Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-01-20, 10:05 PM  
Sissy B

Fitbit/Fitness Tracker *February* 2020 Check-In

Welcome to the February 2020 Fitbit/Fitness Tracker Check-In. This check-in is designed for a place to share your daily steps via Fitbit, Apple Watch, pedometer, phone app or anything else you use to track your steps.

If you currently share your steps with another check-in, please continue to do so. But we'd love to hear about how everyone is achieving their goals counting steps.

You can track and record any steps you like via a Leslie workout, treadmill, or just plain old outdoor walking. All steps count! Feel free to just record your steps or log any other workouts you do in addition to your steps here too - yoga, strength training, kettlebells, dance, kickboxing, etc. - or just join in the conversation.

So if you walk or run for fitness and make a habit of counting your steps, please join us here and lets enable each other as we Step to Fitness.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-20, 10:26 PM  
Sissy B

Sorry I'm late starting the new thread, I meant to start it last night but we've had a lot going on and I didn't get back on the computer until now. One of DH's uncles died on Monday. The funeral was today. DH was able to change his flights so he got home about 9 p.m. last night and DD came home. It has been a long day today, plus since DH's mom died there has been a lot of family drama and those family members were there too. We went to the visitation, funeral and graveside service today and then went and had a meal with DH's aunt and cousins and their families that their church was hosting.
Old 02-03-20, 07:38 AM  
dbclark44

Saturday 2/1 - 5937/2.43
Sunday 2/2 - 4577/1.87

Well we're back in Cape Coral. Got back yesterday about 11ish. We made a Sam's Club run so I could buy a pillow. I travel with my pillow and left mine in Orlando when we checked out. I found one that I like and didn't wake up with a stiff neck, so it just may work.

Not much working out the past couple of days. Saturday I made couple loops around the resort lake which is .6 of a mile, so did do something active. Otherwise we were sitting around the condo doing nothing. Today is PF day so I can get in a good upper body workout streaming Cathe.

Sat up and watched the whole Superbowl game with DH. First time I ever did that. Mixed feelings about the half time show. I did appreciate the Latino flavor and culture they brought to the stage. Loved the stage lights effect. And I will leave it at that. My pastor was very disgusted with it. Everyone's a critic.

Sissy, Chrys , so sorry for your loss.

Have a great Monday ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-20, 11:16 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did a 2 mile treadmill walk tonight. We got a ton of snow and had a snow day - no school!
Sissy, thanks for getting the thread started. Sorry for your loss.
Deb, I watched the halftime show and a few of the commercials

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-20, 11:08 AM  
Sissy B

Saturday, 2/1 - 4102 steps/1.74 miles
Sunday, 2/2 - 3773 steps/1.6 miles
Monday 2/3 - 10,279 steps/4.36 miles

Deb & Chrys
- Thank you.

Sunday we went over to watch the Super Bowl with my BIL and SIL. They were staying at her brother and SIL's house so we spent the day there. I took Sausage Cream Cheese Rotel Dip with Sweet Peppers and tortilla chips as dippers and my SIL made White Chicken Chili. I did watch the half time show and I had mixed feelings about it too. I have to say I was impressed by how in shape both Shakira and JLo are and their athleticism in the performance. JLo could have picked better outfits though and I could have done without all the crotch shots and her grabbing at her crotch (and for the record, I don’t like it when male performers do it either). I read a comment on Facebook that maybe she had to keep grabbing it to keep from having a wardrobe malfunction - LOL. I loved the Jeep Groundhog Day commercial with Bill Murray.

Yesterday I spent the day getting things done around the house - catching up on laundry, changing the sheets on my bed, unloading and reloading the dishwasher, etc.
Old 02-04-20, 06:13 PM  
dbclark44

Monday 2/3 - 6957/2.85; TM 30 min/1.5 miles; Cathe ICE Chiseled Upper Body; self stretch
Today - 1 hour 49 minutes/5.12 miles neighborhood walk; Cathe Extended Chair Stretch

I really enjoy Cathe's chair stretch. Just wish she had added in more arm stretches, but I just add on a couple at the end. It is so easy to just put on and do from a kitchen or patio chair. No equipment needed. And it's a great stretch. Yesterday at PF I was able to stream Cathe but could barely finish it before the wifi got choppy. So I put on some music and did my own stretching session.

DH and I went to see the movie Rhythm Section yesterday and it was really a bad movie. We were the only 2 in the theater. They really wasted their money on that one. Not only would I not recommend going to the theater to see it, I wouldn't even recommend catching it when it comes to cable. Not worth the time. Since I have a rule about walking out on movies I paid to see, we sat there and watched until the bitter end.

We chilled around the condo all day today. After my 5-mile walk this morning, I really didn't want to do anything else the rest of the day. I hadn't intended to walk that far when I left out but ended up walking further than I thought and of course have to walk back. So I have more than 10K today.

Sissy, I can't recall the Groundhog Day commercial and I thought I caught them all.

Have a great Tuesday night ladies.

Old 02-04-20, 06:53 PM  
Sissy B

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AnhzGUcENWo
Old 02-05-20, 10:31 AM  
Sissy B

Tuesday, 2/4 - 12,879 steps/5.45 miles

Deb
- I put a link for the Jeep/Groundhog Day commercial in the post above. There are different versions, but I think that's the one that aired during the Super Bowl.

Yesterday I stayed home and got a few more things done around the house. I made an effort to get at least 10,000 steps in. I have got to get back on track.
Old 02-05-20, 10:38 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did a 2 mile treadmill walk tonight. I needed to move because I spent half my day in meetings. We are doing some remodeling in our outer office area, so they told me today they are going to paint tomorrow (!) and we had to hurry to get the stuff off the walls and move the furniture this afternoon. It snowed all day today, so the roads are terrible! We are going to go and get a crossover or a 4 wheel drive for me. DH doesn't have a work vehicle anymore, so he takes his truck - his drive is twice as long as mine on the bad roads.
Sissy, I loved the Google commercial and the Doritos one with Lil Nas and Sam whatshisname
Deb, walking 5 miles in nice weather sounds heavenly.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-20, 05:56 AM  
dbclark44

Tuesday 2/4 - 13,152/5.83
Wednesday 2/5 - 11,464/4.70

Yesterday DH and I went to this marina shopping area. It was real nice. You could walk along the dock and look at all the sail boats. They had condo towers there and a penthouse condo on sale for 2.4 mill! I got a copy of the flyer. It was the bomb! Would have loved to have got a walk through of that place. We ate at a very nice place and had crispy duck legs for the first time. They were yummy, especially with the sauce they put on them. I had a salad with caramelized pecans cranberries pears and vinaigrette dressing. Then topped it off with a caramel sundae. Weather was gorgeous in the 80s with a breeze.

I took a couple of walks yesterday to get my steps in. One in the morning before we left and in the evening after we got back. Both times I was a sweaty mess. It was cool but humid to me which is weird for the humidity here this time of year. Right now we're in the 70s, but think I'll give my legs a break today. Plus it's pretty windy out and I don't like walking in the wind no matter how mild the temps. We may go to PF today. We haven't been since Monday.

Thanks for the link Sissy.

Chrys, be safe on those roads.

Have a great Thursday ladies.

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers