Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-16, 03:40 PM  
gladgirl

The FasciaBlaster

I read the 45+ pages in the other thread. I am wondering if I can get some updates from those of you using it.
Is it well made?
Are you using it for pain relief or cellulite?
What do you think so far?
Are you happy or are you returning it?
Did you get the nugget, as well?

Yes, there are tons of youtube and google stuff out there, but I'd like to hear from those here. Yes, I have seen the FB page, as well. This really intrigues me. It looks like a product each person in my family could use for one reason or another.
Thanks.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-16, 05:09 PM  
ardnas

Is it well made? I think so. I see many say theirs broke on FB, but I have to wonder what they are doing with it - how hard are they going? I've used it in shower/water, with coconut oil, sunflower oil, sweet almond oil, safflower oil, arnica oil, soap, lotion, dry over PJs. And I've dropped it twice on hard flooring. Knock on wood, mine has not cracked or broke yet

Are you using it for pain relief or cellulite? Pain relief and pudgy knees

What do you think so far? AMAZING - feels so good, great for headaches, pain, circulation. Am tempted to buy another just in case mine ever breaks, would hate to be without it, even though they send out replacements

Are you happy or are you returning it? happy

Did you get the nugget, as well? no, but I did sign up for the upcoming facial fascia blaster
Old 08-12-16, 05:23 PM  
Lannette

Is it well made? Yes. There were issues when it was first released. Mine cracked was promptly replaced. The issue was fixed on the new one.

Are you using it for pain relief or cellulite? Pain relief and myofascial warm up during massage.

What do you think so far? Love it and so do my clients.

Are you happy or are you returning it? Never had such a useful massage tool. No way am I returning it. I don't do a massage without it and if I did I believe my clients would ask for it.

Did you get the nugget, as well? Yes, I got a wooden nugget. I haven't had time to use it on myself and won't use it on clients due to inability to sanitize wood due to it being porous. I'm on the list to purchase the mini but haven't received an email to do so yet.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-16, 05:27 PM  
SueT

Hi, Sandra. I bought a fascia blaster for my daughter, who suffers from migraine headaches. I know Ashley has a series of videos about how to use it for headaches, but I'm wondering how you use it for your headaches.

Thanks so much!

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-16, 05:37 PM  
ardnas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueT View Post
Hi, Sandra. I bought a fascia blaster for my daughter, who suffers from migraine headaches. I know Ashley has a series of videos about how to use it for headaches, but I'm wondering how you use it for your headaches.

Thanks so much!

Sue
It is big and awkward, which is why I signed up for the facial one, and I do often use an octopus massager for headaches too (easier to maneuver over face & head and portable in purse).
With the FB I use it by doing my face first, using 1 or 2 claws - above eyebrows, temples, over sinuses, around mouth, in front of ears. I also kind of dig in & wiggle around sinuses. Then I use it to rub from my hairline to the base of my neck starting at top on right side, long motions, move over an inch then do it again, all the way to the left - if that makes sense. I rarely take anything for a headaches anymore, just use the FB or octopus.
Old 08-12-16, 06:24 PM  
mandie123

Is it well made? I think so,but only had it for 4 weeks
I'am using it for pain relief and skin smoothing
So far, I love it.Noticed better circulation in my feet,and my legs look more toned to me.
I am happy with it,and on the waiting list for the mini/nugget
Old 08-12-16, 07:23 PM  
Stephanie_B

I think it's well made,,but I had two defective ones. I ordered originally I believe February so I've had it awhile.

I use it for pain relief and of course I like it smooths skin out or whatever. Now I cannot say it entirely solved my pain issues, as there's a lot, but I do notice my sciatica on my right side is helped tremendously when I use it. The left, not so much. I have no idea which side is worse on my imaging studies, and quite frankly I don't care because I'm so over the whole pain thing.

I didn't get the nugget, but I have something like it I don't use much. I also don't use the blaster on my face. I break it down to upper body and arms, it helps tension for sure. Middle body and butt. Lower body and butt. Then I hit everything twice a week.

My only complaint is it IS too big and bulky IMO. Three octopi would have been enough I would think. I have a 3 one from cutting defective ones, but it isn't exactly the same.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-16, 09:07 PM  
SueT

Thanks so much, Sandra. I signed up for the facial one as well, because it is hard to use the larger one on your face. I'm going to have my daughter try to use it lightly on her face the way you suggested when she gets a headache to see if it helps.

I signed up for the facial one to help with my neck and face, since I'm 54, but I should try it on my sinus area when I get a sinus headache, which is generally the only kind of headache I get. My poor daughter, who's 30, really suffers with headaches, almost daily.

Thanks again,
Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-16, 10:10 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardnas View Post
It is big and awkward, which is why I signed up for the facial one, and I do often use an octopus massager for headaches too (easier to maneuver over face & head and portable in purse).
With the FB I use it by doing my face first, using 1 or 2 claws - above eyebrows, temples, over sinuses, around mouth, in front of ears. I also kind of dig in & wiggle around sinuses. Then I use it to rub from my hairline to the base of my neck starting at top on right side, long motions, move over an inch then do it again, all the way to the left - if that makes sense. I rarely take anything for a headaches anymore, just use the FB or octopus.
Bless you for bringing this up! I have had the WORSE migraines over the last two days, and I have taken quite a bit of aspirin for it. Can you tell me which octopus you bought to use?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-16, 08:35 AM  
Michefit

Is it well made? - Yes - very solid
Are you using it for pain relief or cellulite?-I'll admit cellulite - this is problem for me in spite of all the exercise I do - I wouldn't have believed it until trying it - but YES I do see a difference in my tone and I have slimmed down in areas along the knees and upper thighs - remarkable! It does seem to tighten and smooth the skin.
What do you think so far? I think this is a totally worthwhile purchase - however it does take a certain time commitment to use to see results and it does hurt and bruise - but they heal and you are left with gradual results!
Are you happy or are you returning it? keeping it!

I am not getting the nugget - I already cringed at the price of the first one - so I will make do with what I have
Michefit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fascia blaster, migraines, old thread alert