Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-31-03, 03:59 PM  
Maggiedoodle

I'm coming out of the closet today as well. I've been a lurker for the past couple months and always thought that I'd be the oldest poster. I'm 55 and have been doing excercise videos for the past 12 years or so. I do mostly Firms, but I have some Cathe, Joyce Vedral, yoga and pilates tapes. I'm a realtor and live in Durham, NC, married for 35 years to the same man. Amazing, where does the time go? I still feel like I'm in my 30's (except for the hot flashes and weight gain and age spots and thinning hair!!!)
Susan L
Maggiedoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-03, 11:32 PM  
Sabresfan

Hi!

I'm Jen, I'm 24 and have been exercising on and off since I was 16. I love taking dance classes, but since I'm usually short on cash I do videos at home instead. I'm getting married on Sept. 23rd in Las Vegas and was in a car accident in January that laid me up for a few weeks. So, I'm finally getting back into working out and I have to get in shape for my wedding. Not that I care about being overweight, I just need energy for all the walking around Vegas and the hiking we're going to do on our honeymoon! This board looks great so far, can't wait to join in!
Sabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-03, 11:14 PM  
activenik

my VF story

Well, it seems like ages that I've been on site, but it's actually only a couple of months! My addictive personality and genuine love of exercise videos and fitness keep me on line and out of bed for HOURS most nights. I guess I'm outgoing because I don't hesitate to post, but only when something really seems worth while.
The funny thing is I've had many, many videos for many many years, and truely thought I was the only one! HA. It wasn't until I ordered Cathe CTX off E BAY that I ended up meeting Donna K. She wrote "Wow a Vfer so close". I was too embarrassed to ask "what's VFer" was? So when she delived the videos to save me the shipping, she told me to check it out.
I waited over a week, figuring it was cool, but no big deal. My intention was to rid myself of some old videos she said would be HOT on VF trade (CIAs).
Once I got here, there's been no turning back. I can't believe this haven. I feel like I came across the biggest secret ever (even though I was the last to know). Kindered Spirits Rejoyce!
activenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-03, 07:13 AM  
pennantb

Hi I have done this before but here I go again.

The name is Barbara I was named after a British MP Barbara Castle (as you can see I look nothing like her) youngest of 4 children I was born, raised and continue to live and work in London, happily single no pets one nephew and a great nephew and a step niece.

I began with Keli Roberts Ultimate Step video from a friend in 1994 when I was 27 and began working out. From there I went to Keli other tape and the 2 she did with Cher as well as Cindy Crawford, and Karen Voight. The selection here is so limited I bought as many tapes as I could as I lost weight but the selection isn't excellent. Anyway after hitting my target things went well for a time but when I started a new job and my health began to deteroriate.

After my mymomectomy in Nov 2000 I started slowly back on the exercise wagon on returning to work I discovered VF and Collage and order what I could of there PAL tapes and some CIA's. Cathe as well (but couldn't order as she doesn't do PAL tapes. I was able to get Taebo when I saw them advertised in a UK paper (first saw Taebo on a German tv channel that at the time I could pick up on my satelite). But it wasn't until a friend told me my video could play US tapes. Straight away I ordered Cathe tapes later updating and getting all her dvd (after getting some great advice about cheap dvd which could play all regions) so of course I preordered the Intensity series and 3 of the new CIA dvd's.

More recently I have discovered The Firm much prefer the older tapes so I am ordering them from where I can (mainly Amazon Marketplace).

Delurked last year and still post (but not as often) but come here most days to listen get advice this is not a good place for my credit card .

If there is one thing you never put in a trap.... that's me... Dr Who series 5
pennantb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-03, 04:30 PM  
Cristina

what a great thread!

Hi all -

I started reading this thread not realizing it was started a couple of years ago, yikes, that's impressive and very cool!

Well, I just discovered VF this week, and have already logged in a few dozen times, he he, I'm in the process of looking for my FIRST (yes, ladies and gentlemen!) my first exercise videos ever! Mainly because I don't enjoy going to the gym, although I do belong to one, and I really feel the need to exercise, get in shape, loose weight, and be fit. So here I am.

