Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-20, 02:23 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

snow day, they closed the university, but I don't teach on wed so not different for me.

yesterday - karen voight yoga stretch
today - Margaret Richard my body of work 1a + charlene stand up and be somebody

buzzer - the vcore I've got is the one by the podiatrist, very balance based, it may be different than the one red panda used. I honestly can't imagine losing 20 pounds with this workout. so this got me all motivated and I've found she got several other workouts now you can purchase on line for $10 each. I need to do a more thorough dvd purge but it's hard with dvds going away!

hi ebianco!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-20, 06:13 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Quick check in, I’ve been working during the day and packing at night and we finally move tomorrow

All the same workouts again, lol.

Yesterday was Barlates Mix and Match abs 40/20

Today was Pure Barre Results Abs the planks and lower body for about a 40 m

Tomorrow will be QUICK Ellen before the movers come.

Eventmom and Buzzer. I am so paranoid about my precious OOP Pure Barre DVD’s getting lost that I’m hand carrying them.

We are having days of rain here but too warm to snow...thank goodness. It is expected to rain most of the day tomorrow. Thank goodness I won’t be doing the moving

We closed on the new house last week and have been moving fragile stuff all week, tomorrow is the big move. When your bed moves, you know you’ve moved lol.

We are going to sell our current/old house ASAP after it is empty and cleaned up nicely, we are definitely getting new carpeting and paint first.

Buzzer, that Firm Maximum Body Shaping with Tracie, it isn’t billed as easy but it definitely feels like the basics. I love her ensemble though lol.
Old 02-06-20, 07:23 PM  
Buzzer

Not so tough aerobics... DONE!

I am sad. My copy of this doesn't have the intro from Tracie (I think it was) that she finishes what she is saying, then turns around, raises her eyebrows and said "oh. and it may be called Not so tough aerobics, but it is tough!"

It was good though. All aerobics from the first 6 volumes (my favorite!). I forgot that the last time I did Vol 2, during the part where you do the press downs then the twist side to side with the biceps in isometric... that part... she says to heavy up in Vol. 2 for it, but I noticed she held light weights. I have been doing that workout OVER 20 years, and never noticed she didn't use heavy weights!! So after that, I noticed she uses light weights for a lot of it. I wonder if in post production Anna decided there wasn't enough heavy weight work and added in a voice over of Janet saying "grab heavy weight". Anyhow, that part was in it, plus all the other work I know by heart. It was a fun, enjoyable workout!

I am officially out of the CC community. It was not a good meeting, the director lied about what I said (what she said I told her is NOTHING I EVER would say!) and also lied about the timeline of events. I think the other lady that was supposed to be mediating our meeting wasn't sure what to believe. I tried not to get upset, however I admit I had to control my temper when she insisted that I admit I "lack humility and are unteachable." I swear to God, she was trying to goad me into saying that!! I told her we will agree to disagree. She stood behind her lies, and also asked my at least 4 or 5 times "do you agree you lack humility and are unteachable?" I couldn't believe the other lady was just sitting there letting her do that.

Anyhow, I separated from the community, and now I am even more happy I did. That was insanity. I have a friend in another community, so I visited their community yesterday. I am leaning towards taking off the rest of the year, and going to her community next year. I'm also considering skipping the next few years and teaching it at home, because it's all repetitive for the next 2-3 years. Then going in for the next level and seeing if it's for us still. If not, we at least have a really good base of knowledge to continue on our path somewhere else.

The other community was a complete 180 from ours!! They let the kids talk, play, and it wasn't as uppity as our community. LB had a lot of friends there (I knew more people than I realized there!) and she had a blast. She wants to go there, I really think I need some time away after this to get a good taste for community days again. Right now, I just am bristling towards them!

We are supposed to get another 2" of snow tonight, and 1" tomorrow. We will see if we really do!

Ebianco: So you closed on it! So exciting! I LOL'ed at the bed moving, then you are moved part. That is so true!! I even slept on the floor once after closing on my condo, and it wasn't the same. it felt weird. Once my bed is there, I am moved! It's home! I'm glad you guys are done after tomorrow (mostly). then the other house will feel icky and you will just want to be done with it. enjoy your new home!! Good luck moving in the rain! Hopefully everything doesn't get soaked and you can just not have any stress.

