Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-29-20, 07:01 PM  
Buzzer

Firm Vol 4? Time Crunch Workout with Sandahl... DONE!

I love this workout. It was tough! I never understood the Firm before I think, because some of the moves baffled me, so I would wear leg weights on the glute squeeze backs (then you lunge back), or lunge instead of do those quick steps forward... now I get it. it's either used to get the muscles warmed up, or the final ones are because you worked your legs really hard and it's like a pyramid set, it's the final set without weight.

I didn't realize how much I had this workout memorized too! I talked along with her, knew when I was on my last set, and enjoyed it.

I did stop a few times to catch my breath or let my muscles recover before another heavy set of step ups. Hopefully I am on my way to doing it all the way through again! I used 10's as my heaviest weight.

I do love the volumes. I was looking at eBay for the "death box" DVD's I don't have, and decided I probably wouldn't do them anyhow. I love the old Firms when BB&H were in charge. Death box Firms were after the Fanny Lifter Firms, and I think even after transfirmer firms. I never got into them. I have the old "classics" pretty well memorized, at least in parts, and I have only done the FL and TF workouts a few times. I love my classics.

Today we went to lunch with my friend who adopted a baby. The baby is a year old now!! Isn't that nuts? how fast time flies!! She is cute. LB loved pushing the stroller. We also went to the "smelly store" (bath and body works) and LB got a personal shopper tour with a lady who was bored. She took LB around and had her try on a bunch of scents, use a bunch of soaps, and showed her the lip tints. It was so fun! LB LOVED it. She loves the personal attention though, I HATE it.

Waves to Eventmom and Ebianco!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-20, 12:02 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

kathy smith fat burning from project you - the easier one + essentrics 30 min

I can't tell if I'm sick or what. There is so much floating around at the university that probably I'm getting exposed to lost of stuff.

buzzer - if it was Sandahl that's vol 3 and my first firm that I'll never get rid of! I manged to talk myself out of a fanny lifter. geez what is up with that???

hi ebianco!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-20, 10:48 AM  
Buzzer

Firm Vol 4 Time Crunch workout... DONE!

I love this workout. short and sweet! Kai has never grown on me though. She just seems kinda showy and like she's trying too hard. I always thought she shook her hands too much and it annoyed me too. However, it's a good workout so I do it! I used the bottom portion of my Fanny Lifter and 10lbs as my heaviest weight. It was great! I love that there's only one set of pushups too.

Yesterday I took a day off. I had a run in with my director at CC on Tuesday. She called me out in front of my class when one of my activities didn't work as I had planned, and continued the conversation and was rubbing my arm condescendingly. I rubbed her arm right back. She was really rude. The rest of the class I felt all out of sorts, and just started doubting myself. it ended up not being a very good class.

So later, I saw her in the kitchen, and I told her "I think it's time we chat" she said "I agree" I said "email me your schedule and we will get together". She didn't email me, so I emailed her when I'm available. She ends up talking to the lady above her and gets her involved, tells her she didn't do it during class, I was rude and angry, and that I continued to be angry and rude to her for the rest of the class. She also says she tried to talk to me about it, and I wouldn't talk to her. she NEVER tried to talk to me. I was told by crazy director that I cannot tutor on Tuesday (But I can attend??? but she wouldn't say why. When I talked to the lady above her, she said it's to separate us a bit, I told her it feels like a punishment to me, how is she punishing my director? is she told not to direct that day?) so I said I won't be there. My director hung up on me, and the lady above her seems to be teaming up with her. we have a "meeting" on Wednesday evening, but I feel like it's gonna be them vs me.

I seriously don't know how this blew up so big. So I spent yesterday dealing with that, and finding a new community to go to. I have a friend in another community, so I will either switch or go there next year and just do the rest of CC this year at home. I have no idea how this came to this. it's nuts. I know I am not the best communicator, I am human, I make mistakes. usually if something doesn't work, we move on. No big deal. My director hasn't liked me for at least the last 2 years, I think she just blew and I reacted. I am just done though. Sadly, I will leave and I don't know if I have the confidence to tutor again. the new community, my friend is all excited to have me tutor next year if I join them, but I just don't know if I can. this really shook my confidence (there's more to it, some of the things the crazy director said that has shook me and now I am totally doubting myself).

So today I have a few more phone calls to make, and I'm done with this. I'm packing my tutor stuff, and will give them to her after our "meeting" (or intervention, as I think it will be). ugh. oh well. None of the Moms really liked me, it was kinda a big clique. Ive been there 4 years, and only have 2 friends there. One is the lady up the street, the other is the Mom who is regularly in my class. All my other friends are the kids!

Anyhow, today I have a better outlook, and I'm moving on. We are on LB's homeschool journey, not the CC Communities or the cranky Moms journey. what's good for us is what we will do.

I was still kinda feeling my muscles from Wednesdays workout, and I slept so crappy. I even woke up after 4 1/2 hours, and took 6 melatonin gummies, which is only 9 whatever of melatonin. I still couldn't sleep. so it's gonna be a long day. maybe I can nap later.

Eventmom: I have talked myself in and out of an extra Fanny Lifter a few times. I am tempted to get one for LB, since I plan on having her workout with me in the next few years. I want it to be a habit for her too. I know she has a limited amount so I have to decide soon! I might do it though. we'll see.
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 02-01-20, 01:04 PM  
Buzzer

Core Cardio 2.. DONE!

I didn't give it all the jumps and spunk, but I did it!! I did do some of the jumps, some of the funk, but I didn't do it like crazy. I did find the step routine (I think it was Tamela?) was impossible to follow. The cuing was horrible, she would cue late, and I felt like I was tripping over my step. I did my best, but was so happy it was over!!

I got my heart rate up, I did some squats and lunges in the workout, and danced a bit. it was good. I liked it.

Today is cleaning day and whatever else we want to do day. I have no plans. LB is at ballet and I have about an hour to myself. So I'll probably clean!! HA!

I feel more at peace with the CC crap that happened Tuesday. I think I know what I am going to do, and I am ready to move on. One of my friends (who is in the group I am probably going to) said that she would hold onto what is going on with me for a long time if it happened to her, and she was angry for me. I told her I am frustrated more with how it all has been handled than I am with the initial confrontation. I have lost faith in the leadership there, and it's time to move on. It's no longer my concern. Although I have the stupid meeting next week, I am not emotionally invested in the outcome. I will go to it, say only what I have to say, not worry about making things "better", and turn in my tutor stuff.

I won't have any animosity if I see the crazy director in public after this, I will smile, say "hi", but I won't be chatty. I will just be done with her. Her kids are adorable, too bad they will probably grow up to be like her!! HA!

Anyhow, I feel good today, I feel at peace, and ready for the next chapter. I was unsure of the group anyhow, and staying because I love the kids. I guess it's time for me to go where I love the parents AND the kids!

My workouts sure help though. I am feeling good, my abs have been sore (although no change in them at all), and I think my arms and legs are looking a bit more muscular. I am loving doing the workouts I know so well, and seeing the leotards again. it's like "these are my workout people". I remember I went for an audition to teach a bootcamp class once. I had only subbed bootcamps, never auditioned. So, I memorized (and wrote down for reminders) one of the Firm workouts (I don't remember which one) and did it for my audition. I remember the manager gave me the job, but told me that putting the weights on the shoulders was a no-no. the Firm worked again!! It got me a job! HA!

we are expecting like 7 or 8" of snow on Monday. Every time I look at the weather report, the snow totals go up, so hopefully we end up with a foot of snow at least!! I would love that. We need it!!

Waves you guys! I hope your weekend is going well!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 02-02-20, 09:51 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! OMG I am in the middle of moving right now so I've gotten behind again, and will be behind until another week or two when I'm settled in

But I have been keeping up with my workouts. AGAIN pretty much the EXACT same workouts I have done for the past month almost. I guess it is less decisions to make, I just "show up" and know what I'm doing while the rest of the day is crazy.

Wed: I did shake it up for arms and did Barlates Mix and Match Arms 40/20 instead of GWW, about a 20 minute workout and this one is always tough.

Thurs: The same Pure Barre Results Abs, the warm up/plank work and the leg and seat. I continue to feel improved on keeping myself more upright in pretzel so yeah!

Fri: The same Ellen Fat Burning Fusion, cut down to 20 minutes (basically the first two circuits) then my own stretching and foam rolling.

Sat: The same MR Getting Better upper body and 10MS Belly Blasters. I don't know if it is these 10 minute solution belly blasters, or the lengthening and stretching in the Ellen FBF, or just pulling in my eating a little bit, but my abs are showing more definition than they have in a really long time. I mean not much definition it is a hard to tone area for me but I really feel great!

Today: Haven't done it yet but it will be the same Pure Barre Results Arms, everything but the arms. I used my 1.5# ankle weights last time and that really helped with the glute burn, so definitely doing that again.

Eventmom I'm sorry you're not feeling well! I haven't done Kathy's Project You in FOREVER but I really enjoyed those workouts.

Buzzer Wow you are pumping out all those amazing workouts, great job! Like Eventmom I just LOVE Volume 3 with Sandahl. I've been watching the Connors (Rosanne reboot) lately and have always felt Sandahl looks a lot like Aunt Jackie (Laurie Metcalf). The music in Volume 3 even reminds me of Rosanne. LOL.

I actually already have the Firm Fanny Lifter and the bigger step (Transfirmer?)...and the Firm wave...and the Firm Zip trainer...basically everything but the "Death Box" from a few years ago. But thank you for the tip! I'm so glad I got them while they were still fairly easy to come by. I use the Fanny Lifter on just about a daily basis Between the two steps and the combined step/seat I can find a use for the FL in pretty much any workout I do.

The new house will have a larger gym than I have now, maybe 50% larger? Of course some of that space is going to be eaten up by housing the treadmill in there, and in the new house the gym is unfinished, but does have a big window with some natural light coming in (in the basement). So I should be able to spread out much more. I am very excited about that. I am anxious because it isn't currently centrally heated but my husband is going to add some vents to the unit that runs along the ceiling for me, and add brighter lighting.
Old 02-02-20, 04:40 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

friday- kundalini for kidney & adrenal
sat - TA intermediate + TA inner popstar
today- TA intermediate + 20 min dance it off

jumped my horse for the first time this year, yeah!

buzzer - sorry about this drama - remind me, were you volunteering at CC??? anyway, it seems like some people have their egos invested in stupid stuff. I always like Kai and thought they taught her to cue weird, I'm pretty sure they were totally scripted by anna in those days. we're looking at ice on tuesday - when I teach and have an exam to give.

ebianco - that workout area sounds amazing! I think you'll love it and some space heaters crank out lots of heat quickly. It is amazing when you have a set rotation it's easier and faster to workout, looking to get back to TA partly for that reason.

waves!
Old 02-02-20, 06:42 PM  
Buzzer

Firm Complete Aerobics and Weight training... DONE!

I love this workout! I get to use my new Fanny Lifter, the cuing is good, and I didn't hate anything in it. I watched the credits at the end to see if Anna had anything to do with it, because it just reminded me of one of her workouts. She didn't, and I was actually surprised. I really liked it!

I am focusing on tightening my muscles, having a tight core, focusing on which muscle I am working, and keeping my toe to the front instead of letting it go to the side. No huge body changes yet, but I really like the form changes. I also love working with my Fanny Lifter!!

today it's like 70 degrees out, then tomorrow we are getting 7-8" of snow. Some forecasts are saying up to 14", but I will believe it when I see it. All the windows are open and I'm cleaning. LB is over at a friends house, so I have quiet!!! I am cranking through the cleaning!!

Eventmom: I am so with you on drama and ego. I read that sentence, and I shook my head "yes!" because that is exactly what it is.

I am volunteering, I didn't have to apply or anything, just say "I will tutor" and go through 2 or 3 afternoons (which are probably 2-3 hours each) of training. We do get paid, but it is very nominal. For the amount of time I spend putting stuff together and planning activities, money I spend getting stuff for my students and buying the required books to teach (which pretty much added up to two of the checks I would get from tutoring, they required a lot of expensive books!), and then the actual teach time one morning a week, I really am not making anything. Someone figured out it is about $5 an hour when all is said and done, I'd be surprised if it's that much. The crazy director is also a volunteer for the position, although she's paid. None of us are required to have any specific skills, just that you say you want to do the position. So, essentially, we are all just homeschool Moms performing various functions in the group. So as far as the egos go, that's the truth!! I think her ego is way involved.

I am much happier with the thought of just saying "see ya!" at this point. I am not even dreading the meeting, because I know this will probably be the last time I see either of them (except in passing), and I really don't need to kiss and make up. I hate drama, I hate when there's something going on and someone blows it up because they overthink it, and I hate that I have been punished before anyone even heard my side. I also hate it when people put their feelings on me, and I think this is a big part of crazy director lady's problem. It's her problem though. I am more the kind to let things go (then they get out of hand, like this), because I just don't care enough. Just stay away from me if you don't like me! HA!

OK, that sounds ranty. I guess what I'm saying is, what you said is spot on! Drama drama drama!!!

Ebianco: Sounds like a dream workout room!! Wow. Good luck moving, and try not to lose anything! I swear something gets lost every move. I even lost a coffeepot once!! I mean, how does THAT happen????? Enjoy your new house!!!! Even though it's a process and a pain!!

I have a Fanny Lifter, a transfirmer (I got it off Craigslist for $10!!!), a sculpting stick, and a zip trainer. I don't use the zip trainer very often, but I still won't part with it. I had a wave, but it took up space and I didn't ever use it, so I donated it. I had picked it up from the curb when the city I worked in had a "put out your junk and we will pick it up!" day. I felt like I scored, but it turned out I scored for whoever got it from goodwill

I remember seeing the pink weights in the case at Tuesday Morning once for only $10, and decided I wouldn't do it. Now I kinda wish I had!!! Collecting Firm equipment!! I would never part with any of it though. I use it all too much!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 02-03-20, 10:45 AM  
Buzzer

Firm Super Cardio Mix.. .DONE!!

I skipped the last one or two sections with the step work. I was just done. I am a bit disappointed with me, because on the review paper I leave with my DVD's I wrote "EZ floor cardio and some EZ step. Like you'd find in a basic step class." There was nothing EZ about this!! It was a lot of sweaty, good cardio. I must really have been in great shape in my former life!!

The one thing I don't like about this workout is that there is a lot of wide legs and side steps. my outer hips start to really ache. I wonder if workouts like this were why I had my knee problems before??

I also have noticed this workout is heavy on the calf work. I'm sure there's a rhyme to their reason, but I don't know what it is. maybe the workout I'm supposed to alternate with this one is more inner thigh and no calves!

So yesterday I cleaned with the windows open. Today it's already starting to get icy on the roads nd we are camped in for the next few days. They are saying up to 17" here now. So anywhere from 6-17". I have no idea what to expect!!

Ebianco: so I was thinking, does that mean you closed on your house? or are you just in the process of packing to move? I hope the weather is good and your move is easy!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 02-03-20, 01:58 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

vcore first 20 min + michelle dozois 30 cardio

buzzer - stay safe!

hi ebianco!
Old 02-04-20, 07:07 PM  
Buzzer

Firm Maximum Body Sculpting... DONE!

Tracie Long was the instructor. She sure was young! It was a mansion set, but the workout wasn't too hard. A little bit of everything, not much cardio. Mostly strength. I was actually surprised it seemed like more of a basics workout. one set of heavy bicep work, the leg work wasn't too tough.... it was just an OK workout as far as intensity. I don't know. Even the abs weren't that tough. It was just OK.

LB painted the walls of our hallway when she was probably 2 or 3, so it was all just a big slop of blue and pink paint. I've gotten used to it, and just don't even notice it anymore. Today during math, she was looking at the hallway and asked "when can I paint it again?" I said "huh. I guess whenever you want!" so she is in the process of doing a mural of a redwood forest in our hallway. It actually looks pretty nice! She's doing a great job. She is using paints and tape, and just really in her zone. She was doing it the whole time I was working out!!!

It's super cold out, and the snow storm ended up only being about 5-6". Enough to shovel. Too cold for LB to be out for long (or the dogs). The storm was kind of a bust. It's supposed to snow all but 3 days in the 10 day forecast, so maybe that'll make up for it!! So cold though. The dog and puppy want to play outside, but I am making them come in. First of all, I don't want to be out there, it's cold! And second of all, I don't want them to not realize how cold it is and freeze their paws off. They don't like me much for it though!

Tomorrow will be a rest day for me, as we will be visiting a new community, and I will have my big (dum dum DUM!) dramatic meeting in the evening. I am just ready for it to be over. it's just stupid at this point.

Eventmom: I hope this storm was a bust for you guys too, and you didn't get the ice. that's worse than the snow!! I hope you are feeling better. This has been such a bad year for illness.
I forgot about Vcore. I have that one!! Redpanda said she had lost like 20 pounds or something like that on that workout, so I got it. I remember doing it a few times but haven't done it in FOREVER... like, before LB was even thought of!! I should pull it out again.

I am thinking of getting rid of workouts. Stuff like the Jillians, Hip Hop Abs, that one blond lady that dated Jillian (I forget her name.. I think she even had a TV show for a short time..), and perhaps some of my Cathe's that are all step. I decided to get a Fanny Lifter so LB can start working out with me when the garage is done, and I was looking today, trying to figure out what I would do with her. I haven't touched those in so long, and there are so many other workouts I'd rather do. I may be going through my workouts and decluttering them next!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14