Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-16, 08:09 AM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

that's it then

I'm still deciding if I'll keep my account for the check in I still enjoy

here's the deal

I've been bothered by a few people on social media calling me a horrible close minded person and the "fascia police"

eh
easy enough to block people on twitter

and then some one called me early this morning using similar terms

so that's it

this is a lovely forum and I wish most of you well

email me if you need me for anything
and thank you wendy!
Old 05-29-16, 08:15 AM  
Dabbadooey

I'm not understanding. Are you saying people from here are being nasty on social media, or that social media in general is nasty?
Old 05-29-16, 08:17 AM  
sherry7899

Norakate- I love your posts and will miss them in the GD. I am so glad you are staying in our check in.

Hugs -
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 05-29-16, 08:39 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Good luck NoraKate, all the best to you. If you decide to go...

Just to add to my post...I hope you reconsider staying but if you choose to leave I don't blame you. I have never been a big time poster but I am slowly retreating to lurk mode myself. I don't want to leave or cancel my account but my activity here is diminishing, as well as other places like FB. I think there are some toxic beings out there and to hear that people are receiving nasty PMs or worse phone calls makes this a place I need to reflect and ask myself how much time I want to spend here. It's definitely not the same it used to be, even though I have always thought it was a great forum and I have received a lot of knowledge and great advice from a lot of really nice people here. I have had some nice interaction with people via trades or PMs and I have enjoyed it overall.

For me personally, I think I need to do an internet detox or limit it to when I need to use it for school or whatever. And monitor how much time I use it for mindless browsing. It is a big time hog for me simply because I use it too much when I really should be spending time on other things, schoolwork, keeping up on the housework, working out instead of reading about workouts, getting outside to enjoy the fresh air, spend time with people in person instead of behind a computer screen. And spend time with people who matter most, and my best furball Midnight of course.

The internet is a great tool, but I am choosing to limit my time on it and put the majority of my time to better use. I think it will make me more productive (which I need to be!) and more content overall. Not to mention healthier mentally and physically.

So maybe an internet detox of sorts might be an idea? I have read recently bloggers who have posted about this very thing and it makes a lot of sense!

Just a thought but whatever you decide we will be behind you all the way!
Old 05-29-16, 09:01 AM  
shoegoddess

Did someone PM you with nastiness here? Maybe Wendy should address this.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
Old 05-29-16, 09:16 AM  
amoodygirl

Wow - some people have too much time on their hands. I generally find that too many people are unhappy, lonely, miserable and just plain angry all the time. Makes me want to take my cats and live in a cave!

NoraKate - please don't go. This is a great forum, with good people and info. I hope you rethink your decision. If you don't and still want to go, we'll miss you.

Diane

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
Old 05-29-16, 09:24 AM  
bubbles76

NoraKate, I hope you decide to stay. Maybe take some time away from social media altogether, but don't go. I really enjoy your posts, even if we don't always agree . Just block the people giving you grief or press the ignore button.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 05-29-16, 09:25 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
Wow - some people have too much time on their hands. I generally find that too many people are unhappy, lonely, miserable and just plain angry all the time. Makes me want to take my cats and live in a cave!

NoraKate - please don't go. This is a great forum, with good people and info. I hope you rethink your decision. If you don't and still want to go, we'll miss you.

Diane
Substitute dogs for cats and I could have written this myself. I hope you reconsider and stay.
Old 05-29-16, 09:27 AM  
sherry7899

[QUOTE=amoodygirl;2638671]Wow - some people have too much time on their hands. I generally find that too many people are unhappy, lonely, miserable and just plain angry all the time. Makes me want to take my cats and live in a cave!

I feel the same right down to taking the cats with us

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 05-29-16, 09:29 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Nooooooo! NoraKate!

You are always a breath of fresh air on this ever more stodgy and painfully politically correct forum.

Please stay!

POSTURE CHECK!
Closed Thread