Eventmom: I think that one is the same V core! I'll have to pull it out and be sure. I remember it was a lot of standing on one leg, and I think that's what she said helped her lose the weight. It does seem odd... I wonder if I am remembering wrong, and that v core was just a part of her weight loss? Who knows. I'd have to look back! Memories do strange things.. ha!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-20, 04:53 PM  
Buzzer

Yesterday was kinda a rest day.
Today Firm Strength... DONE!

So we were supposed to get 3" total of snow.... nope. Try a foot and a half. Our snow blower is broken, so we (and when I say that, I mean mostly ME) got to shovel it. I shoveled the walkways and part of the driveway at least 3 times. Plus LB and I tried sledding the driveway because it's a pretty clean small but nicely angled hill. I had me in the front of the sled, her on the back, and used my arms to push us through the deep snow and pat down the sled trail a few times. Then helped her carry the sled up a few million times. PLUS I had both dogs out, shuffled in the deep snow so LB could walk behind me, and chased the dogs all over our property. I was so pooped by the end of yesterday!!

Today I woke up more refreshed, so I did Firm Strength. I wanted mostly muscle work, and I remember this one was hard. Yes, it was. I used 12's as my heavy weight on everything except step ups, where I used 10's. I am trying very hard to maintain my form. It was a crazy good workout!!

LB is with DH today (yay!) for a few hours, so I went to Walmart where they had amazing clearances and I got way too much (their big candles were $3 each! I had to get 5. I burn candles pretty much every day to cover up the wet dog smell!). Now I am hanging out in the quiet house for a while. I need quiet. LB is on a "talking a blue streak" phase, and it is amazingly frustrating! My ears start to literally hurt! I can't wait until this phase is over!

The forecast has around 2" of snow every day for the next 3 days, so probably another 6" by Monday night. We will see how that one goes though. Sometimes it's nothing, sometimes it's a lot!!

I got my firmology DVD a few weeks ago, I think I am going to watch part of it while I'm alone!

I hope you guys are having a great weekend, and enjoying the weather where you are!! I hope your move is super easy and the rain stops while you are moving into your new home, Ebianco!!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 02-08-20, 08:22 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all!

So the move yesterday went good...but due to the weather we had to push about 1/3 of the house (basically the basement) to Monday, so we are only partially moved, but still we moved a lot of the house so I feel moved in!

Yesterday I did the Ellen as planned and it was good but I did feel a little rushed (obviously lol).

Today since the gym was not moved (will be on Monday) I winged it with YouTube workouts: this Barlates upper body workout which was actually pretty great (https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=3s&v=jG-rM8Ut0As) and two abs chapters from this 10MS belly blaster workout with Suzanne Bowen that I never bothered to get on dvd probably because it seemed pretty beginner (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x7irz-swnxY). And I was/am so exhausted from moving that that was definitely enough.

Edited for Sunday: I did Pure Barre Foundations #1 on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_n8adK1mmQ&t=2161s) which was actually pretty great for a more tired day and a winging it in the living room day!

Thank goodness for two rest days.

Buzzer yes it’s crazy what you said about the old house feeling icky, it was instantaneous!! the rain was bad in the morning yesterday but it cleared up nicely!

Eventmom and Buzzer. I have vcore that I bought for all the balance challenges but haven’t tried it yet lol.
Old 02-11-20, 06:29 AM  
Buzzer

Firm Ultimate Calorie Blaster... DONE!
lots of sledding, walking up and down big hills... DONE!
Firm Upper Body Sculpt... DONE!

So I did calorie blaster because it was pretty much all cardio on the transfirmer. It was good! I got the steps a bit better than I did last time, and I didn't step very high on the transfirmer so I didn't slide down. I enjoyed it, and there were only a few of the steps I missed. She only does each step maybe twice, then changes it. I'd rather have 4 times so my brain can catch up! But, I did get most of the workout done, so I call it OK.

Then, LB and I were going to sled on the driveway. DH suggested a different sledding hill that he heard used to be used in this area, so we drove there (maybe a 2 or 3 minute drive). We ended up staying there about 3 hours!! I mostly walked up the hill to bring up LB's sled, then walked down the hill so she had someone to walk with and I could carry her sled up. There was about a foot or more of snow on the hill, so she was having trouble carrying her sled. I walked up and down that hill a million times. I was thinking how happy I am I am doing the Firm with the step ups!!

Yesterday I was feeling my lower body, so I did upper body split. I forgot how much I love that workout! It's tough with the pushups on the uneven placement of the Fanny Lifter parts, and the tricep dips? I about died. Those burned! I need to do that workout more I suppose. I definitely have lightened up my weights from even the last time I did this workout. It was so good though! My upper body is feeling it today. I tried to do 15's on the lat rows (I did OK) other than that, I used 10's as my heavy weight.

So when I did barre workouts, especially Callanetics before, I was so achey I could barely move. I remember getting out of the car to open our gate and thinking "I feel like an old, arthritic woman". I lost a ton of inches, my clothes were so loose, but I could barely get off the floor.

For the last year or so, I have had trouble getting off the floor again. I figured it was because of age, because although I was doing barre workouts, I was doing more athletic barre with squats and pushups and lunges and heavier weight. I also wasn't trying to go full into all of the movements to minimize sheer on my joints. Plus, I wasn't doing exclusively barre, I was doing other weight training.

Well, since I started my Firm rotation, every time I get up off the floor, I am amazed at how easy it is. It doesn't hurt, I don't have to modify the crap out of getting up, and I can get up off the floor multiple times and I'm OK. PLUS, while we were sledding, I was good with going up that hill a million times, and found it was actually kinda easy!! I kept thinking about how I wasn't that winded, my muscles didn't hurt, and I didn't dread going up and down. As a matter of fact, I was almost running down and then going back up at a good pace.

I am kinda mad at myself for straying from the Firm all these years!! I never knew how much I could credit them with. I think maybe I found early on what was good for my body, and then I spent way too many years wandering through other workouts, doing my workout time, but not getting much in return. Plus I gained weight during that time. Who knows if that's related, but doggone it, I did!!

I also put on my snow pants, which I haven't been able to snap so I zip them and leave the snaps undone. Guess what? I snapped them. Even after eating Taco Bell for dinner afterwards, they were snapped and not uncomfortable. I'm not noticing any other pants feeling loose, but I was considering getting new snow pants that I could snap. now I may not have to!!!

I guess what I'm saying is, The Firm is what initially got me into working out and fitness, and now I am returning home to it and finding I never should have left. I'm gonna stay on this rotation and see where it takes me. I had about 12 Firms before in my rotation, plus I ran. I was embarrassed by how many I had!! Now I have pretty much ever Firm, plus I am considering the 12 minute ones before they go OOP. But, I keep thinking, do I need them? I have probably 50 Firms now, classics, Fanny Lifter, transfirmer, and I even have deathbox Firms that I don't think I've ever used. Oh, plus the Fitprimes and kick butts.... do I need the 12 minute workouts?

The selling point to me is "new content I haven't seen!! MANSION SET!!!" but is that enough? You can probably address that for me, Eventmom since you have one or both of them!!

Anyhow, that's my long, meandering story about my new/old workout journey of the Firms. I guess I'm glad I found early on what works for my body, I just wish I would have just stuck with it!!

Ebianco: are you all moved now? I was thinking how it might be OK to have a chilly basement workout room for now. My room has been about 53 degrees and it's about perfect. The only thing I'd want in the summer is A/C, but for now, I think it would be OK!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 02-11-20, 12:31 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

hi!

so wow can't believe how long since I checked in.

Thursday - Margaret part b _ some cardio
Friday - gin's balanced assets + 25 min cardio karen voight
Sat - TA teen meta #1 + meta DC

sunday - got up fed horses, came into workout, tried dancy moves, nope, tried yoga, nope sat on the couch until I went to urgent care. The flu, felt like a bus ran over me.

so nada for workouts.

tonight I need to teach tonight (6-9:30) but canceled office hours and not holding my day class. Our night classes only meet 8 times so missing one is a huge problem.

buzzer - that may be the same one it's almost all one legged work. glad this rotation is working! and omg on the meeting... you're supposed to say you lack humility and are unteachable? where do they get off. are they dictators, chinese government re-education officials? .. I'm glad you are done with them.

ebianco - congrats on the move, that's a huge task. that pure foundations looks good.
Old 02-12-20, 05:51 PM  
Buzzer

FIRM Complete Aerobics and weight training... DONE!

I do love this one. It seems like it's shorter than an hour, but it's about an hour! It has quite a few step ups, and 3 sets of each muscle group. Libby looks like she wants to be somewhere else, and her smile always looks disingenuous. But I try not to feel too bad for her as she still gets a great workout.

