Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-20, 11:04 AM  
Buzzer

Firm Maximum cardio plus Abs... DONE!

This one is Allison leading it. I remember when I first started doing it years ago how much her tattoos bugged me! I used my computer for the workout at the time, and I couldn't tell what the tattoos were so they were just like great big smudges on her wrists and ankle and it drove me nuts. Now that I have the TV in the room so her tattoos are bigger, they don't bug me as much. I can see they are something other than smudges!!

I thought I felt like working out, but it was one of those days where you sweat, but it doesn't feel good. I paused a lot and messed with the curtains, marched in place, fussed with my transfimer, blew my nose, and just took too much time. It was good, but I just didn't feel spunky and felt like I pooped out quickly.

I think part of it is because while I was babysitting, they got us a pizza and I just can't do that much gluten and dairy anymore. It makes me tired. I ate two pieces, and I was so pooped by the time we left I needed a nap! I didn't take one, because LB was totally energized. But I can't do it. I, of course, didn't eat well the rest of the day either (which is a trend for me. When I fall off the wagon, I just stay off the rest of the day because I'm so tired).

I just need to eat better today and recover from yesterday's pizza and crap the rest of the day! HA! At least I know why I felt "not into it".

It's a good workout though. I used the bottom portion of the Fanny Lifter when they used a low step, and was annoyed when they did the high step because I had to drag out my transfimer. Now, after using the Fanny Lifter, I feel like the transfimer is big and awkward. Once the top portion of the Fanny Lifter gets here, I will just use my transfimer for transfimer workouts or for workouts with the full step. I love the lightness and smallness of the Fanny Lifter!! How did I live this long without it??

So of course, I checked tracking on my top part of the Fanny Lifter, and it should be here by the end of the week. I can't wait!! So excited. I didn't know how much I need it and love it!

I did use my sculpting stick for this workout, and usually when they take the twigs off I grab my 2lb weights instead. Today I used the twigs... those things are so light! I got nothing out of them. I would have been just as well with no weight. I think I will leave the twigs on and grab my light weights again next time. Good day to try them out though.

Today I have NOTHING planned. Unless something comes up, we will do school, and do nothing. Maybe clean. I already cleaned a shelf in the laundry room this morning. two days of loudness and playing is all I can take.... LB can take it every day though!! HA! So I always feel bad when I am DONE and make her stay at home and be quiet. Maybe I will take her and her bff to urban air or something. Loud, but maybe I can sit outside the front door for a while and read.

Eventmom: That cracked me up that you want that firm now. I think it's a good bridge between the basics and the volumes. Although, there still needs to be one more step up to the volumes! Those things are hard. It's a good workout though! we are so good at enabling each other in this check in

LB is sleeping in. That makes me happy!! It's so quiet. DH is at the office. I love this time of day!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-20, 11:55 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

MR high voltage part 2 + 20 min TA cardio from teen meta.

I think this MR is pretty hard and I should have stuck with something easier for another week or so. I'm more tired than I want to be.

I'm on hold with the billing dept of the place that did my mri without getting authorized. This is an improvement over yesterday where the recording said no one was there and no way to leave a message. well good news, they say it was authorized and they had already sent over the documentations so fingers crossed it will all be resolved.

buzzer - wheat and dairy are mucogenic (sp?) so if you're sick extra good to avoid them.

hi ebianco!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-20, 10:49 AM  
Buzzer

Firm Strength... DONE!

I used 10's as my heavy weight. I tried one 15 lb weight for overhead triceps, and I about died. It was so hard! So the next set I dropped to one 12. Much better. I always think that I used to use 20's on these workouts as my heavy weight! I don't think I want to get back to that, but it sure would be nice, while I'm using half that weight, to not struggle!

I had written on this workout (probably when I was so strong) "mostly muscle work. low sweat". I was wrong on one part... it was mostly muscle work, but I sweat like crazy today! It was so good. I have always thought this instructor was beautiful. She just seems like she'd be really elegant and have a really nice house in real life. Like she has impeccable taste. I like her, but would be jealous of her.

I am pleasantly worked now! I feel much better. Still a bit goobery, but man, day to day it's better! I only stopped to blow my nose once this workout!

Yesterday we did a lot of school. A lot of science (we cleaned pennies with vinegar and salt, and I had some insta-snow we learned about then she played with it all evening), plus we did our CC and math. We seriously spent all day doing something school focused. It was fun for both of us though! We found a show on prime called "science DIY" and he does all sorts of experiments you can do at home. We are hooked on it right now!

Eventmom: I'm glad it was covered! It's amazing to me how much they will get you for medical procedures. Just to have LB was over $150k, according to the bill. We only had to pay $200 for my deductible, then everything was covered. That was a huge blessing!! Medical stuff is ridiculous.

I hear ya on the "more tired than I want to be". I am too. I have been sleeping pretty good (for me...) I've been getting 6 1/2 - 7 hours of sleep consistently!!! That's amazing. usually I have one night of that, then 3 of 4 - 4 1/2 hours. I'll take 6 1/2 + !!!! I don't know why I'm still tired. crap.

Ebianco: I hope you guys are still on track! What an exciting time. Huge life transition, but so cool!!

Oh, I wanted to add (I think of this every workout, then forget as I'm checking in) I have been trying to use my t-tapp form during my Firms. It actually has been helping! I'm glad I did the t-tapp rotation because it's making me really focus on form. It's amazing how all the workouts can fit together!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 01-25-20, 11:35 AM  
Buzzer

The Firm Hare... DONE!

I wrote on this one (apparently when I was in SUPER good shape) "EZ! fun workout. Heart Rate low. Sweat Low. Fun workout"

HA! I do not agree with my previous review. Granted, I was a little sore all over from yesterday's workout, and we stayed up late last night. BUT, this was a tough workout! I used the lower portion of my Fanny Lifter (the top portion is at the post office waiting for pick up, I need to get there today to get it!!!) and it was most of the Ballroom Aerobics dances/cardio. It was fun! Then, she goes into a crazy hard ab workout, hip raises, and more abs. PLUS, before that, they did some leg shoots and table position leg work, and inner thigh work... geez. It was a lot! I didn't use weights on my legs because they were not feeling well from yesterday.

OH! I forgot! There was also leg presses (step ups on the tall box)!! man. Here I was thinking I was going into an easy, low heart rate/low sweat workout, and ended up wanting to cry by the end! It was hard, for me. Perhaps I will work up to this being "EZ" again!!

I think tomorrow I will do the tortoise, since these 2 go together. I'll see if the muscles worked so hard today are worked less tomorrow!! I used to really, really love these workouts. I am surprised at how much I used to do these workouts, and how little I remember about them. I know the whole thing, but don't remember "oh! This comes next!" or can talk along with them. I was impressed though that Tracie Long could talk in a steady voice during those abs!!

We went over to help the neighbors up the street with their website (for his business), so we were there until about 11. By the time we got home and went to bed, it was about midnight. I was all happy when I woke up and saw it was 5am, then while I was celebrating, I remembered we went to bed late

I don't know what time LB went to bed, she was awake when I went to bed, that's all I know!!

Waves you guys! I hope you are having a great weekend!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 01-26-20, 11:19 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi there!

Catching up from last check in. It is pretty much the EXACT same five workouts I have done for the past two weeks. It is just the exact formula that seems to be speaking to me right now, and I feel great!! It is times like these that I'm like "why do I have 500 workouts if all I do is just these 10 DVDs" Yet I know it's just a matter of time until I get tired of most or all of these and move on, and glad of course to have a huge collection!

Wed: GWW Arms

Thurs: Pure Barre Results Abs, the warm up/plank work and the leg and seat. I had serious seat DOMS from this workout this week, so hopefully that means I'm getting better and my form has improved? I felt like I could hold myself more upright and even balancing at times in pretzel when I couldn't before.

Fri: Ellen Fat Burning Fusion. I was more tired this time around so I kept it to just the first 20 minutes plus a lot of stretching and foam rolling.

Sat: MR Getting Better upper body and 10MS Belly Blasters. This is the third week with this exact formula and it is really working for me for some reason. I forgot how much I love Jessica Smith!

Today: Pure Barre Results Arms, everything but the arms again, LOL. The seat section seemed too easy last week so this time I added 1.5# ankle weights instead of 1# and for the standing part, I added the pilates circle (around my thighs to use as resistance) and it was soooo much harder this time LOL the Pure Barres are my absolute favorite barre workouts.

Eventmom MR definitely gets me every time with her Getting Better workout!! I was playing my own music over it for a while and now I have totally gotten into the jazzy beat. It is still a little boring, yet the time goes by very fast and my arms are always worked out perfectly!

Buzzer Great job on all your Firm workouts! The last several times I've done Firm Strength that one has really slayed me. I don't remember the last time I did that workout with Allison BUT I definitely remember her tattoos bothering me too!!

It is funny what you said about sweating but not feeling good. I have had that exact feeling. It's like I'm constantly readjusting my workout clothes, or something in my gym area ins't quite right and I "have" to fix it, or there's a spot on the wall that distracts me, anything but the workout. Yeah, usually due to just being too tired or distracted.

This house may not be a forever home, but it will definitely be the next 20-30 years home. We will probably downsize eventually into retirement but I'm DEFINITELY not moving again for the rest of my career!! We settle this week and we move in TWO weeks! I am so excited and unprepared
Old 01-26-20, 04:10 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

can't believe I haven't checked in since thursday!

friday - kundalini for kidney and adrenal
sat - V core first part + caribbean aerobics cardio
today - TA intermediate practice + 30 DC

buzzer - firm strength is one of my top 2 firms! I love this one. great news on your sleep progress! I'm doing okay but get tired, then do all the stuff I have to do before bed (myofascial therapy ) then I don't go to sleep... got to try something different. crossing my fingers that it's covered... don't have the insurance saying it is yet just the provider claiming they got it approved.

ebianco - so glad to hear you are excited about your new house! we've been in this one for 20 years. It's 2000 square feet which was small as we both work at home but honestly I want less when we retire. Just tired to trying to keep it up.

have a great sunday!
Old 01-26-20, 04:54 PM  
Buzzer

Firm Ballroom Aerobics.. DONE!

Yes, I did it again. I love this workout! Plus, I picked up the top part of my Fanny Lifter from the Post office yesterday and I had to use it!!! I opened the box and it looked like it had never been used. So pretty! I used it today for Ballroom. It was a great height! I was able to jazz it up more, get into the workout, and since I did it not too long ago, I knew it a bit and even did the mambo close, or whatever that confusing one is.

I was still sore from the workouts over the last few days. Not like, OW! Don't touch me! sore, but more like "OK, I can feel those muscles" sore. So I did another cardio day. Tomorrow I will do a strength. I was going through "Firm History" threads this morning, and one was the top 5 toughest Firms. A few people put Firm Strength in their lists, so I guess I come by the soreness honestly!

I did use my ttapp form for the workout, added in some flourishing arms, and shook my hips a lot. It was fun! I used to pretend I was a Firm instructor, and people were watching me (in the class), so I would perform more. Today I wasn't a Firm Instructor, but I was definitely perform-y enough to be in the class!!

I'm getting ready for CC today since I told the lady up the street with 3 kids that I would watch her youngest while she had a hair appointment.... thinking it would be an hour or so.... nope. She said probably 3 hours. I learned something new. I had NO IDEA hair appointments could take that long!!! Apparently she gets a color, cut and something else done while she's there. So I have to get some CC stuff done so I can watch a kid tomorrow and still get ready for CC!!

Eventmom: I think 2000 square feet is a perfect size!! We have 1200, and I dream of 2000. If we ever get our house built, that's how big it'll be. My fear is that we will build it, and LB will be well into her teen years and won't associate the new house with growing up, and that she will look back on this current, crappy house fondly as the house she grew up in I realize we are 3 plus 2 big dogs and you guys are 2 and sometimes 3 when your daughter is home, but man, I'd love 2000 sq ft.

Ebianco: Glad your house in on track still!! Two weeks. That'll be awesome! You'll be so happy when it's over. I love the pure barre workouts too, especially the results. Barre did nothing for my physique... perhaps if the Firm works for me, I can readd in some barre workouts. I do kinda miss them.
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 01-27-20, 02:56 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA intermediate + shine workout for cardio (it's one they gave away)

buzzer - honestly if we didn't work at home and have home offices 2000 would probably be a bit much but 1200 with dogs and a little one, that is tight. We have 900 in taos and when the 3 of us went and had a big dog at the end of the month we'd had enough of each other!

hi ebianco!
Old 01-27-20, 05:53 PM  
Buzzer

The Firm total Body Shaping Mix... DONE!

I wasn't sure if I had this one (I was looking at the fitness favorites website) so I decided if I did, I would do it. It was fun!! A total body, combo of cardio and weights, lots of step ups and lunges. PLUS some table work for hamstrings and glutes. It was great! I worked hard, focused on my muscles, tried to keep the contraction through the range of motion on all the exercises... it was good. I was pooped at the end!!

Hopefully I start seeing results with these Firms soon. No changes in my physique yet. My pants are still tight around the waist, and my arms are still fitting the same in everything. Everything is still the same. Oh well. The workouts sure are fun!!

We got a lot of the CC stuff done yesterday, so LB had time to play with the girl down the street when she came over. They had a blast, I got a lot of the house cleaned (I even mopped my floors!!) and it was good for both of us.

Eventmom: We are hoping in our 2,000 sq ft that we will have an office for DH since he works from home, and a study room/school room for LB. So I suppose our house will be a lot like yours, space wise!! I think 900 square feet for 3 plus a dog would be awful. My old house, before I got married, was about 997 sq ft and it would have been tight for that many people and critters!!

Luckily DH now works at the shop or his office at the company, and he also has made an office in the "garage" that he tries to use. He used to be exclusively in the house, and it drove me INSANE. LB and I are doing school in the house now since DH is usually out. We were doing it in my workout room last year, and it completely took over. I feel like I"m still trying to figure out how to use the space the best I can, and this is year 4 of homeschooling!! HA!

Waves Ebianco, I hope you are doing good!! Your new house is coming up quick!! Whoo hoo!!!

OOOH! Editing to add... I am in a "firm classics" group on Facebook. Annette of fitness favorites her posted that she has fanny lifters for $25 with free shipping, and transfirmers for $50 plus free shipping! She doesn't have a lot of them, so if you want one, email her at fitfaves@gmail.com. too bad I already got my Fanny Lifter, just last week! Oh well. I am still good with the deal I got.
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 01-28-20, 12:16 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

essentrics flexibility for athletes

buzzer - the NM house we have only stayed in for around a month. It worked because we went to the gym multiple days a week, we have the horses and the windows are huge so it feels spacious. I think 2000 would work great for what you have in mind. But I hate cleaning house so I want to be as small as works. thanks on the firm hint, I'll have to look at that.

hi ebianco!