Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-13-16, 08:56 AM  
ardnas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Bless you for bringing this up! I have had the WORSE migraines over the last two days, and I have taken quite a bit of aspirin for it. Can you tell me which octopus you bought to use?
This one.
Old 08-13-16, 02:00 PM  
sophiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michefit View Post
Is it well made? - Yes - very solid
Are you using it for pain relief or cellulite?-I'll admit cellulite - this is problem for me in spite of all the exercise I do - I wouldn't have believed it until trying it - but YES I do see a difference in my tone and I have slimmed down in areas along the knees and upper thighs - remarkable! It does seem to tighten and smooth the skin.
What do you think so far? I think this is a totally worthwhile purchase - however it does take a certain time commitment to use to see results and it does hurt and bruise - but they heal and you are left with gradual results!
Are you happy or are you returning it? keeping it!

I am not getting the nugget - I already cringed at the price of the first one - so I will make do with what I have
Michefit and Steph how long are you working an area? Do you rub one spot 5 minutes straight?
sophiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-16, 04:41 PM  
Stephanie_B

I don't really time it, but it takes me about ten minutes for upper body and ten for middle, but 15 for lower.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-16, 05:49 PM  
Aurora C.

Love it! I use it for both cellulite (not that there's a lot but I'm a perfectionist and what I've got bothers me) as well as for fibromyalgia pain, post workout soreness, neck & shoulder tension, etc.

I got a second one that I cut down to make it easier to use on certain areas.

I also got the nugget but have not found time to use it yet.

I highly recommend!
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-16, 12:57 PM  
Michefit

sophiesmom - I do not have time to work the whole body everyday - and I am still sore and bruising here and there so I still need a couple of days in between sessions. I usually aim for 5 minutes per area - I know I've got it good when I can see the blood come to the surface and it feels kind of sore/itchy. I rotate areas each day for about 20 minutes. So one day I will do the tops of my thighs and tummy - the next day the backs of the legs and calves - then the arms and inner thighs and so on...

After each session the area feels warm and relaxed...so worth the temporary discomfort.

I have really noticed a difference in the front of my thighs. It is remarkable.
Michefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-16, 01:30 PM  
sophiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michefit View Post
sophiesmom - I do not have time to work the whole body everyday - and I am still sore and bruising here and there so I still need a couple of days in between sessions. I usually aim for 5 minutes per area - I know I've got it good when I can see the blood come to the surface and it feels kind of sore/itchy. I rotate areas each day for about 20 minutes. So one day I will do the tops of my thighs and tummy - the next day the backs of the legs and calves - then the arms and inner thighs and so on...

After each session the area feels warm and relaxed...so worth the temporary discomfort.

I have really noticed a difference in the front of my thighs. It is remarkable.
Gotcha! Thank you for breaking that down. It seems doable that way.
sophiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 10:40 AM  
gladgirl

Some on the FBook page use it on their face! (At least, they use the small ones)...but does anyone here who uses it on their face get bruising there, as well. My DD suffers from migraines and this would be great...but don't want to trade in the migraines for a bruised face.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 02:45 PM  
Aurora C.

I have used it & it's amazing for headaches/migraines...I have never got bruising on my face from it nor have I heard anyone in the Facebook group get face bruising - this is a common question over there. Also, I don't go so rough on my face as areas that have more padding, so maybe that's why.
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 03:02 PM  
ardnas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
Some on the FBook page use it on their face! (At least, they use the small ones)...but does anyone here who uses it on their face get bruising there, as well. My DD suffers from migraines and this would be great...but don't want to trade in the migraines for a bruised face.
I've never bruised on my face & use it nightly and go hard around my sinuses for headaches.
Old 08-15-16, 03:24 PM  
gladgirl

Aurora C and Sandra, thanks for the no bruising on the face. I will pass that along to DD.

One last question...about being "hot" first. I do not have a sauna or access to one...how do you all get hot first? Sweaty workout and hot shower then do blast? OR is there another way?
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fascia blaster, migraines, old thread alert