Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-27-14, 06:33 PM  
videofit

HotandFlashy's workout

I subscribe to her youtube channel. It's basically various lifestyle videos showing her exercise, diet, hair, makeup, etc. She is in her early 50s.

She has been a home exerciser since the early Firms. Now has only a dozen or so DVDs that she uses but they include Tracie Long, Cathe, Tracy Anderson. It looks like she took various moves from several and combined them into a tough upper body workout with some leg work thrown in. It's only 24 min. I like the very different moves and I want to do this video in the future but am wondering if anyone sees any potential injuries or do they all seem safe?

Flabby Arms
Old 07-28-14, 09:15 AM  
northernlight

Her arm workout looks interesting. It looks safe to me, although you might do the warm-up slowly the first few times just to see how it works for you. Her blog is great. And she seems like a lovely, 'real' person.

Thanks for posting!
northernlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 11:08 AM  
moonbeam31

I like her! Thanks for posting her first 'workout video"! I think she should do more!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 11:11 AM  
Leonana

I really like her a lot. I started using the Timeless Vitamin C serum due to her review of serums (she tried out three of them), and I really like it.

I wasn't sure about warming up with the small medicine ball. I think if I warmed up with weights, I'd get an injury. Also, she didn't have any form pointers for her lunges or squats, and if I were a new exerciser, I'd tweak my knees. At least, I didn't hear any form pointers. I just skimmed through it. I did post that in the comments section, that form pointers were important for me. I don't know, maybe I was too negative, but it did concern me. Having said all that, I thought she did a great job otherwise. She is in fabulous shape!
Old 07-28-14, 12:43 PM  
videofit

I don't have a medicine ball so I would just make up my own warm up.

I really liked that combo move, with dumbbells, for shoulders and upper back where she says you work the accessory muscles. Sounds like a Tracy Anderson thing. I'd like to build up that area on myself. We have similar body types -- ectomorph.

She is clearly an advanced exerciser and doesn't claim to be a fitness expert and gives that disclaimer in the beginning.
Old 07-28-14, 01:09 PM  
Leonana

I know she had the disclaimer at the beginning, which is good. I suppose I was remembering my early exercising days, and what would have happened to me if I had tried those squats and lunges!