Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-21-20, 06:29 PM  
lselbach
VF Supporter

Unhappy

I’ve been having trouble purchasing anything on eBay lately, as a large number of sellers refuse to ship to PO boxes
Old 01-21-20, 09:46 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Lori, that is the cutest kitty in scrubs!!
Old 01-25-20, 02:07 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lselbach View Post
I’ve been having trouble purchasing anything on eBay lately, as a large number of sellers refuse to ship to PO boxes
A lot of sellers don't send to PO boxes because shippers like UPS and FedEx don't deliver to PO boxes. Also, sellers may be concerned about buyers who scam them.

After dealing with the lunatic seller recently, I thought about how I do not like the fact that he has my name and address. I think using a PO box is a great idea to avoid giving out your home address. If the seller uses USPS, then using a PO box should be fine.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-20, 02:14 AM  
fanofladyvols

FitBoop have you gotten your refund? I hope so!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-20, 07:12 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by lselbach View Post
That’s odd because we have a PO Box and I’ve ordered several DVDs from EBay lately. Maybe the sellers had planned to use USPS anyway. We don’t have a choice. There’s no mail delivery.

Hope you got a refund Abby.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-20, 09:47 AM  
Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
That’s odd because we have a PO Box and I’ve ordered several DVDs from EBay lately. Maybe the sellers had planned to use USPS anyway. We don’t have a choice. There’s no mail delivery.

Hope you got a refund Abby.
We don’t have home mail delivery either, but we can use the address of the post office and our PO Box # as the unit # for UPS deliveries. The PO than deliveries to our PO Box, as they would a package coming by USPS. The other POs in the area do the same. Would your PO to this?
Old 01-25-20, 10:21 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
We don’t have home mail delivery either, but we can use the address of the post office and our PO Box # as the unit # for UPS deliveries. The PO than deliveries to our PO Box, as they would a package coming by USPS. The other POs in the area do the same. Would your PO to this?
I never even thought about this so thanks for suggesting it I bet they would. Our postal folks are wonderful. We do get UPS and Fedex using our physical address.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 01-25-20, 11:13 AM  
Pam

FedX won’t deliver to the PO, as the PO is not open when they are in that part of the route, but they are good about coming to my house, even in the winter. UPS won’t come to my house in the winter, even the rest of the year, depending on the driver the package might get to my house, or left at the end of my long driveway or down on the side of the main road. So, I just don’t use my home address for UPS. I often see UPS dropping off many packages at the PO, as many people take advantage of this arrangement with the PO. Hope it works out for others in rural areas.
Old 01-25-20, 11:33 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
UPS won’t come to my house in the winter, even the rest of the year, depending on the driver the package might get to my house, or left at the end of my long driveway or down on the side of the main road. So, I just don’t use my home address for UPS.
Unbelievable! I thought we had delivery challenges!

Old 02-16-20, 11:18 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Here is an update on my Ebay saga: Today, I looked at the dishonest seller's feedback to see if anyone else had left negative feedback after mine, and lo and behold, my feedback wasn't there. Ebay removed it. I called to find out why, and didn't get a clear response. I think the representative said that if the buyer opens a case of not as described and the seller initiates a refund, even partial refund, as in my case, he can get the negative feedback removed.

I was shocked. Not only am I still fighting to get my money back, but my negative feedback for the seller was removed! I was thinking that this shady seller had too few negatives, and now I know why! He says he will give a full refund, and then only gives a partial refund of about half of what you paid. Then he gets the negative feedback removed. What a scam!

I wrote a letter to Ebay's CEO, the Better Business Bureau and the FTC. Probably nothing will come of it. The scammer will be able to continue to cheat buyers who buy from him, thinking he's an honest seller.

I am 100% done with Ebay!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebay