Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-15, 08:29 AM  
lesia

MH 60 Day Transformation Reviews

David Jack from Men's Health dvd series. He's in the following:
Spartacus
Body Battle
MH60 Day Transformation

I'm rotating thru Spartacus & MH60 dvd systems because I have a total crush on David Jack. I tried some of his workouts a few years ago and at the time, I wasn't interested in that circuit/interval format. BUT...

fast forward to this week and I'm still loving Black Fire with Bob Harper, but was looking for something new along the same lines. I pulled out MH60 Day Transformation "Fat Frying Fury" on Disc 1. Wow!

Mobility warmup
4 circuits of 8 moves
Circuit 1 (20 sec on/20 sec off)
Circuit 2 & 3 (40 sec on/20 sec off)
Circuit 4 (finisher) (20 sec on/20 sec off)

Disc 1 has 2 workouts and a cooldown (9 min) mobility & stretching
Disc 2 has 3 workouts and a different 9 min cooldown
Disc 3 has 3 workouts and a different 9 min cooldown
Bonus disc "Free Flow Mobility"

This is an awesome set. There are 3 background exercisers 2 male and 1 female. David Jack shows progressions and regressions.

The workout is a solid one. No it's not Insanity/Cathe/Jillian but I was sweating buckets with all the bodyweight work. Heck 10 minutes after I finished I was still sweating.

Here's a clip. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10154025133095207

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-15, 09:40 AM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Lesia,

You and I have such similar workout tastes. I adore David Jack Men's Health workouts! They're challenging without being punishing. And the fact that David is warm, motivating, and hot is a total bonus. I'd love be the filling in a BJ Gaddour/David Jack sandwich. I just received Body Battle so I may just get my wish.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-15, 11:55 AM  
lesia

Good workout with great instructor

David Jack is a person I don't mind doing a rotation with...hmmmm yep. Good workouts with a great instructor.

I think some are put off by the Men's Health logo, but women are in the workouts as well. I sometimes find that I do better with a male instructor.

Shaun T. - Tony Horton - Bob Harper - BJ Gaddour - David Jack

They tend to make me work harder.

Lesia
Old 03-28-15, 06:22 PM  
lesia

New Series coming!

I was on David Jack's FB Like Page and in the middle of January he was in the middle of filming 14 workouts. Kendall Hogan was in the picture helping him rehearse. I don't know any other details, but I have Spartacus/BodyBattle/MH60 so it's bound to be good.

Lesia
Old 03-28-15, 07:20 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

You guys need to quit! I haven't even tried Body Shred and Daily Burn... and now these...
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-15, 07:40 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
You guys need to quit! I haven't even tried Body Shred and Daily Burn... and now these...
Yeah, I'm seriously considering placing a few VFers on ignore. lol, or I could place myself on "ignore VF until you learn some self-control" mode, but that's more difficult.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-15, 07:48 PM  
lesia

MH60 Workout 2: "Total Body Typhoon"

I'm sorry y'all! I swear I'm not trying to enable you. It's just that these workouts are unlike anything I've ever done (or seen) before and they are *well done* I think the Men's Fitness logo puts some off, but in all the workouts but BodyBattle, there are women kicking butt!

I previewed my MH60 Workout 2 "Total Body Typhoon" and I'm so excited.
Warmup (4 moves mobility)
Round 1 - 3 circuits and between each circuit is a 60 second cardio
Round 2 - 3 different circuits and between each circuit is a 60 second different cardio

60 second cardio is hit 6 times. They do jumping jacks, but you could sub in any type of cardio. I did jumping jacks & air jacks.

Again, I'm sorry. I just love it when I find an obscure workout and it's a good one.

Lesia
Old 03-29-15, 08:51 AM  
lesia

MH60 "Total Body Typhoon" Workout 2 of 12

Today's review is for MH60 "Total Body Typhoon" Workout 2

David Jack and 3 background exercisers (Mike, Andy & Jill) start this workout with a mobility warmup:
-3 step march with an arm roll
-hip hurdles activation/arm chop/twist stretch (nice)
-lateral step

Now the warmup circuit is going to make you think??? because he's getting you ready and agile for what's to come. Each time you go back to the circuit David shows a progression and a regression.

Circuit 1:
-Left split stance lunge with db - starts off 3 pulse into full pulsing lunge
-base stance squat with supported right row (in horse stance and you have 1 db and you pulse doing a row on right)
-right split stance lunge with db
-base stance squat with supported left row

You do this circuit 2 times and inbetween the circuit you do 60 sec of cardio. David and crew do jacks but you could do any kind of cardio you want

Circuit 2:
-Lateral step - side lunge with db
-pushup hold
-step back into runner's lunge and then jump (they do it on the floor but I'm using my 10 inch step to do the move) bring your knee up and hop up

You do this circuit 2 times and inbetween the circuit you do 60 sec of cardio- they do jacks but you could do air squats, air jacks, rockstar jumps, high knee runs...just to get the heart rate up.

Total time: 32 min.

All of the MH60 workouts are right at the 30 min mark. Includes warmup. There is no cooldown, but each of the 3 discs has an 8-9 min cooldown that focuses on mobility and stretching you out.Each cooldown is different. Yes!

The set is in a gym-like/crossfit type of area. Honestly I was working so hard and loving it that it felt like they were right there with me. Money well spent.
I believe you can buy this on the Men's Health Rodale site for $39.95 but if you use the CUSTOMER25 code you can get 25% off.

12 workouts (3 dvds) + 1 Bonus workout Free Form Mobility (20 minutes)

I really like the set and as I go through them, I'll write a review.

Lesia
Old 03-29-15, 09:06 AM  
IceQueen07

Great review. I keep seeing more and more workouts that I think I will like. Problem is going to be not only spending the money, but trying to figure out the time to do them all.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-15, 09:13 AM  
lesia

Yeah I get what you're saying. I've had the Spartacus (also with David Jack) for a while, but when I saw MH60 I caved. I actually forgot that I had Spartacus until I was in my workout room looking for something and found them.

MH60 only calls for 3 days a week. I like both programs and so I'm doing Phase 1 (Fat Frying Fury, Total Body Typhoon, and Free Flow Mobility) on 3 days and then plugging in at least 2 of the Spartacus on the other days. This way I get 1 rest day or sometimes 2.

You can do a search on youtube for the Spartacus workouts. Just type in Spartacus Workouts and it should take you to it. I would post a link but I don't want to go against VF rules.

Lesia

Tags
mh60