Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-30-16, 04:56 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Thank you so much! I have a current client with foot and ankle issues. The FB is too big for the problem area so I've been using my fingers to release the area. She may be able to use the qua tool at home so she can go longer between sessions or even get sustained relief.
You're welcome!

The PT was working on an ankle injury during Ashley's 280 mile run for her charity, so I'm sure it will help your client.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-16, 07:56 AM  
Exercise Diva

[QUOTE=Stephanie_B;2639024]I use it normally after a workout in the shower. Sometimes I use it after a workout with oils. I have used a heating pad to warm the tissue up, but I think the FB does a good enough job on its own. I don't think it's necessary to push or whatever then Facebook women are doing to have constant bruising. I don't and I FEEL results, meaning less pain and more flexibility.

I've also used it in the shower after a workout, and I've come out feeling dizzy and I also find that I sweat uncontrollably for a long while afterwards. I don't know if it's from released toxins or what, but I actually prefer to use it directly after I workout without the shower. I also find that the FB does do a good job on its own - just moving it over the skin warms up the tissue, much like a massage therapist would do. I also don't bruise as much when I do it this way.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-16, 08:21 AM  
mandie123

I've been reading the posts of FB,and want to invest in one,but have to wait a few weeks til I can afford it.But,it looks like something that would help my very stiff hips and shoulders.I see there is a group for 40+,I just requested to join that one also.
Old 05-31-16, 08:43 AM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
It is great that NoraKate has posted her opinions and supporting evidence. That is what this forum is for---helping people make informed decisions and presenting opposing views.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I totally agree.
I agree too. Links don't necessarily need an explanation.
Old 05-31-16, 11:11 AM  
baba

@mandie123 can you tell me the group for FB users 40+ as I fall into that age category!
baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-16, 11:40 AM  
mandie123

baba-I just did a search on fb for fascia blaster+40 and it came up.After I saw a post from the regular group where it was mentioned
Old 05-31-16, 11:41 AM  
mandie123

Fascia blasters women over 40
Old 05-31-16, 11:52 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandie123 View Post
baba-I just did a search on fb for fascia blaster+40 and it came up.After I saw a post from the regular group where it was mentioned
I wonder if they have a group for almost 60.

I use it for the massage. At my age, I don't care what anyone thinks of my cellulite.

The FB has really helped a knee issue which originates in my hamstrings. I use it to massage my hamstrings on that leg, then gently around the knee, with a little more attention to the inside of the knee and just above the inside of the knee.

I go to about a one on the 1-10 pain scale, and I get ugly bruising on my inner thigh.

I also use it on my back and lats and go to about a 2 on the pain scale and have had no bruising there.

My N=1 experiment tells me that the stronger the underlying muscle, the less bruising (for me, of course, which I tried to indicate with the N=1).

I've also been FB-ing by batwings to see if maybe some of that FB magic would make them disappear. Nothing yet, but I've only done that twice.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-16, 12:11 PM  
baba

ok i totally can't find the group on facebook!
baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-16, 12:31 PM  
SueT

Neither can I!

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ashley black guru, bad customer service, fascia, fascia blaster, gua sha massage tool, lure massage tool, massage, myofascial self-release, pain relief, recovery