Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-09-20, 06:32 PM  
cherimac

Today DH and I had a good stretch session. I was off work.

We have never lost a dog without having one still left. It has made a huge difference.

And....she went into heat yesterday as I was trying to make a spay appointment. The furniture is covered in old blankets and towels and she’s in a diaper.😂😂😂. This could only happen to me.🤣
Old 01-09-20, 07:19 PM  
donnamp

Cheri - oh my - the same thing happened to us when we adopted our Lab! Literally, the day before she was supposed to get spayed she went into heat and we had to wait......

It must be a stretch day b/c that is what I did this evening - CocoLime stretch....30 minutes. I do feel really good now!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-20, 02:34 AM  
fanofladyvols

Thursday was strong body stacked sets Upper and 10 minute Sol. tighten and tone arms and stretch chapters. Lara Hudson is so wonderful and it was a perfect add on to the Cathe workout.

Donna I'm glad I did a stretch to be a part of the stretch party in this check-in

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-20, 06:50 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

This morning was another CocoLime workout - 30 min body weight.

I like these, but I do fall victim to thinking they are not enough at times......

I hope to get out for a walk today - my step count has been terrible since I returned to work. When we were on break, DD and i walked a lot.

I'm considering the CS/Essentrics challenge that starts on Monday - you get a 7 day free trial of the streaming service, so if I want to quit within the first 7 days it doesn't cost me anything. I do like the way it is set up in a progressive way.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 01-10-20, 08:52 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi,

This morning was another CocoLime workout - 30 min body weight.

I like these, but I do fall victim to thinking they are not enough at times......

Donna
Bodyweight is plenty Donna!

The only reason I can't seem to just do bodyweight alone is I love playing with my weights

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 01-10-20, 09:14 AM  
donnamp

Linda - glad you joined the stretch party yesterday!

I think some body weight workouts can be challenging - especially if they include the dreaded burpees, push-ups, planks, etc. This one was pretty tame. She did include things like squats, lunges, push-ups, etc, but they were only done for 40 seconds and only once through. Her workouts are geared to people with chronic health issues like chronic pain syndrome, etc., so they are gentler by design.

I succumbed to temptation and purchased her MIT (Medium Intensity Training) program on Black Friday - it is rather pricey regularly - it does include lifestyle tips, recipes, and other bonuses. As for the workouts - I have only done 2 - the stretch and the body weight.

It does come with a 90 day rotation, but I was thinking I'd get bored with it - so I may try to create my own rotation using the workouts.

I do not like the cardio workouts - I haven't done them, but on preview I don't think I will do them. The cardio dance workouts are hip hop, which is not my thing - also no verbal cues - sometimes I can deal with that, sometimes not. But the music and the moves don't speak to me so I will be skipping those. She has two HIIT type workouts - but they also look to be more dance based - so I'm not sure if I will do those either. I guess I can try once through. Those are also done w/ no verbal cues.

Anyway - I think I will just try to come up with my own rotation using the workouts from the set (substituting the cardio dance for sure!) - rather than trying to follow the 90 day rotation (which I think would burn me out sooner rather than later!)

I do think it is nice that she has created a set of workouts like this and on her You Tube channel for people who want to do more traditional workouts but are dealing with a health condition and/or prefer not to go super high intensity.

Sorry to write a book - I got carried away!

Donna
Old 01-10-20, 10:51 AM  
cherimac

I did some body weight upper body Pilates today. I haven’t followed a video this week, just done my own thing. It’s been nice.
Old 01-10-20, 11:18 AM  
donnamp

Cheri - that sounds nice! How is Blackberry doing? When my doggie went into heat it was a long time - a few weeks....I didn't use a diaper for her - I was afraid she would tear it off and eat it. Overall, it wasn't too bad, fortunately we don't have much carpeting in our house, though!

Donna
Old 01-10-20, 11:31 AM  
fanofladyvols

CheriBodyweight and pilates on your own is nice. I guess Blackberry is making her own stamp in your lives.

I also enjoy chilling things out doing pilates on my bed...so loungy

Donna I am not sure if I'll ever be able to stay faithful to a 90 day rotation... ESPECIALLY with the same instructor. I'd miss my other workout buddies too much, lol.

Side note, when Cathe yells out in Stacked upper "what number are we on?" I yelled back..."if Cedie were here you'd know!" Lol, kind of embarrassing crazy vidiot yelling at the TV.
It's all good...not a terrible thing to force myself to pay attention to the rep count

Old 01-10-20, 11:34 AM  
donnamp

Linda - I know what you mean - I think generic rotations work best for me - so I can plug in whatever I feel like for the category of the day. of course, that sometimes leads to too much time wasting figuring out what to do!

Donna