Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-11-11, 01:56 AM  
Tugger31

Which Kettlebells do you have??

Just wondering...

1. What brand of KB do you have...and its pro's/con's

2. What weight KB have you accumulated...which is your most used weight?
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-11, 05:54 AM  
sciencelady

1. I own MBody Strength kettlebells. I've used Gofit, Spri, Dragondoor and Perform Better. I like the MBody kettlebells because of their cost, the powder finish is easier for my grip than a lacquer paint finish which is slippery, and the smoothness of the handles.

2. I bought 2 8 kg, 2 12 kg, 2 16 kg, and 1 20 kg. My most used are now double 12 kg, 16 kg (single and double work) and the 20 kg. I'm looking at purchasing a second 20 kg and a 24 kg bell. I rarely use my 8 kg bells .
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-11, 05:59 AM  
Taxed

I am pretty new to kettlebells and I have an 8kg Rogue/Punch Kettlebell and 12 and 16 kg bells from Ader.

1. The Rogue/Punch is a nice bell, handle is a nice size; also, it is made in the USA. However, it does have a rougher finish; it tends to be a bit rougher on my hands. I really love my Aders, but their handle seems to be a little thicker (which may be a problem for smaller women). The Aders have a smoother finish and don't tear up my hands.

2. I only have the 3 sizes (1 of each), and I tend to use the 8 and the 16 the most. The 16kg is my go-to bell for two-handed swings. The 8kg I use for pretty much everything else (cleans, presses, snatches).

I think you will be surprised at how quickly you go up in weight for 2-handed swings. To be honest, it is easier for me to keep good form with the 16kg when doing swings than it is when I use a lighter weight.
Taxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-11, 06:04 AM  
lucia
VF Supporter

I have GoFit...I really like them - Pros: the handle is smooth but with enough texture that they don't slip in my hands (my hands don't sweat much, though), the handles are nice and wide, and I got them on sale. I think I chose them at first because the handles were wide. Cons: none (I have only tried one other kettlebell brand so I don't know how GoFit compares to other brands - I used the Art of Strength bells in a gym a couple of times and they were great).

The pounds I have: 4, 10, 15, 25, and 35. I use the 35lb/16kg one for two-handed swings (what Taxed said above for swings is true for me, too). I don't use the 4 or 10 much & the others I use equally often. However, for Keith Weber-style workouts, I use the 10 more. I got the 4 lb one for Kettlenetics.
Old 07-11-11, 06:26 AM  
vplan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxed View Post
I really love my Aders, but their handle seems to be a little thicker (which may be a problem for smaller women). The Aders have a smoother finish and don't tear up my hands.
I have Aders as well that I absolutely love. By the way, Premier Aders have thinner handles vs. Competition series.
Old 07-11-11, 06:30 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Go Fit: 2 10's, 2 15's, 2 20's

Ader: 25, 30

Muscle Driver: 26 black series, 35 gray series

Perform Better: 40

I like the Aders and Go Fits best. The gray Muscle Driver is rather rough. The Perform Better is fine but when you get to the heavier bells, the handles get thicker and I have small hands. I prefer the 25 Ader to the 26 MD for this very reason; the handle on the Ader is smaller and easier for me to use on moves like snatches. But the Go Fits have actually held up the best!

I don't know that I have a most used size. I use them all!
Old 07-11-11, 06:35 AM  
Snuckles

I have an 8kg & 12 kg Ader and 35lb Mbody. I like the finish on the Ader better then the Mbody, it's really smooth. Mbody is more cost effective. I would continue to purchase Ader's if I could find them locally.

I still use all 3 of my bells.
Snuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-11, 07:24 AM  
counterclockwise

Perform Better competition bells - 9, 10, 12, 16 kg.'s
Troy - 30 lb.
Ader Premier - 20 lb.
Mbody - two 9 kg.'s

I love my competition bells. They are my favorite. They handles are very smooth but not slippery. They are the same size/handle thickness no matter which weight, and they feel better against my arms. They are very expensive though.

The Troy is probably the roughest, although it's not awful.

The Ader is very smooth, but it's almost slippery. This used to be my favorite before I got the comp. bells.

The Mbody's are textured a bit on the handles, but not rough. I think these are the best for a low price.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-11, 08:08 AM  
Kyra

I have weights ranging from 6 - 32kg, with multiples at 8, 12, and 16kg. I have bells by Ader, Dragon Door, and Perform Better, and also an original AoS Bulldog.

I like the Aders best, overall, but I'm very fond of my PB competition style bells. I like the larger (consistent) size for many (but not all) exercises. I find the Aders have the smoothest handles; I also started with them so they are very familiar in hand.

Most used weights are 12, 16, and 20kg.

Certified Bulletproof Athlete
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-11, 08:14 AM  
alisoncooks

We have:
Dragon Door: two 12kg, two 16kg, two 24kg
Mbody: 4kg, 8kg
and a teeny Gold's Gym 5 pounder (belongs to DD )

We also had (and sold) a 70 lb. Ader and 70 lb. Dragon Door. DH says the Ader had a really nice, slick handle...but it didn't feel symmetrical (crooked handle). He really liked the 70 lb. DD.

But we'll probably try/buy Lifeline next time we get a chance. They seem comparable to DD and they're USA-made. Prices are better than DD, too.

Right now, my most used are 8kg and 12kg. DH (obviously) uses heavier.
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebells