Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-19-20, 12:47 PM  
sherry7899

Pam, have a wonderful time!

Cyana, so glad to see you!

Pat, the yoga nidra sounds lovely. I need to try YogaGlo someday, but I have so much yoga already.

I had horrible sleep last night...or should I say this morning. I fell asleep about 2:15 am, woke up at 5:30 am and dozed off for about another half hour. Ugh! My DH asks me why I can't sleep. There is no answer to that question! I tried using essential oils for sleep and my weighted blanket and neither worked.

I somehow managed to push myself to exercise anyway:

-yesterday I added on Faith Hunter's Yoga for Stress Neck/Shoulders

This morning:

-Solibeat Dance workout 57 minutes. Yikes! This moves SO fast. I did most of it half tempo. I love the live drumming and that the type of dance changes frequently.

-Tamilee Webb-30 minute stretch from her stretching dvd. I needed something mostly on the floor and mellow

I will try to do meditation later.

We are heading to Wegmans and Trader Joe's tonight. I hope I can stay awake!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-20, 05:20 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi all!
I have some catching up to do.
Yes definitely less sore from last week's Cathe workouts. After another day it was all good.

I did do a sweet Eoin Finn audio practice on the 13th called Yoga for Short Attention spans. One of my favs.

Friday I just did a little Body Jam - nothing killer and then some Steve Jones Yoga from Power Yoga site. He's great! Although the Core Connector class I did was tough!

Here's this week so far.
Mon: Cathe Maximum Intensity Strength and Udaya, Dr Jeff Boudoin and Zyre Good News. Jeff can be tough but this one was pretty moderate.
Tues: Michelle Dozois Peak 10 More Cardio Interval Burn. FUNNNNN! Lots of sweat but lots of fun. Oh yeah, I said that. Then some sweet Hatha on Udaya with Rudy and Asana Butter. I adore his classes!
Today:Cathe Circuit Max and Gaia/ David Magone and 21 Day Transformation. This is another Hatha practice. I am really enjoying Hatha and Iyengar lately!

Margot: sure hope your stress levels get much lower. Hang in there!

Sherry: I have Just Jhoom too and I think I've only previewed it. So many workouts.....
You and Breaking Bad! You know I STILL haven't watched that yet. So many series.....LOL

Pat: Here's more energy and motivation for you! Just suit up and get in there. I have lower energy days but once I get going in my workout I feel so much better. It just builds from there. I David Bowie.

Pam: Ahhhhhhhhhhh Hawaii! Have tons of fun as I know you will.

Hey Cyana!!

Hope everyone continues to have a great week!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-20, 09:23 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Popping in to say hello again. I’ve been sidelined with an injury, sigh. I did myself a mischief yesterday. 😖 I fell running across the street before the light turned, caught my flip flop on the curb and proceeded to scrape my big toe along the pavement, almost ripped the nail right off. Pretty nasty and is very sore! 😢 I went to a clinic, had it looked at, cleaned, & dressed. Also had a tetanus shot. Ugh, not much walking and no swimming happening for a few days at least. It’s still very tender & I’m sure the nail will come off. At least nothing is broken, trying to look at the positive side!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-20, 10:36 AM  
sherry7899

Pam, I am so sorry! Ouch! It's bad enough to be injured, but to have it happen on vacation is awful.

This morning I did a half hour of Bombay Jam. I didn't realize the rest of the workout was toning, which I was not in the mood for. I started yoga, but stopped. I just wasn't in the mood, which is odd for me. I may try again later, or that might be it for today.

Sherry

Old 02-20-20, 02:17 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Nothing formal, crazy day at work and I had a cupping massage in the evening I relaxed and listened to Gopi Kallayil's "Settle Down for Sleep." I liked him and will try more of his offerings.

Pam, oh no! What a shame. I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you.

Kate, good workouts for you and thanks for the additional motivation.

Sorry to be brief - swamped with transcript orders, I hope my hands hold out until yabba dabba doo time tomorrow.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-20, 03:44 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Pam: OWWWWW. I hope it heals enough so you can motor around on your vacation. Healing Metta for you girl!

Sherry: Bombay Jam...sounds like Bollywood dancing? Some days the motivation just isn't there, right?

Pat: What is a cupping massage?

Today I just did some bodyweight work with Group Rx Boot #4. Don't need weights to get a good workout.
Then some lovely yoga by Andrea Marcum over on Gaia. A practice called Tortoise and Self Care. Ahhhhh. Some work, some stretches, great instruction.

Hello to everyone! I hope you are well!!!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 02-20-20, 05:32 PM  
sherry7899

Kate, yes my motivation was missing today! I hope it's back tomorrow. I may do Body Combat tomorrow if I have the energy. I miss kickboxing!

I am a huge fan of Breaking Bad, but there are way more obsessed people than me! I'm in a Facebook group where some members have watched the whole series five , ten or fifteen times!

Sherry

Old 02-21-20, 11:03 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Rest day, just about fell down when I got home from work. Before bed I enjoyed another Tias Little yoga nidra.

Kate - traditional Chinese cupping involves the use of small glass globes. The practitioner puts a candle in them and when they're filled with smoke, attaches them to pressure points on the body. As the heat cools the flesh is sucked up into the little globes. My therapist uses a modern method - I think they are silicon suction cups with little handles. They look similar to something you might stick on the shower wall to hang something. She glides them along tight muscles and then forms a suction at problem areas and leaves them there while working on another spot. The suction releases muscle spasms and knots, and cleanses the fascia. Andrea Marcum is another new one!

Sherry, when are your YBBs due? I hope you can motivate me to dust mine off.

Sending gentle hugs to Pam's toe.

TGIF one and all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-20, 03:43 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Sherry: I ended up doing Body Combat today too. My planned workout dvd wouldn't play anywhere so I did a last minute sub. Can't go wrong with Combats!!

Pat: The cupping sounds interesting. I SO need a good massage. I don't treat myself but I sure do love them.

So Body Combat this morning and then a SWEEEEET Eoin Finn audio practice at lunch called Bali Blissology Reset. So slow and mellow and really love this style!
This is a free site and has many of my favorites. I hope you can access them.
https://www.mixcloud.com/yogablissologywitheoinfinn/

Have a lovely weekend all!

Old 02-21-20, 04:51 PM  
sherry7899

Pat, I received a bunch today. I may do one tomorrow.

I ended up taking an unplanned rest day. Out of the blue I came down with an upset stomach last night. Ugh! I feel better today, but resting is what I need.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Sherry