Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-30-06, 01:53 PM  
Marie1120
VF Supporter

Fluidity - what do you think?

I finally saw the Fluidity infomercial this morning which made me read the threads I had been avoiding.

For those of you that have this - what do you think?

Anyone see any results yet? I thought the "pull ups" using this looked interesting.

Do you feel it was a worthwhile piece of equipment to add?

How are you using this in your rotation?

Thanks.
2009 - 312/300

"Those who remove mountains begin by carrying away small stones."
- Chinese Proverb

"Getting up in the morning is a case of mind over mattress." Ziggy
Marie1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-06, 02:17 PM  
karendenning

Thumbs up Looks like I'm gonna LOVE it!

I received my Fluidity yesterday -- just six days after I ordered it! (And I did NOT pay the extra $9.97 for priority processing.) It was packaged very well and setup is a breeze. People are not exaggerating when they say this is a quality piece of equipment.

I previewed the beginner video and did a few of the moves and let me tell you, these moves are TOUGH if you do them correctly.

I think I going to really like having a barre because you can also do some great stretching on it. I went for my 4.5 mile run this morning and when I got home I actually stretched (like I should) using the Fluidity. I don't know about others, but I am so much more likely to stretch if I don't have to get on the floor to do it. The stretch where you stand with your back to the barre and bring your foot up foot behind you on the barre and stretch your quad is AWESOME!

A side benefit is how cool my three year old DD thinks we are now because we can do ballet moves just like Angelina Ballerina!

OK, so did I bring anybody else over the edge?????!!!
karendenning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-06, 02:31 PM  
ssgilby

Quote:
Originally Posted by karendenning
Not quite, but I'm getting closer!!! Somebody please post that this thing is a hunk of junk and the workouts are all totally ineffective wastes of time! There's no way I can justify this purchase to DH!!!!

Shelley G.
Melrose, MN
ssgilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-06, 03:33 PM  
Marie1120
VF Supporter

I am very very close to caving!!! Separate accounts are wonderful!
2009 - 312/300

- Chinese Proverb

Old 06-30-06, 03:47 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I finally caved yesterday and took advantage of the 5 payment plan.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-06, 06:20 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgilby
Not quite, but I'm getting closer!!! Somebody please post that this thing is a hunk of junk and the workouts are all totally ineffective wastes of time! There's no way I can justify this purchase to DH!!!!

Shelley G.
Melrose, MN

Somebody told me that the bar is so inferior it can't be sold for scrap metal, and that it causes discoloration of clothing (thus not nearly as good of a clothes tree as your treadmill or stepper). I also have it on good authority that the workouts promote cellulite, particularly in the face and neck region. And these are, of course, DVD-R so enjoy them QUICKLY if you order. BTW, Beachbody is actually in charge of customer service for this company, though DDD is responsible for website security .
Old 06-30-06, 06:40 PM  
antbuko

Wow, you had me there for a minute, Taiga!
Old 06-30-06, 06:54 PM  
GotToBeFit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga
Somebody told me that the bar is so inferior it can't be sold for scrap metal, and that it causes discoloration of clothing (thus not nearly as good of a clothes tree as your treadmill or stepper). I also have it on good authority that the workouts promote cellulite, particularly in the face and neck region. And these are, of course, DVD-R so enjoy them QUICKLY if you order. BTW, Beachbody is actually in charge of customer service for this company, though DDD is responsible for website security .
GotToBeFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-06, 08:29 PM  
Marie1120
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by karendenning
I received my Fluidity yesterday -- just six days after I ordered it! (And I did NOT pay the extra $9.97 for priority processing.) It was packaged very well and setup is a breeze. People are not exaggerating when they say this is a quality piece of equipment.

I previewed the beginner video and did a few of the moves and let me tell you, these moves are TOUGH if you do them correctly.

I think I going to really like having a barre because you can also do some great stretching on it. I went for my 4.5 mile run this morning and when I got home I actually stretched (like I should) using the Fluidity. I don't know about others, but I am so much more likely to stretch if I don't have to get on the floor to do it. The stretch where you stand with your back to the barre and bring your foot up foot behind you on the barre and stretch your quad is AWESOME!

A side benefit is how cool my three year old DD thinks we are now because we can do ballet moves just like Angelina Ballerina!

There was talk of the bar being cheap wood on some or not being wood. What is the wood like with the one you got?
2009 - 312/300

- Chinese Proverb

Old 06-30-06, 08:39 PM  
karendenning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie1120
There was talk of the bar being cheap wood on some or not being wood. What is the wood like with the one you got?
The bar on the Fluidity I received was not the grainless wood, but it is not the highly finished, darker oak that is on the video. I ordered it expecting the non finished grainless wood, so the kind of "in between" that I got was a pleasant surprise. My only minor beef is that there is a significant knot on the wood that was clearly "filled" with a wood plug. But it was all sanded very smooth and has a light finish on it, and it is on the back of the bar close to the end, so I can live with that. Besides, I perspire quite heavily so I imagine that the bar will not be pristine forever so I'm just going to use it and not worry too much!

I did a bit of the beginner video tonight and I can say that I am still really jazzed about this purchase!!!
karendenning is offline   Reply With Quote