Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-18-20, 04:21 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
I thought the same thing. I wonder what the maintenance is like.
Well, my hairdresser, who pointed me to Jack Martin, suggested that this would be a way for me to go gray and quit having the maintenance. I know that some of the ladies he's posted pictures of look like they will be in for a fair bit of maintenance, but I think my hairdresser's thinking is that I have enough gray that if my whole head were suddenly all gray, when it grows out, it would look fine. Maybe not as polished as he gets (!), but then I'd be done with the coloring.
Old 02-18-20, 05:48 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Well, my hairdresser, who pointed me to Jack Martin, suggested that this would be a way for me to go gray and quit having the maintenance. I know that some of the ladies he's posted pictures of look like they will be in for a fair bit of maintenance, but I think my hairdresser's thinking is that I have enough gray that if my whole head were suddenly all gray, when it grows out, it would look fine. Maybe not as polished as he gets (!), but then I'd be done with the coloring.
Well then I think 7-8 hours in the chair would be worth it (depending on how much it cost). Bee do you have any idea how much it costs?

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 08:03 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
Well then I think 7-8 hours in the chair would be worth it (depending on how much it cost). Bee do you have any idea how much it costs?
I’ve seen people posting about his work and that it costs about $4,000. You would still need to grow out your natural gray and go through that process, even if you dyed it gray because it would not completely match your real hair color.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 08:49 PM  
Malinda

I dyed my medium-brown hair red for 20+ years. I finally decided to stop, close to 4 years ago. I have long curly hair and was not about to cut it off. I tried using semi-permanent color to get through the grow-out phase, but that did not prove to be a satisfactory solution. With about 3 inches of new growth, I went to a colorist for help. She did a balayage that created a gradual fade from the new growth to a sandy blond. It was a life-changer... the best $350 I ever spent. No maintenance required at all. I recently went back to the same colorist for some teal highlights, just for fun.
Old 02-18-20, 10:42 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

I would cringe at spending $4K on my teeth for less than structural reasons, or for a face lift. That much for HAIR??? I am seriously out of touch here.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 10:44 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer R View Post
I would cringe at spending $4K on my teeth for less than structural reasons, or for a face lift. That much for HAIR??? I am seriously out of touch here.
Same here! We bought our son's used car for less than that. That is half the cost of replacing our roof. I could never spend that on my hair!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 10:58 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer R View Post
Well, His clients include Jane Fonda and Sharon Osborne.. and apparently they have a lot of money to burn! Lol
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-20, 07:52 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Check out Sharon Osborne. https://www.allure.com/story/sharon-...-hair-makeover
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-20, 02:14 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I think both Jane and Sharon look fabulous. That said, I'm not spending $4,000 on my hair, unless it's over a 10 year period. I can't see myself at a stylist for 7 hours either, so there you have it. Then there is the probably $4,000 worth of makeup on that a professional also does for them. I'm not in the public eye so fortunately I don't feel the pressure as a famous woman to look a certain way. I figure that if I ever am in a living situation where it won't be feasible to have my hair colored professionally, that's when I will let my hair do what it wants to do, color wise.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-20, 07:47 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I went to my hairdresser today and we had a good talk about Jack Martin. I told her about the $4000 and we both agreed that's CRAZY! She wondered if that's what he charges celebrities but gives real people a better deal. I didn't get that impression, but who knows. I asked her again about maintenance and she said as long as someone has gray hair, there shouldn't really be much coloring maintenance -- that's the point, in her mind. She also said she thinks he does multiple clients a day because there's so much waiting time. Yowsa!

Tags
aging, ellen barrett, going gray, gray hair, grey hair, hair