It's snowing AGAIN. It was only supposed to be about 2" today, but we have about 4 new inches and it's still snowing. Our split rail fence, which has 2 rails above the ground, is now only one rail as the snow is up to the second rail. I keep worrying the dogs are going to just step over the fence!

No more snow in the 10 day though.... so far. It's been a great few days of snow!!

LB and I have found a great homeschool science lady and I have used her for 2 classes so far yesterday and today. I feel like I am a little free-er to do what we want to do learning wise. DH says we need to go to the other community for LB friend-wise, but I'm not sure since there's only 6 weeks left in the year (which would just be 6 mornings). I am torn right now. We can see our friends other times too, however I agree it's nice to have a morning where she can see them and eat lunch with them. I might, it's only 6 times.

LB and I went yesterday and I got a massage, we both got haircuts. Her hair is so cute now! She got some great tips on how to take care of it since it's always tangled, and I got a haircut and some tips on doing something other than a ponytail (which has been my style since LB was born). We'll see if we both end up doing something more with our hair!! HA!

Eventmom: I am SO. SORRY. you have the flu!! Ugh. And that you have to teach with it . I'm hearing so many people that are sick for 2-3 weeks, I hope you get over it faster. Get well soon, and take it easy

Ebianco: new house! I am so excited for you!! Check in when you can, I know you have busy-ness to attend to!!! Whoo hoo!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 02-13-20, 12:13 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - cs episode - stress release super easy
today - cs episode + ravi & ana immune invogorator

Buzzer - I'm improving but still feel pretty crappy.

hi ebianco - hope that even with the moving you are still enjoying your new house.
Old 02-13-20, 07:00 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all!

We moved the gym but of course it is not yet unpacked LOL. I unpacked it just enough that I could start in with simple workouts (basically unpacked my blue mat and my Fluidity barre). The gym is unfinished so I'm finding I don't have enough outlets for the TV and the DVD player, so I'll have to consult my hubby about that.

Yesterday I worked out in the living room and it was Barlates Target 20 Upper again (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG-rM8Ut0As&t=3s). This one really gave me good DOMS in my traps last week, and the time goes by fast, and she hits every muscle, although it isn't as thorough as MR but it's good for the limited things I have unpacked right now.

Today I decided to try out Pure Barre the online studio, just for a free trial and then I'll decide if I want to pay $30 for a month (probably not ). Linda raves about these a lot on her instagram so I decided to try them, especially using my DVD player not set up yet as an excuse, LOL. What I found immediately that I didn't like is that the only 60 minute workouts are the DVD workouts, and all the other full length workouts are only 45 minutes. The one I did today was great...except for only 45 minutes all the sections were shorter of course, so it felt a little easier than the Focus series, and the instructor's voice drowned out the FUN music, which is one of the things I like most about Pure Barre. The exercises themself were very good and unique and challenging. I want to try a few out to satisfy my curiosity, but my initial thought is that I'm not missing out too much since I have the DVDs, especially since I am not really willing to pay $30/month on any kind of long term basis. I also want to try out Bar Method online so may do that next month. And it was my very first workout in the gym! And I was pleasantly surprised it was warm in there and not chilly. But I had already been scrambling around doing house stuff so maybe it just felt warm LOL.

Tomorrow would be Ellen, but without the DVD player set up, I am not sure what I'll do yet for the stretchy, cardio-is workout of my week. I've been noticing that my knee pain is starting to taper off, I don't notice it all the time anymore but I also don't want to risk any 'real' cardio, even non-impact, until I'm totally steady with no pain.

Eventmom and Buzzer The new house is amazing. I feel like I am living at a fancy resort!! The unpacking and setting in is exhausting. We rented bins to help with the move instead of buying boxes, which worked out GREAT, but we have to have all the bins back by Monday so everything must be unpacked. After that we can settle in and hopefully life will become less hectic. And selling the other house of course

Buzzer I totally know what you are saying with a kind of easy day to day endurance that comes from Firm workouts...and the aching like an old arthritic woman with the barre workouts. Lately I've been in a state of constant ache but it's because of the move and hefting heavy stuff constantly, 7 days a week, but still I usually have an ache after doing barre workouts, even though the inch loss is good. I'm hoping that as my knee improves, I can get back into the Firm workouts (all low impact modified) and that I can just do that and enjoy them without any knee issues.