Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-21, 08:53 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi, Watulans!

Today I did Cathe Live #36 Upper Body with Barbell. So I made a discovery! In the description she said the bar without plates would weight 3-5 pounds and I just I have two bars, and the lighter of the two is 13 pounds! It gives me a different perspective as to how much weight Cathe was using in STS when her bar was almost 10 pounds lighter than mine! So I feel a bit less inadequate. I followed it with another "stepless step" by Kat and cats. It was another express intermediate/advanced workout and was a lot of fun!

manleym, sweet of you to remember my dad had the same birthday as you. Yes, I thought about him a lot yesterday. He's now been gone 10 years and I still miss him. My DH and I also cook together sometimes, but we have different styles. He's a lil' messy and it makes me a lil' crazy.

horusosiris, I get wanting to take a break from Cathe Live. I'm not even close to that point but if I had subscribed from the beginning I would probably feel as you do. If you take a 6 month break you would have another 24 new workouts if you wanted to re-subscribe!

Kim, I'm sad that you didn't like Seasun Zieger's step. She's one of my favorite, but I know her steps were tricky.

bee, I'm sorry your "no sugar" February didn't work out. It's something I wouldn't even attempt, so you are one up on me already.

Nathalie, I'm glad you are still enjoying Live. I may have to revisit the upper body from Lite since I've been focusing more on upper body with my wonky leg.

Garrie, I also think your classes would be fun to take!

Watulans, I don't think I could handle Ingrid. I would be worried to death that one of them would fall out of their teeny tiny outfits. I am going to try to start 4 x 4 again and modify if I have to. I know I'm not doing high impact yet. My knee/leg is definitely better but not 100%. I'm proud of myself for not doing too much too soon.

The talk about butter reminded me of something my niece commented about when she moved to San Francisco. The butter package looks different than back east! We saw it when we visited and of course I had to look it up. Turns out that butter out west is called "western stubby" since the sticks are shorter and stubbier. They are longer and thinner in the east. Who knew??!!

I would love if our group to get together in person! Wine, snacks, and stories! Good times!

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 08:14 AM  
ChelePA

Kat released Hip Hop #4 last night. I was going to wait until Friday but decided to start March off with a feel good workout. It's about 60 minutes long. Steady state, intermediate cardio with some blasts throughout the workout. If you use an elevated step, it will help increase the intensity for this one. I loved the music! Several of the songs were frequently used by my favorite spin instructor. Good memories and motivating music! The choreography was lots of fun too! I added on Annanas' Recover and Grow 10 minute routine for an additional stretch.

Happy Monday...Happy March!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 10:44 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Kat released Hip Hop #4 last night. I was going to wait until Friday but decided to start March off with a feel good workout. It's about 60 minutes long. Steady state, intermediate cardio with some blasts throughout the workout. If you use an elevated step, it will help increase the intensity for this one. I loved the music! Several of the songs were frequently used by my favorite spin instructor. Good memories and motivating music! The choreography was lots of fun too! I added on Annanas' Recover and Grow 10 minute routine for an additional stretch.

Happy Monday...Happy March!
Oooohhh, I think that's going to be my fun Friday workout then! Thanks for the heads up! (and there are no commercials during?)

FN2, laughing SO HARD at the teeny tiny outfits comment! It also crossed my mind many times. That being said, I'm SO FREAKING SORE today from her workout, arg!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 10:45 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oops, forgot to add....RABBIT RABBIT!!!

Old 03-01-21, 11:41 AM  
ChelePA

Kittybug-all Kat’s recent workouts have no ads. Made me so happy!
Old 03-01-21, 12:00 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Oops, forgot to add....RABBIT RABBIT!!!
You're so right. I was forgetting: RABBIT, RABBIT!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 01:06 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Yes, Rabbit, Rabbit! It is so hard to believe it's March and just about a year of lockdown! Wow.

cataddict, that is amazing about the barbell! Go you!! And yes, the different butter formats are funny..... we actually get it both ways here, just depending brand. lavna, I'm glad you are not suffering from "hard butter".

That is a funny comment about the outfits and kittybug, I believe you are sore -- that is my memory of my little visit with it. I know I will be taking the easy options!!

You guys, I need a drumroll...... guess what I did this morning?! I had my yoga all planned out, and then..... I woke up feeling great and did..... Core Cardio Circuit!!! I left myself an out to not repeat, but in the end I did it all! Some things I did in my old lady way and I took the easier options for the core work. I really think you guys could do it -- it wasn't as bad as I remembered. There was a squat drop and roll move that I didn't do at all -- felt like I would concuss my head if I did. It was too fast. The sub was jumping jacks and plyo jacks because that was not actually a "core" move. I followed with a 20 minute Udaya and then had to put on my very sweaty socks to walk in from the barn only to discover we have a water problem. We have our own water system and unfortunately when there is an issue we don't know until we don't have water pressure. By then it's sometimes a little late but this time it seems especially bad. We had made the decision to stay here but sometimes I think we are just too old for some of this stuff and if my husband weren't here I do not know what I would do!!

That new Kat sounds really fun -- I'll bet it was a blast to have old familiar tunes in it, Chele!

Ok, off to see if I can help hubby with the water.....
Old 03-01-21, 02:24 PM  
horusosiris

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Yes, Rabbit, Rabbit! It is so hard to believe it's March and just about a year of lockdown! Wow.

You guys, I need a drumroll...... guess what I did this morning?! I had my yoga all planned out, and then..... I woke up feeling great and did..... Core Cardio Circuit!!! I left myself an out to not repeat, but in the end I did it all! Some things I did in my old lady way and I took the easier options for the core work. I really think you guys could do it -- it wasn't as bad as I remembered. There was a squat drop and roll move that I didn't do at all -- felt like I would concuss my head if I did. It was too fast. The sub was jumping jacks and plyo jacks because that was not actually a "core" move.

Drum Roll for Bee! Congratulations!

I am sorry for your water issues! Sometimes it is one thing after another! Hopefully the problem will be identified and resolved soon!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 02:28 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Drum Roll for Bee! Congratulations!
I second this!!!

Bee, I hope you get the water issues worked out. I feel your pain on that, trust me, I do, as we aren't on city water either.

Old 03-01-21, 03:45 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post

cataddict, that is amazing about the barbell! Go you!! And yes, the different butter formats are funny..... we actually get it both ways here, just depending brand. lavna, I'm glad you are not suffering from "hard butter".

That is a funny comment about the outfits and kittybug, I believe you are sore -- that is my memory of my little visit with it. I know I will be taking the easy options!!

You guys, I need a drumroll...... guess what I did this morning?! I had my yoga all planned out, and then..... I woke up feeling great and did..... Core Cardio Circuit!!! I left myself an out to not repeat, but in the end I did it all! Some things I did in my old lady way and I took the easier options for the core work. I really think you guys could do it -- it wasn't as bad as I remembered. There was a squat drop and roll move that I didn't do at all -- felt like I would concuss my head if I did. It was too fast. The sub was jumping jacks and plyo jacks because that was not actually a "core" move. I followed with a 20 minute Udaya and then had to put on my very sweaty socks to walk in from the barn only to discover we have a water problem. We have our own water system and unfortunately when there is an issue we don't know until we don't have water pressure. By then it's sometimes a little late but this time it seems especially bad. We had made the decision to stay here but sometimes I think we are just too old for some of this stuff and if my husband weren't here I do not know what I would do!!

That new Kat sounds really fun -- I'll bet it was a blast to have old familiar tunes in it, Chele!

Ok, off to see if I can help hubby with the water.....

Bee...I took on your challenge and decided to do a double workout today since they called last minute with an opening for surgery for my daughter. Otherwise, it wouldn't be until April and she doesn't want to miss her last softball season with her travel team. So tomorrow it is. CCC helped burn off some stress. It still is super tough but I felt better prepared cardio wise then in the past. The core after each round also helps to break up the intensity. I did all the moves but took my time on the drop and rolls since my side isn't completely healed. I probably did half the number of reps. Circuit #4 kicks my butt every time...so I am glad she reduces the intensity somewhat for the last one. Congrats on conquering this one! You inspired me today!

Hope your water issue gets resolved quickly!!!

Tomorrow I may do some walking since the surgery will be several hours and my husband cannot join me due to Covid restrictions. Hoping it helps distract me from my anxiety. Send some positive vibes and prayers...I know we can use them.

Tags
watulan check-in