Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-14-04, 07:05 PM  
normandy

It must be me! I find the YaYa's site the most confusing thing I have ever seen. After untold tries, I finally managed to find the swapshop and saw item I was interested in. It said to e-mail seller, but when I tried to do that, it said e-mail # was private, with no option to send a message. I tried to reach Help to get answer, but it just got more confusing than ever. Oh well, guess I was just rescued from spending money on another DVD!

Just out of curiosity -- did anyone ever manage to send an e-mail to a private #,,and if so, how?
normandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-04, 07:19 PM  
tkoran

I always start a new message through my normal email program and then just copy and paste their email address into the TO: box. This way you will get their reply directly to your home email box too.
tkoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-04, 07:28 PM  
normandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkoran
I always start a new message through my normal email program and then just copy and paste their email address into the TO: box. This way you will get their reply directly to your home email box too.
The point is -- there is no e-mail address listed. When you click on the person's name to send an e-mail, and it says "Private," there is absolutely no other option that I can see to find out where to send it. Thank you -- I'll keep your idea in mind for somethng like this forum, where you can see an e-mail address or at least leave a reply for someone to contact you -- but that Ya Ya's is totally confusing to me.
Old 09-15-04, 05:13 PM  
normandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkoran
Success! I finally managed to get on Y Ya board, saw there was a message waiting for me, and it contained the person's e-mail address. Then I did what you suggested -- cut and pasted -- thanks for the suggestion.
Old 10-08-04, 10:42 AM  
Mindi
VF Supporter

Well I guess I'm out...

I've been going to Yaya's for ages via a saved link but today it tells me I have to a member..so I tried to log in, no success. I emailed, thinking maybe I forgot my password. No response.

I tried to open a new account. No responding mail to validate. I GIVE UP!
Old 12-09-04, 08:34 PM  
cooking41

I can't get in to the Yaya paper I do my name my password , bbut can't get in what up?
Old 12-10-04, 03:30 AM  
chocolateskye

Red face

I'm new to this forum and also could not get to the Ya-Ya's I went into the firm believers forum at ezboard ( is it the same as the Ya-Ya's) It seems that no one ever visits or posts to that forum.
Old 12-10-04, 07:20 PM  
PamelaP

The Ya Yas forum is misspelled as "firmbelivers" on EZ Board. I think by spelling it correctly you probably ended up on a different forum, because Ya Yas is as active a community as VF.

http://p199.ezboard.com/bfirmbelivers
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-04, 09:59 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooking41
I can't get in to the Yaya paper I do my name my password , bbut can't get in what up?
The YaYas is a membership by approval board, which means you have to apply for membership. It's a bit of a hassle but it does keep the trolls out rather nicely.

If you log on to ezboard with your name and password, you should be on your "My Account" page.

type bfirmbelivers into the forum find box. PLEASE NOTE the typo, it is bfirmbeLIVERS not believers. :rolleyes:

That should take you to the "Membership by Approval" page. There is a gray box there that says "Apply for Membership". Click that box and you will be on the waiting list until we approve applications (I'm trying to get better about doing it EVERY EVENING but hey, real life gets in the way sometimes too!). When we approve you, you will get an e-mail with a link that will allow you to get in.

If you have trouble, contact the moderators at FYYModSquad@yahoo.com (let us know your ezboard username when you contact us)
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-04, 10:01 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateskye
I'm new to this forum and also could not get to the Ya-Ya's I went into the firm believers forum at ezboard ( is it the same as the Ya-Ya's) It seems that no one ever visits or posts to that forum.
Yep, Pamela P is right; there is a Firm Believers board that seems to be abandoned. The official ezboard title of the YaYas is firmbelivers, yep, LIVERS, not lievers. Sigh.

You are not the first, last, or only person to get lost for the lack of a typo!!

Again, contact us at FYYModSquad@yahoo.com if you have trouble!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote