Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-20-20, 11:07 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh no, seriously!??? I hope it clears up for you soon. It's pretty frustrating, isn't it?
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-20, 05:17 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Oh no, seriously!??? I hope it clears up for you soon. It's pretty frustrating, isn't it?
Lol, YES!
Thanks for commiserating

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 06:31 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Revisiting this thread as it just happened to me when I tried to post to the Cathe thread!! Maybe it's getting too long and overloading the system. I'll give it another try later.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 06:45 PM  
fanofladyvols

Aww...I'm sorry :-(

The thing is.... there are older, much longer threads that I have no problem posting on...so it can't be that reason.

It is odd though.

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 03-26-20, 06:48 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Cataddict, when I finally was able to post again, I had made sure to not have too many smilies, quotes, etc., anything that would complicate the post, and I also kept it short. I don't know if that's why I could post again or something else, but it's worth a shot! Hope you can post again soon...it is really irritating, isn't it?
Old 03-27-20, 11:47 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Cataddict, when I finally was able to post again, I had made sure to not have too many smilies, quotes, etc., anything that would complicate the post, and I also kept it short. I don't know if that's why I could post again or something else, but it's worth a shot! Hope you can post again soon...it is really irritating, isn't it?
I was able to post today as normal. Who knows what was going on. It's the first time it's happened. Maybe it was a sign that I've been posting too much lately!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 12:04 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I was able to post today as normal. Who knows what was going on. It's the first time it's happened. Maybe it was a sign that I've been posting too much lately!
Hah...that's what I thought too when it happened to me!! Glad you can post again!
Old 08-10-20, 03:19 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

after Wendy re-opened the site yesterday, i couldn't post anything longer than 1, short sentence. i tried posting at least 5-6x throughout the day, with the same 500 error. i tried rebooting my machine, logging out of VF and logging back in, to no avail.

knowing i could post a short sentence, i posted it, then went back to edit it, and it gave me an error if my sentence was long.

i found a workaround that eventually led to stopping the 500 error message:
when i went to edit my post on a thread, i clicked on "advanced" and added more words, then clicked on "save".

after having done that, i could post to a thread with > 1 sentence or even longer sentences, and i don't get the 500 error anymore. somehow that corrected it.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 04:44 PM  
fanofladyvols

Jeannine...that's what I call perseverance!!

Old 08-10-20, 06:40 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Several of the Cronies have had that error. It seems to pop up for someone for a few days and then it goes away. Wendy investigated and couldn't see a reason why it popped up. It's random and it's aggravating!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
500 error, internal server error, login, technical issue, vf site issues