Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-17-11, 01:20 PM  
Keepfitgirl

I'll be a bit gutted if these aren't available to the UK straight away . I still haven't had any reply from JB's site about international customers.

Emma
Keepfitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 01:56 PM  
lindseylu8

I emailed Amy for some "inside" info and she commented on HER workouts and the ones she had seen. She said I could share the info here. She did say she has not done the entire system so is specifically commenting on only the ones she has done from the set:

Where will they be sold? I assume on his website (although I tend to think he's going to create a new website for these workouts) http://www.urbanrebounding.com The new workouts are called "URX-MT" Urban Rebounding Xtreme Metabolic Training. I have seen the cover of mine and the intro to Greg Sim's pretty cool how he's doing this series.

Will your workout be available on your Web site? probably not, but I will ask him if we can sell them. Not sure if he will allow us like Greg T did with the CIA's.

Do each of the workouts have a different emphasis? I didn't get the details of everyone's workouts. I think we both need clips and descriptions for this question to get answered. The ones I did see were circuit and or interval and there were bands and sand weights used.

I know that you do not control the decision making but why no pre-sale? Not really sure. It could be he has a deal with HSN already and they have the exclusive offering of them? Just a shot in the dark, but he did mention them going to HSN and being made for TV.

Will downloads be available? I hope so! I think down the line they will be but not initially

Someone commented that the originals weren’t too intense so here’s my response to that one:

I agree with the non-intense view of the first urban rebounding workouts. I researched and watched all of them. This package of workouts will be the complete opposite.

I think it was Uchenna and Maria that commented these are the hardest workouts we have ever done on film. (the weights take it to another level) I have to agree. We aren't just on the rebounder we are jumping on and off of it. It's nothing like you have seen before. Not sure when this will hit the market but I'll keep you posted and take some pics of the shoot. It's going to have a hard core set ps09x kinda set. Greg is the producer too

Oh one more tid bit. I tested these workouts on carpet and made sure people would be able to do it. I have seen and received feeback in the past about this. I really took the time to have 5 people do these workouts continuously at home and I changed it 3 times to make sure it's user friendly. I even did it on a thicker shag sort of carpet with sneakers on to be 100% sure.

Hopefully this give you some dirt on the new ones. I haven’t heard or seen anything further regarding these. Hopefully they come out soon J

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 02:05 PM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseylu8 View Post
We aren't just on the rebounder we are jumping on and off of it.
What the heck?!?!?!? Doesn't that defeat the whole joint-saving aspect of the UR?

Oh, thanx lindseylu8!
Old 02-17-11, 02:14 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_real_twit View Post
What the heck?!?!?!? Doesn't that defeat the whole joint-saving aspect of the UR?
Maybe she simply meant that they work both on it and off it?
Old 02-17-11, 02:38 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:

Oh, thanx lindseylu8!
Tracie Long does some jumping on and off the rebounder in her G-Force workout.
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 05:01 PM  
lindseylu8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
that was my thought.

Old 02-17-11, 05:04 PM  
Just_Jo

Quote:

Oh, thanx lindseylu8!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Oh.

I had planned on picking four of these and buying them sight unseen. Definitely not now--will have to see clips, read reviews and get workout descriptions.

I hate to say it, but I'm just a tad bit disappointed.

I love rebounder workouts for many reasons, but mostly because it's fun cardio that doesn't kill me. Looks like that may not be the case with the new workouts.
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 07:25 PM  
lindseylu8

I like the fact that
a) its a complete set (includes cardio, strength, AWT)
b) its challenging
c) good instructors
d) provides plenty of variety

I wouldnt base an opinion off of the few dvds that Amy spoke about above. I would wait to see the reamining 11 or so w/o's before deciding.

I think this is a balanced challenging system and includes tons of variety. I am MORE than looking forward to it!!!!

Im also assuming not all the w/o's have you on and off the UR. I would imagine like in Tracies G Force- some of the moves are done on the floor- the strength work. And in 1 section she has you off and then on the UR for a few moves.

Old 02-17-11, 07:59 PM  
adrien_73

Just give them to me now, please!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 09:00 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

No need to be disappointed yet. Supposedly there are 13 workouts! Surely, at least couple of them will NOT have jumping on/off the rebounder. Looking at clips prior to buying is always a good idea, too!
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extreme urban rebounding, shadowboxer, urban rebounder, urban rebounding, urban rebounding extreme, urx