Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-17, 09:45 PM  
momofcha

Bellicon? Or rebounding benefits

Since the posting of body by Simone’s rebounding dvd I am intrigued with rebounding. What are some of the benefits you guys have noticed? I don’t do impact any longer and I avoid cardio. I’m wondering if this would be my missing link to losing weight?

Any insight?

Thanks

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-17, 09:58 PM  
MoFirmer

Sue - I LOVE rebounding! I first read about it and got interested in it due to Anna Benson's GForce and her talk about rebounding. The FIRM actually sold a rebounder long ago! I still HAVE that rebounder! LOL! I notice I get the same effects as running but with WAY less impact on my body. I have less cellulite and it is great for the lymphatic system. Which I also read about during my cancer bout. I lose better when I include rebounding. Not to mention since I am sweating a lot I think my skin looks better.
Old 10-18-17, 10:09 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFirmer View Post
Sue - I LOVE rebounding! I first read about it and got interested in it due to Anna Benson's GForce and her talk about rebounding. The FIRM actually sold a rebounder long ago! I still HAVE that rebounder! LOL! I notice I get the same effects as running but with WAY less impact on my body. I have less cellulite and it is great for the lymphatic system. Which I also read about during my cancer bout. I lose better when I include rebounding. Not to mention since I am sweating a lot I think my skin looks better.
This is awesome. Thanks

Old 10-20-17, 06:52 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I love, love rebounding and can't say enough about it! I have a Bellicon and use it at least 3 times per week. I also subscribe to the be360 streaming platform. The price is very reasonable, I just purchased a year membership for about $35. They run a sale about twice a year I think. Rebounding really gets my heart rate up. I used to have a lot of foot pain, and that has improved because of rebounding barefooted. You can use the rebounder for balance work, cardio, strength work, and even barre work! It is one of my best fitness purchases!
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-17, 07:13 AM  
bubbles76

Which rebounder gives a bounce that feels most like the rebounders at trampoline play places?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-17, 08:16 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfit41 View Post
I love, love rebounding and can't say enough about it! I have a Bellicon and use it at least 3 times per week. I also subscribe to the be360 streaming platform. The price is very reasonable, I just purchased a year membership for about $35. They run a sale about twice a year I think. Rebounding really gets my heart rate up. I used to have a lot of foot pain, and that has improved because of rebounding barefooted. You can use the rebounder for balance work, cardio, strength work, and even barre work! It is one of my best fitness purchases!
Sherry
so inspiring, thanks!

Old 10-20-17, 08:25 AM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Which rebounder gives a bounce that feels most like the rebounders at trampoline play places?
I would think a bungee rebounder like Bellicon with softer cords. I have a 49" with 'strong' cords and it is a softter and slower bounce, which feels more therapeutic to my nervous system. It's great for jogging on and when I use it for higher impact moves I just do it a little more slowly.
Old 10-20-17, 10:40 AM  
bubbles76

Thank you! There seems there are many more rebounding workouts, free youtube videos, and enough to modify any high impact workout to justify the expense for me. Well, no time THIS year, or maybe even the next (ha!), but hopefully before my knees give out.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-17, 11:31 AM  
sophiesmom

Here’s a weird question: will my cat claw the rebounder? Anyone have this issue or do they tend to just nap on it?
sophiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-17, 11:46 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiesmom View Post
Here’s a weird question: will my cat claw the rebounder? Anyone have this issue or do they tend to just nap on it?
I have 2 cats and 2 rebounders. Neither of my cats claws the rebounders. They're not even interested in sleeping on them. They're not as soft and comfy as my bed is.