Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-21, 03:57 PM  
donnamp

Pam -

for now I'm also sticking w/ some gentler stuff. I am planning on continuing w/ CS since it seems to be helping my back and hips....the stuff Pahla is doing these days is very moderate - and fits in w/ the gentle theme- and I do want to get some outdoor walks and Pilates in when I can as well. I may also get some Ellen in - she is good for calming and feeling positive.

I hope things settle w/ your mom. Is she in assisted living or independent living?

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 12:56 AM  
lizh

Hi all,
Happy Monday all.

Yesterday I took another day off and walked 10K steps. Today I did the first day of Pahla B.'s weigh loss playlist from January 2021. She has so many videos and playlists! I'm not sure I want to stay with this or try her Body Shaping playlist. However, the "weight loss" part sounds appealing to me. Decisions!

In other news, I just got an email that I was auto-renewed for GetHealthyU. Something I signed up for $3.00 last year and it just renewed at $69.00. Argh!! I hate that!! I am sure there is no way out of it, so maybe I'll poke around and see if there is anything worthwhile there so I can get some of my money's worth.

Pam, your Mom's move sounds very stressful! What an upheaval! I hope she is able to settle in.
Donna - Did you go to the horse show? Sounds nice that your daughter can hang out with the horses. My dog always improves my mood even though she is mainly my husband's dog. She follows him every minute of every day but she puts up with me! And always accommodates me when I need a walk.
Wishiwasinhawaii - so strange about your coworker! I'm on the same page as you about retirement, I'd like to find a way to make an early exit as well. How old are you? I'm 61, so I'm getting there! But lately my job has been so nuts!
Sherry - waves to you! I hope you are out enjoying the nice weather!

Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 08:28 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Gentle Barre - from her streaming site

Jessica Valent - Pilates & Yoga For Arms

Jessica Valent - Sciatica Routine - some nice stretches....

Thinking, maybe, of doing Jessica's calendar this month - who knows...I suppose the important thing is just to be consistent!

Liz - Pahla is an acquired taste and a mindset shift - if you are used to doing longer and harder workouts you will feel like her stuff, particularly, her weight loss workouts are not enough. The jury is really still out for me. I enjoy doing them, and i'm sure i get some benefit from them - but would I get better "results" (whatever that means - and i guess that is the key - determining what results you are looking for!) from doing something else... Anyway, that being said I will probably do her cardio workout today for my lunch break - it is a bit chilly to walk outside today, I think.....I subscribed to Get Healthy U awhile back - I just checked out their site and it looks like they have added new content since I subscribed last. I may consider it again, what I hate is I think you have to call to cancel and I just wish there was a way to cancel online.

Waves, Pam, Sherry and wishiwasinhawaii!!

Donna

Forgot to add- if you check out Pahla's website, you could find her older mini challenges where she had two playlists one for body shaping and one for weight loss.

https://pahlabfitness.com/category/mini-challenge/

I wish she didn't change the format of her mini - challenges, but I think most of her audience is made up of people looking for weight loss results. I'm really not in that category myself, although I should probably cut back on the snacking I do, focus more on healthy foods and water....but...
Old 03-02-21, 01:56 PM  
Leonana

Sunday was a one mile walk. My car is in the shop, so I walked to the store. Dh could have driven me in his work van, but I thought I'd get some exercise. But then I forgot my mask! Dh had to deliver it to me. My car is in the shop until today or tomorrow. It's covered by the warranty, thankfully. Something called a torsion axle beam, it was making horrible noises from the back end. Crossing my fingers that the noises will be gone!

Monday was Justina Ercole's newest barre you tube workout. I thought I'd try it again. She moves quickly from standing to floor, and I can't see my tv well on the floor. So I used my phone, and it was easier to take it with me. I was able to keep up with the move changes. I liked it. I was breathing hard and had to take a couple of water breaks! I would like to subscribe to her Fit Club, but it's $50 a month.

In other good news, I won a giveaway on Justina's you tube channel! I won a Booty Kicker. I'm pretty excited.

Today I'm going to ride my bike or take a walk. I haven't decided yet.

The pics of Jessica's Lift & Shift on the check in pages on her website lead me to believe that this is advanced. Also, it mentions PP, so I'm pretty sure it's PP only, and not dvd. My biggest question is how much it's going to cost, and if I'm up for an advanced rotation. I don't want to pay a lot for something I won't use often. I suppose it can be modified. I guess we will find out more soon.

Donna, I hope the new seat cushion worked.

Liz, I am enjoying the weather! It was high 70's, then we had a cold spell of low 60's. Sunday and yesterday was cold, with a cold wind, well cold for us! But today is up to 79. But it looks like Thursday will be cool again. I wish it would make up its mind! But hotter weather will be here soon.

wishiwasinhawaii, I want to try HASfit too. They are making new workouts again.

Pam, that's terrible what the movers did to your mom. My husband works for a moving company, and they would have never done that without calling and checking first. Your poor mom. I hope she is getting more settled now.
Old 03-02-21, 04:40 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Classical Stretch Aging Backwards 1202 (Hip Pain Relief!)

Hi Ladies,

Today was another day with more calming workouts. I continued on with CS 1202, then did Lee's Qi Gong Better Balance which was quite challenging! Feeling like I needed a bit more I did David-Dorian Ross' Tai Chi For Over 60 Healthy Joints which I loved! David-Dorian has such a wonderful, positive and happy vibe which I just . He just seems like the sweetest man on earth, lol introducing the first part of the workout by talking about his daughter and her "octopus" move, ha! That was my favorite workout of the day! He just has a good time filming the workouts with his two background ladies and there are even bloopers at the end! Such a treat and joy!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 08:35 PM  
Leonana

I rode my bike this afternoon, around four miles. I start by the canal, and it eventually cuts through a golf course. I like going by the golf course, it's nice scenery. There were lots of people playing golf, the temp was 79 today. It was almost too hot for me, I think I'm going to need to start out earlier now. I noticed the golf course workers with nets trying to fish golf balls out of the canal. I don't envy them that job!

I also pulled some weeds this evening. With all the stooping, I will need to do some stretching tonight.

I got my car back! They didn't replace the part, just drilled a hole in it and squirted lubrication in the beam. It's working, the noise is going away. But I didn't pay anything, it was covered by warranty. I suppose they will do the cheapest fix, although I'm sure they would have told me the beam needed to be replaced if I was paying for it! But I'm glad to have my car back.

Pam, you have such a nice selection of dvd's. It does sound relaxing.
Old 03-03-21, 12:10 AM  
lizh

Hi all,
How are you doing?

Today I thought I'd try another Pahla B and did Day 2 from her weight loss playlist from January 2021. I liked this one! It had a lot of balance moves. I thought I was getting much better with balance from doing Jessica, but these show me I have a long way to go!

Donna - you hit the nail on the head and I agree that Pahla's workouts don't feel like "enough". However, I would be happy with some weight loss so I downloaded her ebook and may try it out. I may get bored and have to move on, but two days in and I like the routines. I think I lasted about 12 or 14 days with her a few months ago, so we'll see.

Sherry - It sounds like you are enjoying your beautiful weather! Glad to hear your car is out of the shop and it was free! (the best kind of repair!)

Pam - I just looked up David-Dorian Ross on youtube. Looks interesting! Have you been doing Tai Chi for a long time? Is his 100 days of Tai Chi good for beginners?

Waves to wishiwasinhawaii!

Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 10:04 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I had an early dentist appointment this morning - I think when I made the appointment I was anticipating that I would be going on my way in to work - well - that is not the case (thankfully - I am loving working from home, honestly).

So, this morning's workouts so far have been:

CS 1123 - all standing for shoulders (but really, total body)
Robin/TBL - Challenge Day # 3- Posture

Both were nice workouts...I have Pahla tentatively planned for this afternoon. Was thinking about Jessica V, but I will probably go w/ Pahla.

Yesterday afternoon I did Pahla's Shoulder Friendly Cardio for my afternoon lunch break and then did a short walk w/ my doggie.

Liz - I think Pahla's approach makes sense for weight loss. And, I do like her Body Shaping templates, too. What is nice about the WL workouts is that if you get a craving to do something else, you can, and then just pick up where you left off. Having that type of flexibility is nice. I really need to get on track w/ some other health actions - beside working out - I do need to work to improve my sleep, water intake, nutrition, and mindset. I don't really need to lose any weight - but being more consistent w/ my nutrition, cutting out the mindless snacking, etc. could not hurt and drinking more water...also good!

I forgot to mention this about balance - the other day, when DD and I were walking, I slipped on some mud and managed to save myself from wiping out in the middle of the street - I definitely credit Pahla's workouts w/ improving my balance. She adds a balance component to just about every workout.

Waves, everyone!

Donna
Old 03-03-21, 04:01 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Classical Stretch Aging Backwards 1203 (Quad Strengthening!)

Hi Ladies,

Getting into the slow and easy groove, since I didn't rest well last night.

Miranda's workout was a nice combo of standing and floor work today! I added to this Lee's Qi Gong for Longevity, which is just beautiful with nice ocean backdrop. Finished with about ten minutes of David-Dorian's Tai Chi Fit (Over 60) Live Longer, Feel Younger.

Liz, no I don't have a long history with Tai Chi. I just tend to pull from my more healing workout collection when needed. In addition to David-Dorian, Scott Cole is also very good! I've rotated through most of my Classical Stretch and Essentrics workouts throughout the years, but haven't stayed consistent with those lately. And, I think Lee's Qi Gong is some of the best, but have to be in the mood to really slow down and devote time to these. So cycling these workouts in and out has worked for me when I'm hurting mentally or physically.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 04:53 PM  
Leonana

Ladies, heads up! Email coming out today or tomorrow.

Haven't done my workout yet, will check in later.

I did go to Goodwill and picked up three dvds. I'm only keeping one. The one I'm keeping is Natural Journeys Tantric Toning workout with Stephanie de Phillip. I think it's from 1998. I previewed it, and I think it's something I will do. It moves slowly, and I like the moves. Lots of woo in it though, but the volume is so low, I can't hear it anyway, lol. The other two will go on Share the Wealth. I found Kristin McGee's Strong Sexy Svelte yoga (too hard for me), and Shiva Rea Fluid Power (not my style).

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy