Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-17, 09:41 PM  
horsemom2

I find the sculpting in TA, Lekfit, and KP Dancebody very similar but personally, I do not do mat sculpting.
KP uses a band alot.

Most like barre3 may be Lekfit.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-17, 08:36 AM  
sophiesmom

If you really want variety try AKT on Demand.

Some of the workouts use more functional fitness for sculpting, some are more TA like but with form pointers.
The music is not current hits (God I sound old there) and she did it bc of licensing etc? You really don’t notice the music bc you’re working. Again some trainers have better energy than others.

Anna’s master trainers lead many of the workouts. Some I click with, some I don’t. Anna herself is a ball of charisma

Happy Hour: dance intervals followed by sculpting. Get this: there is a low impact modifier!

Sweat Dream: Non dance cardio with light weights followed by sculpting intervals. These remind me of Firms. It’s four limb. Let’s just call it what it is. Some remind me of Fusion Fitness but without the frantic pace. Also low impact modifier.

4play: these are straight up circuits. Burpees, etc. no dance, no four limb. You just go. These would appeal to dudes. Modifications shown.

AKTone: all toning. There is a barre inspired workout too.

Recovery workouts: foam rollindg, stretch

I will say Lekfit and NW church give you that “quickly pulled in “ affect . Oddly, they pull my legs in better than TA. No idea why?
NW, even if you don’t do the dance the sculpting will get your HR up. Nicole also does dc differently. It feels like dancing with your friends. I can see why her in-Studio clients are hooked. She has great presence, she’s fun. The music is hip -hop, current stuff, r& B. Some are all mat. She does like squats, lunges etc but there were times she reminded me of Tonique mixed with TA. First half sculpt second dc. Streaming is expensive.

Not sure about BBS because I never clicked with it.

DanceBody got really repetitive. The warm up is super similar in al of them. Yes, there’s a big library but to me that didn’t make a difference. Even some of the dance choreography got repetitive. I can’t explain it, but there were moves they repeated constantly. I could almost predict what move they were going to do and I am no dancer.

TA streaming the cost and the circus moves. If I were to TA again I’d pick a different centric and do that.

Crap this is long

Last edited by sophiesmom; 10-14-17 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Another thought...
sophiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-17, 09:47 AM  
hotncmom

Quote:
I will say Lekfit and NW church give you that “quickly pulled in “ affect
What is NW church? I tried googling it and all that came up was a list of churches in my area.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-17, 09:58 AM  
sophiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
What is NW church? I tried googling it and all that came up was a list of churches in my area.
Try NWMethod or Nicole Winhoffer

http://www.nicolewinhoffer.com/nw-method/ or

http://www.nicolewinhoffer.com/train...y-subscription

Oh, check Nicole out on instagram/ingrum etc. she puts short clips of her stuff on there
sophiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-17, 10:37 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

I'd like to start doing more cardio on my rebounder. Lekfit looks fun!

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-17, 09:23 AM  
Exercise Diva

I'm loving Lekfit and actually find myself looking forward to the workout. It's tough and I'm a sweaty mess at the end (I regularly burn close to 500 calories in an hour, and usually my max is in the high 300s with a tough workout) but I never feel beaten up. I'm not sure if it's how she puts together her sequence but it's working for me. I haven't done her pure sculpting workouts yet - enjoying the bounce sculpt too much, and I need the variety of other workouts very honestly, though her workouts seem to offer enough variety that you could easily do her exclusively if that's what you want.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-17, 09:34 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exercise Diva View Post
I'm loving Lekfit and actually find myself looking forward to the workout. It's tough and I'm a sweaty mess at the end (I regularly burn close to 500 calories in an hour, and usually my max is in the high 300s with a tough workout) but I never feel beaten up. I'm not sure if it's how she puts together her sequence but it's working for me. I haven't done her pure sculpting workouts yet - enjoying the bounce sculpt too much, and I need the variety of other workouts very honestly, though her workouts seem to offer enough variety that you could easily do her exclusively if that's what you want.
I tend to avoid cardio but need it more than ever these days. I tried the Intro to Bounce over the weekend and burned around 430 calories! That was a huge calorie burn for me. In comparison, I typically burn around 350 with an hour of barre3 and if I'm freestyling on the rebounder it's around 275. I think she has a unique combination with her method. And like you said, I didn't feel exhausted afterwards.

~Beth
Old 10-22-17, 04:12 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethlakey View Post
I tend to avoid cardio but need it more than ever these days. I tried the Intro to Bounce over the weekend and burned around 430 calories! That was a huge calorie burn for me. In comparison, I typically burn around 350 with an hour of barre3 and if I'm freestyling on the rebounder it's around 275. I think she has a unique combination with her method. And like you said, I didn't feel exhausted afterwards.

~Beth
Beth - have you done any more of the workouts?

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-17, 05:30 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Beth - have you done any more of the workouts?
Sue, yes, I am doing the Bounce about three days per week. There is some sculpting mixed in with that. She also has shorter add-ons that can be mixed with other things. Lekfit has a 7 day free trial. Last week I did kettlebells two days and I tried Taebo to see if I liked it. I am contemplating measuring tomorrow.

I have a tentative schedule set up something like this:

Bounce Sculpt
Total Body Weights
Bounce Sculpt
Total Body Weights
Bounce Sculpt
Kickboxing
Rest
Old 10-22-17, 06:38 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethlakey View Post
Sue, yes, I am doing the Bounce about three days per week. There is some sculpting mixed in with that. She also has shorter add-ons that can be mixed with other things. Lekfit has a 7 day free trial. Last week I did kettlebells two days and I tried Taebo to see if I liked it. I am contemplating measuring tomorrow.

I have a tentative schedule set up something like this:

Bounce Sculpt
Total Body Weights
Bounce Sculpt
Total Body Weights
Bounce Sculpt
Kickboxing
Rest
That looks like a good rotation. You know I love weights too

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags