Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-03-20, 08:13 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

I am grateful that I feel so much better today than I did last Monday.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-20, 12:00 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 cardo 30 minutes. Finally they have a cardio workout that is not boring. It wasn't so easy either.

Diana, it seems that neither of our DH's have fared well, shot or no shot. I was happy I had the shot and didn't catch the flu from my DH, but it's too bad that your DH had such a bad reaction from the shot. One never knows with this stuff. Enjoying the warm weather before it gets cold again. From 75 to snow in a couple days. I don't think this helps anyone's health. Glad you are feeling better.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-20, 02:19 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Yay, my cough is gone. Cough syrup seems to taste worse than ever, and doesn't work very well. I remember (1970's in upstate NY) having Rx cough syrup that contained codeine. That worked. I've still been sleeping a lot, and will take it easy this week. The ENT doc told me that my lungs wouldn't be totally healed when I finish the antibiotic, which will be this Thursday.

Checking in with Road to Recovery again (Pink Ribbon Pilates chapter 5).
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-20, 04:02 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: JS 15 minute cardio strength w/5's, 11 minute buns & thighs circuit walk w/5's, 12 minute arms & abs circuit walk w/5's

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-03-20, 07:54 PM  
seabliss

Checking in with four Blogilates butt and thigh workouts, including the new 12-Minute Thighs that I like as well as the Insane Butt Blaster. Still trying to get to the point where I don't get DOMS from that one. Also walked two miles outdoors since it was such a nice day.

Lynn, it's great to see you! Glad you survived the crazy month and that barre 3 is doing better.

Diana, great that you are feeling better. How is your DH?

Cynthia, so glad that you are feeling better too. I'm allergic to codeine. I have those types of meds in my house (both pain and the cough syrup) but I can't take them because I get really sick. I have to have prescription anti-nausea meds to handle anything like that.

We went to the church where DH is a job candidate on Sunday, and it was a good church but an uncomfortable experience. Although we weren't supposed to know, we knew the other candidate and his wife were also there (the internet does exist, lol), and we felt like the staff and leaders were really excited about them compared to us. But that could have been just us, because the recruiter texted DH today and said they haven't decided and they have one more guy flying in Thursday that they had already set up the appointment for in advance. So we'll see. In the meantime we're putting other feelers out there.

Cheryl
Old 02-03-20, 09:03 PM  
Diana3271

Seabliss In some ways DH is better but he's still really tired. I'm calling tomorrow to make the appointment for the sleep study. We're both still coughing and still have some chest congestion. But we are improving.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-04-20, 08:30 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-04-20, 10:58 AM  
Diana3271

Prayers would be appreciated for us right now. DH got to the shop this morning and it's flooded. The hot water heater went bad.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-04-20, 03:17 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, hugs and prayers.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-20, 07:58 PM  
lynnf

Laurens Baby Bells (the pregnancy one)

Cheryl, ugh, as someone who has hired a lot of people and brought in candidates for jobs, I think it sounds horrible to be in on a job try out with another candidate there in the audience. How stressful! However, you really never know with these things because I imagine all sorts of people have a say in these decisions and you never know how the decisions will tip (even when you are part of the decision). But always put out feelers until you get the offer! And by the way, I am allergic to codeine too, though my DH found that cough medicine worked really well for him. It would make me really sick.

Diana, so sorry about the flood. Hugs and hoping it's cleaned up by now. Sounds like the last thing you needed with DH not feeling well.

Cynthia, glad to see you are taking it easy until you are recovered.

I have one more day of easier days at work before the last hard week finishing up our big project. So I came home early and took a nap. Luckily my new supervisor this year is really good and got us nice raises, but the work load has definitely increased. i do think things may calm down quite a bit after next week so that should be good.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote