Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-19-16, 10:14 AM  
Sarah53583

Viper anti virus

We just bought a new HP computer from HSN. It came with a 30 day trial of McAfee on it. I was thinking of ordering the Viper anti virus for it that they sell. I was wondering if any of you have that anti virus - if so would you recommend it or not?

Thanks!
Old 08-19-16, 11:18 AM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

My company uses it on their laptops. Seems to work pretty well. I'd put it on my personal laptop too years ago but haven't put it on the one I got recently. I figure if our IT department likes it, it should be good. It doesn't seem to have as many annoying notifications as say, McAfee (which came free with my new personal laptop).

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-16, 02:27 PM  
jusca

I opened this thread wondering why the word viper was paired with anti-virus instead of anti-venom. heh.

On the other hand, I have no experience with the Viper software. It's actually my first time ever hearing about it and I've used quite a few anti-virus programs. I'll be sure to check it out.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-16, 03:40 PM  
starbelly

I use Malwarebytes which has been very effective for me, but I do notice that it slows my computer (all anti-virus slows computers, though). It notified me when a local and trusted website had been infected. Even legitimate sites can spread malware, so it's important to be protected.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-16, 07:40 PM  
weener
VF Supporter

October 2015 I bought the HP lap top computer and got the Viper anti virus. I'm liking my computer and the Viper seems to work well. I'm happy!!!

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-16, 08:10 AM  
suegy3

I've used it over 7 years on two pcs and never had a problem
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote