Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-13-20, 07:04 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workouts were:

Ellen Barrett - Modern Intervals - 45 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Gentle Neck Friendly Pilates - 18 minutes

Linda - Does Vytas not teach in the later weeks of the Yoga Retreat series? If not, maybe you should just stay on Week 1, kind of like being a perpetual beginner. Piano Power Fusion - I love it! There is a gal that teaches Piano-Yoga - it's a technique to help develop strength and flexibility in the fingers and hands.

Hope everyone is feeling better this morning!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 09:39 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Leslie's 2 Miracle Miles - 30m
ePilates Arm & Leg Work with Weights - 16m
ePilates Yoga Release - 16m

Arm & Leg was another terrific workout that included a variety of moves but no gazillion reps of each. Yoga Release was a nice centering practice that also included some short glutes and hips stretches at the end.

We got some snow overnight and now the temps are dropping fast! In the past 2.5 hrs the temperature dropped 9 degrees. We're now at 14F real temp and it's going down to 9F. My kind of weather!

Waves to all!
Old 02-13-20, 03:07 PM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone,

Faithful Workouts: Stretching to the Hymns (11 minutes)

That's all I could do today. I still feel crummy, but I don't think it's the flu. Maybe a mild version, or a different virus altogether. I'm able to function pretty well through it, I just feel really bad. I think if it was the flu, I would be in bed?

Donna, how are you feeling?

Carol, thanks! I'm actually seeing my doctor tomorrow for something unrelated so I will definitely mention how I'm feeling. I'm not sure I could hide it anyway!

Dana, stay warm!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 09:40 PM  
cherimac

Aww, thanks everyone. I am in line to move up to a manager, but someone else would have to leave, I believe. One manager is looking, sort of. It’s fine...God’s timing.

Yesterday was PN Neck Friendly Pilates and today was PN 10 Minute Pilates for Stress Relief..

Christine-take care of yourself.
Old 02-13-20, 10:29 PM  
fanofladyvols

Carol I can see me ping ponging between him and the other instructors. I mean, how can you not adore someone who says "Feel the sweetness in the pose."
And you really must explain what Ellen means by Modern Intervals. I looked at that title and haven't the foggiest.

Christine please let us know. Your doc may say give yourself complete rest. I'm sorry you don't feel well.

Cheri it is God's timing and it's perfect. No matter how restless we feel. You are bei f prepared for it when it happens so that's all you can do.

Today was KV Burn Firm warmup;Cathe Gym Styles Back/Sh/biceps; Cathe Total body stretch stability ball #2. This stability ball stretch has some brilliant use of the stability ball for various yoga poses. A version of cobra that allowed me to have no discomfort on my back but pure stretch...who knew? I had given up on that pose years ago. Very nice workout.

Something I wanted to mention but forgot about the last pilates workout I did. She had you doing side lying leg lifts without the turnout. That is very uncomfortable for me. I'm not sure how it impacts the focus of the exercise but I won't do it with my toes pointed forward. Curious what you all thought.

Healthy wishes to you Donna!

And Happy Valentine's day to you guys!! (。♡‿♡。)

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 07:00 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

I got sick...weird b/c I never get sick in the winter! But, I guess whatever DD brought home was extra contagious.

So, yesterday was nothing....just didn't feel up for it.

Today was a 30 min deep stretch from CocoLime

I hope to be back to some sort of routine over the weekend.

Christine - I think we have the same thing - it isn't terrible, but it isn't great either.

Sorry to be brief, I'm rushing around again this morning.....I have to go to work and lead a meeting - I hope my voice holds out.

At least it is a start to a three day weekend.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 07:43 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Workouts yesterday were

Ellen Barrett - Sleek Side Body - 15 minutes & Sunset Stretch - 15 minutes

Both pleasant, and both very Ellen-y.

Donna & Christine - sorry you are both sick! We have lots going around at school, but so far I have avoided it.

Linda - I'm not sure why Modern Intervals is titled that way. It is an interval workout - alternating periods of low impact cardio and periods of large range of motion light weight work, Ellen-style, for the first 30 minutes or so, with the last 15 minutes being compound moves with the weights. Not sure what's "Modern" about it. Not Cheri, but Smriti does a lot of that movement you are talking about - she calls it "up and down" and it doesn't bother me to have the toes pointed forward - it's probably something in the way your body is put together. LOL - "feel the sweetness in the pose" - that's how I feel when Smriti says "hi y'all".

Cheri - I bet you'd be a good manager!

My 3.5 day weekend starts at noon! Woohoo ~

Carol
Old 02-14-20, 03:23 PM  
furmomof6

No workout today, I really don't feel up to it. My doctor said there are many strains of the flu going around right now, so it could be that.

Carol, I hope you stay healthy!

Donna, I'm sorry you're sick too. It does sound similiar. I hope you made it through your day okay.

Linda, thank you! That's interesting what you said about the leg lifts, because I'm the opposite. The turnout has always been very uncomfortable for me, so I do them with toes pointed forward.

Happy Valentine's Day!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 04:50 PM  
fanofladyvols

Today was Tracie Long Core Movements 4 "Make your move". Very stretchy.

Christine take it easy and enjoy the rest your body needs.

Same wishes for you, too, Donna.

Carol maybe she feels her approach is more modern to the typical Bootcamp all systems full steam ahead interval training of the past? Sounds like a good one either way, nice job. Hope you're enjoying your 3 day weekend!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-20, 09:14 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workouts were

Ellen Barrett - Super Fast Body Blast - 30 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Pilates for Tight Hamstrings - 15 minutes

I intended to do another short pilates video before bed, but my motivation was lacking.

Linda - I bet that's what Ellen means - "modern" = not pedal to the metal stuff, although there is still a lot of that being done in these "modern" times. She should have just called it Ellen-style Interval.

Christine - hope you are feeling better today! So far at school we haven't had the amount of illness that we had last year when we closed for a long weekend so that the cleaning folks could do an extra-deep clean.

Woohoo for a three day weekend ~

Carol