Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-20, 09:51 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Gina B's Walk That Dance 2 DVD Express Workout 1 - 35min
Gina B's Total Body Circuit 1 DVD Upper Body segment - 30min

I really enjoyed working out with Gina B this morning. I just got these 2 DVDs on a whim and I'm glad I did. Good workout without killing myself. I purchased her Total Body Circuit 2 DVD several months ago and used it a lot. I liked Circuit 1 DVD and Dance DVD was interesting. I'm not a dancer but I moved and had fun.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!
Old 02-15-20, 01:26 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana I have Gina B on my wishlist but I really wanna try one of her YouTube workouts first. She seems like she has a huge fun factor. Finding a fun factor is good for everyone to have in their fitness library.

I have started my Yoga retreat week 2. I have done the Core and the stretch. Elise is the instructor and I'm meh on her. She seems nice enough but she keeps telling me to empty my brain. Well I can't because I have to focus and listen and apply form pointers :-\ She talks A LOT, too.

So this AM I did the weekend DVD Sunday AM practice that has Faith as the instructor. 10 min of low key energizing bliss. She was awesome. Same kind of gentle instruction and vibe as Vytas. I hope she teaches one of the later weeks.

I will dutifully finish up week 2 (and fingers crossed for Faith to show up next week). Overall it has been beneficial to hear the form reminders. And I will definitely keep checking the rest of the weekend DVD, too.

My commitment to stretching and recovery has been great for self-care too.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-20, 07:26 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Ugh - I have been sidelined! I spent a big chunk of the day yesterday either in bed or on the couch - but today I feel a bit better - still not 100% but better.

how are you Christine?

I think this was either a bad cold or a mild flu - hard to tell.

Believe it or not, yesterday I did a light workout - before I realized how bad I was going to feel - I did Essentrics Body Reshaping and Posture w/ Amanda. This is an ETV exclusive. I liked it - I'm going to try go complete the 7 day posture challenge. All of the remaining workouts in the challenges are seasons or DVDs I own, so I'm going to cancel my subscription for now and just use what I have at home!

I may do the CocoLime mat workout today - I figure lying down to workout may be a good option.

Random comments - I also love Gina B - she has a great attitude and enthusiasm and you just can't go wrong w/ Ellen IMHO!

Waves, everyone -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-20, 08:41 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workouts were

Ellen Barrett - Slim Sculpt - 45 minutes;
Dog Walk - 30 minutes

I hadn't done that Ellen workout in years and years - 1 lb weights were plenty for me. Hard to believe it was filmed in 2007. I'm also surprised at how sore I've been - nothing horrible, but pretty much all over. I guess that's not surprising with all of Ellen's big ranges of motion.

Donna - So sorry you are sick! Take it easy on yourself. It's not fair to be sick on holiday weekends or Christmas/Thanksgiving/Spring Break, but it seems like it happens a lot.

Linda - Sorry the next yoga instructor wasn't as good as Vytas! I think that's the lady that is doing the Barre Blend series for Beach Body - I did the one free workout that they posted, but I wasn't wowed by it. (Production values were very very good though.) I heard Ellen define "modern" yesterday in my workout - modern means mind/body connection and big ranges of motion. At least that's what I got. Sometimes Ellen reverts to Ellen-speak and I tune her out for a bit.

Dana - Gina B is a lot of fun. People on social media were poking at her the other day talking about how fat she was. I don't understand why folks just don't keep their opinions to themselves.

Hope you are better Christine! Waves to Cheri ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-20, 09:00 AM  
donnamp

Thanks, Carol!

Yes, no fair to be sick on holiday weekends, holidays or vacation time - but, yes, it does seem to happen a lot. I felt this coming on mid-week but I had so much to do at work and personally that i had to just push through - I bet it would have resolved a lot faster if I took one day off from work to recover.

It is better today than yesterday, but i'm going to take it easy today, too.

I did the CocoLime mat workout from her MITFIT program - it was surprisingly challenging - not super advanced, but not as easy as I expected it to be - maybe b/c I'm under the weather?

CocoLime is moving her stuff to Vimeo - with a $6.95 per month fee. I'm afraid that is going to happen to a lot of you tube content and, unfortunately, we can't subscribe to everything. I may pop in to her program from time to time - at least it is not too expensive and you can pop in and out as you like

Carol - I sometimes find myself sore from Ellen, too. She is sneaky.

And yes, I don't understand why people don't keep their comments to themselves. AND, Gina B looks fine - and even if she didn't - if you don't have something nice to say.......

waves,

Donna
Old 02-16-20, 09:01 AM  
donnamp

p.s. I think Slim Sculpt is the most challenging Ellen workout - I know some say Yogini - but I find Slim Sculpt to be harder!!!
Old 02-16-20, 10:22 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Dana - Gina B is a lot of fun. People on social media were poking at her the other day talking about how fat she was. I don't understand why folks just don't keep their opinions to themselves.
Wow! How rude! Gina had always looked fit and healthy to me, but now I wonder if these comments were behind her recent weight loss and diet related videos she posted on youtube. I was surprised to see those but now I wonder if she took those comments to heart. I'll never understand why people don't just mind their own business. Another reason why I'm not on "social" media.
Old 02-16-20, 11:05 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol I'm glad explained the modern in her intervals. That is modern because typical intervals are just pure physicality. I think that's fair to say.

Donna I'm glad you are trying to take care of yourself but sorry you felt poorly.

Donna and Carol I actually saw slim sculpt (skinny sculpt..is that the other title?) and another Ellen workout at my used bookstore but didn't pick it up because the reviews were all over the place. I wasn't sure if it fit my recovery week theme. Now, I'm not saying the collector in me didn't struggle leaving it on the shelf

Dana and Carol I totally agree that it is rude. It always burns my toast when women say cruel things about other women. Why can't we use our words to uplift each other?

Yesterday I did 3 Wk yoga retreat Weekend Sun AM and Saturday "Relax week #1" also week #2 "balance".
The Saturday and Sunday practices were led by Faith...yay! She's fabulous. No extra chatter and just enough instruction.

The Elise "balance" practice was a hard one for me. Many times I had to stop and look at what she was doing. Frustrating during a balance pose. I have a feeling Vytas or Faith could have done a better job leading me through it. But it is what it is.

I hope you all have a great Sunday

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-20, 04:48 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workouts were

Pilates Nest - Peace Love Pilates - 30 minutes;
Jane Adams - Gentle Yoga: Standing Poses - Flowing and Traditional - 23 minutes
Dog Walk - 30 minutes

Donna - I saw that CocoLime is moving to Vimeo for $$. I can't believe that Jessica Smith hasn't already done that. I haven't done Yogini in a long time, although I remember thinking that it was HARD for me.

Linda - Yes, Skinny Sculpt is the other one similar to Slim Sculpt. Some of Ellen's comments and video titles are triggers for folks, and her workouts are not for everyone. I think that sometimes accounts for bad reviews.

Dana - Somehow we have raised a generation or two that thinks nothing of saying and posting unkind/cruel/hateful words, although it's a lot harder to be ugly to people in person. The internet has not been our friend in that regard.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-20, 09:06 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did:

CS 1102
Jessica Valent - Love Your Body Pilates

I'm feeling better - I think resting has helped!

Carol - I know, I hope that Jessica stays on You Tube!!!! At least the CocoLime price is not outrageous.

And yes, Ellen sort of put her foot in her mouth a few years ago about the "skinny" talk and title.

For the most part, I try not to take what instructors say too seriously and try to just enjoy their workouts.....sometimes it is hard though if they hit a particular nerve!

And yes, the internet/social media etc bring out all the big bad bullies who wouldn't say the things they say to someone's face!

Hope everyone has a good day. I have the day off, thankfully.

We have to take the dogs to the vet for their check ups - but that is about it.

I think it is going to be pretty nice today - so maybe DD and I will walk. I'm feeling better.

I am not sure what to do this week - Ellen's selection of workouts for this week look good -but I may continue with Jessica Valent and Essentrics, too. Or maybe something else entirely.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna