Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-08-20, 01:48 AM  
honey

Cleda, you are keeping us going! I just gave up Pokemon Go a few weeks ago. I was a wee bit obsessed with it for quite a while (years!).

Helen, I hope your gym buddy recovers quickly. It's so much better with a buddy.

Lili and Cleda, congrats on managing not to buy the Cathe presale. I wasn't too tempted since streaming workouts are so plentiful. On the other hand, I feel bad not supporting independent producers.

I'm still on course for my every day in February goal. My travel schedule was all wonky this week, and I didn't see the inside of a gym, but I kept on truckin' thought the Morning Meltdowns. I've now completed 43 of 100 workouts. I'm on target to hit my goal of completing the series by the end of March.
honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-20, 02:20 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Haent read yet ...

* HAVEN"T** BUT ... I think Dancin' with myself is Billy Idol ....

Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-20, 02:27 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

No check in ....

Just a reply to Helen: Yes! just got home (literally) an hour ago. It's 1200 miles one way (not 1200k) . I go down around 3-4x a year. (Mom is down there). Warm sun feels awesome. Came home to snow flurries. (it also gets chilly there as well. It was only 45 this a.m. - Fahrenheit) when I drove to the airport.

Shrinkwrap - I got overwhelmed years ago. 'nuff said

Honey: I don't always keep us going - I just had down time at Mom's !!

You guys are making me want to blow the dust off some CIAs (especially my beloved andre houle!) I adore him. Always have.

Now my big thing is: What bike ride to do today? I think I can figure out a challenge ride. Or just have fun or do an extra credit one. Decisions, decisions.

Will check back in later.
Waves to all.
Cleda
Old 02-09-20, 07:15 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Now I can go back

and fill in my log ... cuz it's all here! That's REALLY why I checked in so consistently ....

02/08/2020: Peloton Christine's 30 minute Power Zone Ride (YAY! Back home on the bike). I was tired and kinda sore from her legs the day before, but I eased back into it. This was an endurance ride. I wanted to see how her PZ rides are. (She's a bit toned down, at least I thought so!) followed by Sam Yo's 10 minute cool down ride and then a stretch .....

Now it's back to the PowerZone Challenge and week #4. Only 3 more weeks to go. We've reached the half way mark.

And now it's back to the usual routine!

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Old 02-09-20, 04:37 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

2/8 - 2 Miles with Leslie.
2/9 - 3.4 mile run in the park, lots of hills and NO WALKING!!! It wasn't my fastest pace, but surviving all the hills and not needing a walk break was awesome!

Honey - that's great that you can continue to work out every day with a busy travel schedule. I agree about the streaming, but I do like owning DVDs. At some point I need to face the fact that I do more streaming and I should probably cull my DVD and VHS collection.
Cleda - glad to be back on the bike!
Helen - sorry to hear that your shoulder is not fully healed. I think I would be a very nervous skater after your injury.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-20, 07:16 PM  
Helen

Feb 8/29
2020 34/366

Sat., 8th Feb.
dog walk, 60min
Pouring with rain (but we need it - put out most of the fires)
DH commandeered the gym to fix a leak, so went to a shopping centre carpark to practice some skating skills for about an hour & a half.

Sun., 9th Feb
Derby Training, 2hrs

drive-by, I'm at work, finished a job & waiting for the bell to go out onto playground duty.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 05:42 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Helen: I'm glad you guys finally got some (much needed rain). I think I'd agree - I'd be a little afraid of derby. You must really love it.

Lili: Kudos on the solid run. I'm not sure I've ever done that. (always throw in some walking with it!) Maybe that will change as I continue to drop weight. We'll see. Wait!! Maybe back in 1999 I did.

Waves to all!

On to me, me and all me:

Finished my book for the month already. Not sure if I'll start a new one, start on podcasts or what. I'm back and getting back into the swing of things. Mondays are my long day and I get tired from them normally and more so after a break!

2/9/2020: Denis Morton's 30 mins HIIT workout + Matt Wilper's 45 minute Power Zone endurance ride + stretch.

2/10/2020: Matt Wilper's Power Zone Endurance ride + Sam Yo's Low impact ride (10 minutes) + stretch

This challenge is only 6 weeks long. Moving through week 4. I'll have 3 weeks break between challenges and have already signed up for the next one which begins March 23rd. They do keep me on the straight and narrow. I look forward to the break also. Then I get to do whatever I want ride wise and workout wise. But you all know that.

I obviously need more coffee.
Make it a great day!
Cleda
Old 02-11-20, 02:31 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

2/10 - 50 minutes with Leslie.
2/11 - BodyPump 106, 55 minutes. I kept up with everything but some planks and push-ups. Getting stronger every day!

Helen - thank goodness for the rain!
Cleda - your challenges really seem to motivate you, so that's a good thing!

Old 02-12-20, 05:13 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

2/12 - Les Mills Body Combat. This was a kickboxing workout with some intensity drills thrown in. I liked it!

Old 02-15-20, 07:39 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

See! See!

And this is why I try to check in frequently. I had to go to the regular forum (not NEW messages) and scroll to page 2? What the heck is up with that?!? But here i am! Going to check in and get caught up. (Watch out - probably a long post - so read or NOT ... your choice!)

2/11/2020: Emma's ColdPlay Theme ride. (I think I mention every time I do this, I didn't know I knew ALL the coldplay songs! And that this has got to be probably my ultimate FAVORITE Peloton ride. It becomes so emotional for me. And this was JUST what I needed this day ..Airpods in, legs moving, tears flying!!!.) Ended with Christine's 10 minute low impact ride and a stretch! (of course, it didn't help my Power Zone Challenge cause, but I needed the break? Some mornings I can't face a Power Zone workout! Believe it or not!!!)

2/12/2020: Matt Wilper's 45 minute Power Zone Ride - back at it. Plus stretch.

2/13/2020: Don't fall over --- FIRM Parts tape - Aerobic Butt Busters and 20 minutes of meditation in the evening. What's going on here?!?

2/14/2020: Matt Wilper's 60 minute (called for) Power Zone Challenge ride, + stretch, plus Olivia's 30 minute Run/Walk on the treadmill (dare I say this was fun? Good? Enjoyable? and I got faster? Don't want to lose the running skills I used in Florida all week - so figure I better throw in a couple running workouts a week. Not to mention I was missing my mile a day?! Who is this person and what have we done with Cleda?!?)

I am RIGHT ON Schedule for the challenge. Which has it's good and bad points. The good: Many times there's one of my fellow pz chellengers on my rides with me so there's lots and lot of high 5s. Always a great supportive community. The bad? One hiccup --- power outage, tired, sore, life ... I end up falling behind. Of course, there's only 2 weeks. and yes! I'm signed up for the next one (which will be 8 weeks - YAY!) and starts unofficially March 18th - officially March 23rd.

It was a tough emotional week which time is helping to take care of. The loss of a couple of people (younger than me) always hits home and then arriving back home from Mom's. It just was a tough week getting back in the groove.

Food though? Is good - never went off track with that, so the program continues and by summer? I'll be a lean, mean cycling machine. Of course, that might be summer of 2021 - but I *WILL* get there.

So let's see .. never made goals, but so far:
1 book read
Podcasts: 5
Workouts: 14/29
2020 Workouts: 46/366

ONWARD ....
Make it a great weekend.
Cleda