Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-28-21, 08:48 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of February 28

Good morning everyone. I took a rest day yesterday since I haven't taken one in a couple of months. It was a rainy day so perfect for lazing around and reading.

I hope everyone is having a good Sunday.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 03:02 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm trying to work out a doable plan for the month. I need to start my training for the virtual row/bike/run tri and yesterday a friend said she's doing BeSLAM Remastered and asked if I would do kettlebells along with her for accountability and of course I said yes. And I don't want to give up jumping rope and am trying to do more Pilates and yoga. Arghh! Yes, I always try to take on too much!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 08:24 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi everyone. I am resting today and glad cause I’m beat. Ben and I took about a
40 minute drive to Bainbridge, Ga., just to get out for a bit and to see some of their famous old houses, many Victorian style. Most of them are private dwellings so we couldn’t go in but it was fun to admire them from the car. A nice easy getaway.

Vannie I love your enthusiasm for all forms of exercise. That’s wonderful. I don’t see how you keep it straight.

Thanks for faithfully starting us off JBliff.

Waves to all.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 08:29 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, I just wish I could actually fit everything in!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 03-01-21, 07:20 AM  
Vantreesta

Happy March! I was up by 6 so it feels like it's gonna be a good day! First on the agenda is getting my spreadsheets updated and printed. I was rather ADD yesterday flitting about, forgetting what I was in the middle of and starting smthg new. I did spend 2 hours with my bike, but it wasn't a workout, it was trying to get my wheel back on, with many texts and pictures sent to my dad and brother. Trying to help someone fix something they can't see was tricky! I finally got it all aligned and back together and on the trainer and then the brakes were hitting the wheel and it would only turn with great effort. That's when I hit my patience and persistence limit and lost it. Hubby looked at it for me and apparently there was a bulge in the tire somehow. The guy at the bike shop had fully aired it up for me but that meant it would no longer fit in btwn the brakes and despite all the text help and YouTube, I could not get the brakes loosened so I finally had to let air out of the tire to fit it into the space. When I aired it back up I guess I did smthg wrong! It seems like it sounds different from before but I will try it out and see if hubby needs to make any other adjustments for me. I was surprised and pleased with myself that I lasted 2 hours and didn't give up until I just couldn't figure it out. I am not known for my patience or frustration tolerance!

Old 03-01-21, 04:54 PM  
Vantreesta

Mon 3/1 0 minutes
7 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 3) MON
13 minutes (from C. Jordan Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain, YT) MON
28 minutes (from 2.0 mi for 10k trainer wk3 day3/Ambient Osaka Cherry Blossoms walk 1/Zombies Run S3M29 repeat) MON 1st time for Ambient
16 minutes (from L. Brooks Shut Up and Train workout 1) MON 1st time 16
10 minutes (from Quick Fix Pilates Abs -Stabilization) MON
13 minutes (from Strong Knees stretch)

Didn't get started till noon so I was too hungry to do Fightmaster yoga like I had planned. My hamstring tendons are hurting again today so I kept the kettlebells light and didn't go deep in swings and deadlifts. Before breakfast I got hubby's laundry done and bathrooms cleaned. This really seems to be the best way for me, at least right now, have one big chore done before breakfast and then I don't feel guilty working out or dreading that I still have to clean.

Old 03-01-21, 09:12 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Taking an extra rest day as legs feel prettier from long run Saturday. Feeling better and running at 0530 tomorrow.

Night, Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 07:48 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Jessica Smith 4 Power Walk Mile 1 and KCM Body Training first half.

Ugh, going to be super tired today. Fell asleep at 11 pm, woke at 2 am, still awake at 4 am, then moved to the couch. I think I fell back to sleep around 4:30 am, the woke at 5:40 when I heard DS get up. Tried to fall back to sleep but gave up about 7 and just got up.

I have to go get my thyroid ultrasound today at 4:50 too. Ugh, so late in the day. I couldn’t get anything any earlier.

Vannie - You lasted longer than I would’ve trying to fix your bike. What a hassle.

Waves to everyone else!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 10:58 PM  
Vantreesta

Tue 3/2 0 minutes
7 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 4) TUE
15 minutes (from C. Jordan 15-Minute Glute Activation Workout, YT) TUE
10 minutes (from bike trainer 30) TUE barely made it the 10 min, no way I was ready for 30!
13 minutes (from L. Brooks Shut Up and Train workout 2) TUE 1st time
21 minutes (from 2.3 miles for Dark Horse Rowing: Rowvember day 13) TUE
11 minutes (from Crunch Pick Your Spot Pilates -Belly) TUE
20 minutes (from J. Miller Post-Athletic Stretches -Cycling)

Old 03-03-21, 07:05 AM  
Cher

Since I was so tired yesterday I didn’t want to do a workout that tired me out even more so I just did Cathe Lower Impact Step (no blasts) and her Total Body Strength just upper body.

Waves to everyone!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote