattoo, couldn't afford one at the time, so she figured a pretty sure-proof way to get the old lady to fork it over. She knew darn well that her Dad would never get HIS body inked, but Mom fell for it!

No matter how, it's a great family memory -- and memento. Today she's a mom herself, but she's still getting ink every now and then! And she can pay for it nowadays.

Judy
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 08:01 AM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 09:12 AM  
bubbles76

I don't have any, but if I did I would get one in memory of my dad. Both my brother and sister have tattoos in memory of my dad. I am very scared of needles, so have not gotten one. But if I did, that would be my one and only one. Tattoos are beautiful, but I'm chicken
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 10:39 AM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I can't figure out how to vote, but I don't have any tattoos. I had thought about what I might like, etc. years ago, but not seriously. There is also the cost of getting a tattoo. They are really expensive!!

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 12:44 PM  
cailleach

Have tattoos that wasn't my idea

Have three tiny dots for the radiation treatment several years ago. My reactions to getting poked by the needle tells me I'm not a good candidate for sitting for any tattoos.
cailleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 02:03 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer P. View Post
I can't figure out how to vote, but I don't have any tattoos... There is also the cost of getting a tattoo. They are really expensive!!
This! Tattoos are a bit of a head-scratcher for me... totally not judging anyone who has one or likes them, I've just never been interested. I think it's something about the permanence of them. You have them FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE! Unless you have them removed, which I understand, is painful and expensive.

And the expense--wow, they are costly. I was watching a reality show recently and one of the people had full-sleeve tattoos--on both arms! She said it cost $3k per arm. I just cannot imagine spending six thousand dollars on tattoos. Exercise videos? Absolutely, but not tattoos.

But hey, to each his/her own! I do kind of marvel at the skill of tattoo artists.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tattoo