I'm 27, been happily married for 31/2 years (yey!!!) We just moved to Miami, Florida and bought our first home in an amazing little sub-community called Coconut Grove. I was born and raised in México (near Cancun) in a little coastal ranch in the jungle (literary, with monkeys and tigers lurking around - very fun!). I went to college in Massachusetts (love it there - Go Pats!), lived in LA for a few years also (not such a big fan). And now I'm just looking for inspiration and motivation to become like some of y'all: long time VF member, with 100+ videos, and a true love for working-out.

Cristina

p.s. If any of you are ever in the Miami-area, lets get together!
Old 04-06-03, 09:21 AM  
Xandra

Hi

I live in Birmingham, UK. I am 32, married, I have a little boy aged 8, and I am a tax consultant, working for an audit company.

I discovered this site about a year ago, and I have been lurking on and off since. I have always been quite active, but during the last two years I moved house and changed jobs, which made it impossible for me to get time to go to the gym. As I have also accumulated a few kgs too many in the process, I decided to start working out at home, and I found this site while looking for sources of videos.

Here, I discovered weight training and Joyce Vedral - thank you all for all your inspiring posts! So, for the first time since university, I am exercising regularly, and have started seeing results. I am having knee surgery done next week and I don't know how long it will take to recover, but I can't wait to go back to my routine.

Xandra
Xandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-03, 10:39 AM  
cmishel
VF Supporter

Hi, I'm Cheryl and I have been a lurker for a few months. I"m married with 2 kids and 4 dogs. I'm 42 and always thought I was the only one who was a vidiot. My DH thinks it's an addiction. I've been doing videos for about 10 years (when children started) and I do love cardio. Anything Cathe. Now I am trying to change over to dvd. I do love this forum, I've been getting great advice.
cmishel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-03, 02:04 PM  
Shel
VF Supporter

Hi. I live in Nashville, TN. I'm 33, married and parent to two great feline kids. I have been working out to videos for 12+ years. I was quite active when I initially found VF, because I didn't realize there were other vidiots out there. Now, I lurk until I see a thread that I must reply to. This is an awesome site! Thanks Wendy. My favorites are The Firm, Fitprime, Cathe, Leslie and yoga/pilates/dance.
Old 04-21-03, 12:12 AM  
monday

introductions?

i thought i should introduce myself, because i just started and I'm trying to find a community to keep myself motivated. For my 27th birthday (in late january) my sister bought me the Windsor Pilates video set off the infomercial, but i didn't actually get motivated to try until the beginning of March. Following the advice of FLYlady (http://www.flylady.net) i diligently did the 20 minute tape every morning for 28 days, until i had created a routine for myself. At that point, i bought L.S's WATPexpress. While i have read that some people are not so thrilled with them, i am very large and very very beginner. So that's where I am. I have a million questions, and don't even no where to begin. I've been reading the other threads and the site to try to find some answers before asking my questions, but i have a feeling that i'll be posting some soon. Oops, i forgot to mention that my name is actually Casey, i'm in western massachusetts, and i am loving all the useful and positive information on this site.
monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-03, 04:45 PM  
mainemom

intro

Hi,
I am 38, married to a great guy and have 2 beautiful girls. We live in rural Maine, although I"m originally from Massachusetts. Actually, when I moved to Maine from Mass in 92, I started gaining weight and continued to be overweight for the next 10 years. Last fall a friend of mine mentioned her fitness video and I remembered that I had a few Firm videos that I had bought when they came out but never got into. I dug out my Firm tapes and never looked back! I have lost 28 lbs since mid-Sept doing mostly Firm's and I feel great! I have just recently purchased Cathe and Gin Miller, love strength, hate cardio. I love this site, you guys are very inspiring and help me keep going. I am not much into posting but will try to be better about it. I had no idea that there was a whole community that did fitness videos! It is addicting too!
Maureen
mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread