Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-05-20, 03:37 PM  
furmomof6

I'm happy to check back in with a walk and some stretching. I was thankful to get out and move.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-20, 08:54 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Get Healthy U TV - Walk, Sculpt & Sweat: Upper Body - 33 minutes
Another interval walking and strength workout. I like this one as well.

It's back to work tomorrow ~ I gave DS a cooking lesson tonight and did a little more to get ready for reality in the morning.

Christine - the big nondenominational church out by me has a bookstore, but no library.

Linda - I remember that infomerical as well. I've probably bought and sold that set at least twice. Do you have Ménière's disease? My mom had that and it could be quite debilitating. Episodes seemed to come out of nowhere.

Donna - I can barely watch an hour long TV show. And I have to be doing something else while I watch. I can crochet and watch TV at the same time without losing track of what's going on - that's my preference. Not sure why I'm such a weirdo. My ex could watch TV 24 hours a day, and didn't want me doing anything else while I watched with him. Another one of the many reasons why we were ill-matched.

Dana - Gina B is fun, isn't she?!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-20, 09:01 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Ellen - Lifted & Lean.

I always go back to her for my comfort food workouts. I didn't sleep well last night and this one fit the bill. I like her weekly schedule for this week and may follow it and incorporate some outdoor walks as the weather allows.

Christine - so glad the vertigo subsided enough for you to get out and walk. It is important to remember to be thankful for our ability to exercise! I do like variety and I'm sure next week I'll be on to something else. I think that is the way things are going to go for the foreseeable future. At least I'm moving!

Carol - My DH can also watch TV 24 hours a day! He watches a lot on his tablet from streaming sites - often while he is doing other things - but he could definitely binge watch entire seasons - I can't. Even if it is something interesting, it bores me after about an hour. I can go to the movies and watch a movie there, but not at home.

Linda - I do remember that infomercial!!

Dana - Gina B is so much fun. I am planning to get the new year's walk in this week. I didn't do the holiday walk - I, quite frankly, was not in a holiday mood this season and it didn't appeal to me.

Cheri - I hope you are ok...

Waves, Brenda!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-20, 11:08 AM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Shaped by Faith: 15 Min Low Impact Workout for Pain Relief
Shaped by Faith: Morning Stretch Routine

I just found that 15 minute workout on Youtube today and I really liked it. It was all done in a chair, but still a good workout.

Donna, thank you! So true, I'm really thankful to do what I can. Keep doing what you enjoy!

Carol, I don't have Meiere's Disease, thankfully. I had extensive testing with my ENT and they just don't know why it happens. I have learned a lot of good head exercises and coping skills over the years that help, but it's still hard to go through though.

Linda, I forgot to mention that I used to love the Hallmark movies! Our cable provider took that channel off of our basic package a few years back. I miss it!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-20, 01:22 PM  
fanofladyvols

I went with fun yesterday..LIS low impact challenge warmup and Cardioblast chapter plus Crunch fat burning dance party. I stopped before the retro sections because I think the retro sections stink. My obliques were mildly sore this morning from all that hip hop and salsa

Carol I don't have meniere's. I'm sorry your mom had that. I have a friend who does and is constantly adjusting her food intake to see if that will help. She can't seem to find what triggers the episodes.

Donna Crunch fat burning and pick your spot pilates are in my never get rid pile of workouts.

Christine I'm glad you were able to get a walk in. When I realized that I needed to be grateful for the health I am blessed with, it made me realize I needed to change my thought process. I have a new framework for my exercise time....I GET to workout...not I HAVE to workout. It has made ALL the difference in me being enthusiastic about whatever I do... a short workout, a gentle workout or a total rest day is perfect for THAT day. It's MY journey and this has given me so much grace in what I do and how I do it.

Marvelous Monday wishes to Cheri, Cheryl, and Brenda!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-20, 07:54 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

I came down with a bad cold passed on to me by my DH. He had it a week ago and I just started feeling lousy last night. Feeling even worse right now. I'm burning up but I checked my temperature and it's normal 97.5F. I guess it's just a cold then and not a flu and that's something to be happy about - if I had to choose one over the other. I'll check back when I'm back on track with my workouts.

Waves to all!
Old 01-07-20, 07:13 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workout was Smriti's new January workout:

Pilates Nest - Renew & Empower - 32 minutes

I really liked this new workout that incorporates hand weights. Lots of different exercises used, which keeps the workout fresh.

Dana - How thoughtful of DH to share! So sorry you are sick, but you are right - a cold is better than the flu.

Linda, Christine & Donna- Good workouts!

I'm running late today ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 08:59 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was: Ellen - Fusion Flow. For some reason, this is one that I don't reach for very often but it came up on her weekly schedule for this week - so I got it in. I do enjoy it so I'm not sure why I don't grab it more often.

I did take a walk yesterday and hope to get one in today before the weather gets bad (supposedly we are in for a little snow - but who knows, it is sunny right now!)

Dana - so sorry about your cold! I hope you feel better soon.

Carol - nice job on the workouts, I hope your return to work was uneventful!

Linda - Obviously, i won't give up my Ellen's!

Christine - nice workouts - are you getting any snow up your way? We are having weird weather here - cold today through Thursday and then 50's/60's on the weekend.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 10:45 AM  
fanofladyvols

Rest day yesterday :-)

Carol I love workouts that give a fresh take on exercises you can use later with other workouts. It's easier for me to remember with stretch or pilates moves. But I often forget it when it applies to weight training.

Donna when I reach for a workout if it doesn't fall easily into a category, then it's hard for me to remember to choose it. This always happens to me with my AWT and my fusion workouts.

Dana hope you're taking it easy to recover as soon as you can.

Christine, I think I will just do a few slim series workouts alternated with pure cardio in a few weeks. I am not sure which ones to pick if I do that. Kind of wanting full body slightly easier but not too eqsy? If you have any thoughts on best choice for those...then please share!

Thanks for being my checkin buddies

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 11:43 AM  
cherimac

Thanks, ladies. Hard, hard times. I went back to work and my DH was mourning so badly that I drove him to the shelter and we adopted a 1-year-old girl named Blackberry(all black). A lab mix but small, but a solid 41 pounds. It's made a huge difference to him since he's retired. We are still mourning Tucker like crazy, but she's a sweetie and gives him something to do, as she's got a ton of energy. I am a bit embarrassed that we adopted another dog so quickly, but my husband's grief was awful. He was with Tucker 24/7, running errands together, walking, etc.

I've done about 10 minutes of Pilates on my own for the last two days.